Coloring the hair, Natural way

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Larose
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Coloring the hair, Natural way

Post by Larose »

What made me search for that way of living ,“Wai’s way“, is cancer. I really want to avoid it from the beginning. I want to color my hair, but I’m afraid of cancer. As you know, some studies showed that the hair dye can cause cancer. What is the truth? Is there a safe way to color my hair without getting cancer? :?: :?:
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I beleive something along the lines of ink from felt tip pens and vineger might work but DO NOT take my word for it. You will have to do some research :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
jfk

Post by jfk »

Hello,

I don't think there is a natural way to colour hair. It's a sort of contradiction of terms. Some people use henna but long term it makes the hair dry out. It all sort of depends on the colour you are trying to achieve? If you want lighter hair I find the longer you grow it and the more time spent in the sun, the lighter it becomes - sorry if this sounds obvious.

If you are trying to prevent/cover grey hair apparently some people have found the Wai diet is all you need :D, so good to know. (Also although I do not advocate a raw vegan diet, I saw a very convincing before and after picture of a woman whose grey hair virtually disappeared after 6 months - wow). I should imagine stress doesn't help as this is aging too.
jfk

Post by jfk »

dionysus wrote:I beleive something along the lines of ink from felt tip pens and vineger might work :)
Yes I was just searching for my "natural" felt tip pens, they must be around here somewhere! :lol:
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

jfk

Post by jfk »

dionysus wrote:There is natural ink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ink
I didn't question this, that is why I suggested henna which is itself a reddish dye. Except henna is derived from a henna plant and has been used as natural hair/skin dye for >thousand years , just not sure about your average felt tip pen is all. Features highly in ingenuity poll tho!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL very ingenious indeed! :)

No idea about a possible natural way of dyeing hair. I'm not so sure about getting rid of grey hair though. After 2 years Wai I still have my greys, though it seems I haven't gotten more than I had. ;)
jfk

Post by jfk »

Oscar wrote: After 2 years Wai I still have my greys, though it seems I haven't gotten more than I had. ;)
Oh well, a few grey hairs make a person look quite distinguished...George Clooney, worshipped the world over for his sophisticated appeal - all in the greys I'm sure! :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nespresso, right? ;)
Larose

Post by Larose »

jfk wrote:
Some people use henna but long term it makes the hair dry out. It all sort of depends on the colour you are trying to achieve? If you are trying to prevent/cover grey hair apparently
No, I'm 25 yrs,I don't have a grey hair & my hair is red naturally. Now I want to change it to dark golden as it's more sutiable for me. Henna won't give me the required colour as my hair-dresser say :oops: , in addition ,as you say it may dry out my hair. I made some researchs about the Henna and I found that it doesn't cause any disease as it's natural. But as I'm a woman, I've to be concerned about my look. Henna won't give me what I want :oops: . so, should I let my hair-dresser colouring my hair by his own way and forget all about Cancer?
jfk

Post by jfk »

Larose wrote: No, I'm 25 yrs,I don't have a grey hair & my hair is red naturally. Now I want to change it to dark golden as it's more sutiable for me. Henna won't give me the required colour as my hair-dresser say
The required colour, is it a legal requirement? :wink:
Larose wrote: But as I'm a woman, I've to be concerned about my look.

According to whom? The healthier and happier you are the better you look; mainly because happy people just project warmth, people want to get close to you.
Larose wrote:should I let my hairdresser colouring my hair by his own way and forget all about Cancer?
Well I couldn't say either way if it causes cancer, I don't think anyone can for certain. I'm sure worrying about cancer doesn't contribute to a healthy well being, I do sympathise, I'm a big worrier and often I think my worrying causes me more problems than any ther illness ever could. The trouble is if you start dyeing your hair it is very difficult to stop. I have dark brown hair and I used to get it highlighted. When I wanted to stop it was a pretty slow painful wait. That is partly how the hair industry works; they make it hard to stop using their "expertise" and products once you begin. I would say seriously ask yourself if you really need it coloured? It is not grey as you say and I personally think red hair is very striking and attractive. How would it benefit your life? If you are looking for a change you could just get a good/different hair cut.

If you really want it coloured why not just put a couple of highlights in it, close to your natural colour, so it will be a bit of a change but not hard to stop.

One of my mother's friends dyed her hair for like 25 years and now she regrets not having enjoyed her own (beautiful) auburn hair colour.

Either way I'm sure you'll look/feel good, you're on the best diet in the Wurrrrrrrld!! :D
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Looking good is extremely important to woman because men lean highly towards looks as a barometer for mating (unlike women who lean highly towards social status).
Christina

Post by Christina »

I agree that looks are very important for women. I have a friend who has red hair and she had it blond for a few years and then dark brown for a few years. I'm not sure which looked best but she also had it straightened and it got very dry after the blond which led to her having to cut a lot of it. She used to have haire almost to the belly button. now it's to the shoulder blade.
If you are really unhappy with your hair then go get it coulored. If you get blond maybe it should be a strawberry blond which when you want to go natural again, you can slowly reduce the blonde by using highlights instead of all over color. You can mostlikely not grow it long when bleaching. It needs lots of trimming to stay healthy looking. I really doubt that you'll get cancer from dying your hair. There is lots of old old ladies who dye their hair. I have my natural hair color but if I didn't like it, I would color it. And I will once I have greys. I'm vain and not ashamed of it :P Diet and lifestyle makes you most beautiful though, not makeup etc., but with hair it's an exception in my opinion.