My skin is aging like crazy to fast help!

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
PepperPip
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My skin is aging like crazy to fast help!

Post by PepperPip »

in like 3 months my skin has lost allot of collagen and elasticity mostly on my cheeks and they are starting to get baggy and dull . I don't know what happened here are my guesses..

1. got a new boy friend who smokes and blows smoke around me and I sometimes inhale his smoke ,but I try to avoid it.Also he gets be high every time I see him and I guess marijuana is bad for your skin.

2. Experimented with several skin products excessively like skin peels and cleansers moisturizers and what not.

3. I am gaining allot of weight ,and my thyroid is to low.And I kinda stopped exercising.

4. I never go in the sun but I am in sunny areas more then usual and I don't were sunscreen because they all have bad aging ingredients in them and I am afraid to use them.

5.I started snorting my sleeping pill because it gets me to sleep better that way,and I cant sleep without it.

6.Started my A.d.d medication Adderall(mixed amphetamine salts) that speeds me up and makes me focus and be happy,but keeps me up at night sometimes and I cant sleep.And also causes high blood pressure witch effects me allot when I am on it.

7. I found out that to much sugar or glucose not mixed with fat or protein can cause really bad damage to your skin.And basically all I was eating was fruit in high doses with nothing else and drinking caffeine.

Maybe all of the caused it I don't know but I know for a fact that you cannot age that quickly that fast so something is wrong.

and one more tiny question I think snorting my sleeping pill is causing me brain damage because its not working properly is it?
Pepper
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Your unhealthy lifestyle is most likely causing your skin problems.

I would try and get off the uppers and downers if i was you.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Most drugs have adverse effects on skin tone and elasticity. Most drugs make the skin puffy, and subsequently baggy.
Angie

Post by Angie »

I'll second that, from direct experience. I had to start amytryptaline (for FMS), gained 10 lbs w/in a month, and have celulite where I've never had it before. I was on the lowest dose allowed, and all this still happened. Luckily summer is coming. The medications are a huge part of it for sure, for baggy bad skin.

Try to find natural alterntives to make you tired enough to sleep. Long walks, hot bath/sauna, then read a really good book, or listen to relaxing music. Dark room, ear plugs. As far as the daytime 'upper', most add people need that to function, but maybe you can out-exercise it. lol. Drink water, use some kind of sunscreen, even if it's mild or mostly oil-based. Even coconut oil has spf 2, wear a hat sometimes. I wouldn't avoid the sun completely, I think the sun gets a bad rap. Just don't let yourself tan too much or burn, wear a hat sometimes.

Two years ago I had the ideal 'model' figure, and great skin. This is what I did: 1 hr a day walk (or gym). 1 session weights each week. Cardio (eliptical trainer) at the gym 2/3x a week. Swimming whenever possible, and I did yoga in the steam-room for about an hour each week. That room had a neat-o cold water hose in it, and I would alternate heat and cold. Fresh air, exercise, steam/heat for cleansing, is the best combination I know of.

This was long before the Wai diet so I can't advise on that part of it. At the time I ate fruit/nuts in the morning, tomato/avacado/cream cheese sandwich with sprouted-grain bread for lunch, apples for snacks, dinner early in the evening was lots of salad, salmon and sometimes potatoes. I was eating almost wai without knowing it!

Hope this helps.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

i'll third that! i took progesterone short-term (to determine cause of absent menstruation) and 2 courses of antibiotics (for giardiasis) all in the past couple of months. i have gained 10 kilograms (22lbs) and my face aged a decade (luckily i still look younger than my age) and i have bad cellulite and acne for the first time in my life! but seriously what happend to the 'do no harm' clause in the hippocrates oath? i feel just as sick as 3 months ago!

anyway pepperpip i really hope you can make some changes and choices to feel better!!!! we're rooting for you!

angie also good luck to you and thanks for the very useful tips - i'll try to incorporate those :)
Angie

Post by Angie »

I forgot to mention that I sometimes used melatonin and St. John's Wort as natural sleep aids. It's not within the Wai philosophy which says the less chemicals, the better, but I think these are still better than perscription sleep aids. I need those sometimes now because I live with family who stays up later than I do. lol.
clementine

Post by clementine »

claireelis,
did you find out the cause of your absent periods? I also stopped having my periods about 2 years ago, I'm 21 years old right now, and went on the pill for it but it doesn't really help the underlying cause. I have always been healthy, except for the acne, so I'm not sure what the cause could be.... any ideas? (sorry to change the topic of this thread!)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Angie wrote:I forgot to mention that I sometimes used melatonin and St. John's Wort as natural sleep aids.
Taking these is not natural at all.
I think these are still better than perscription sleep aids. I need those sometimes now because I live with family who stays up later than I do. lol.
You dont NEED them. Get your room sound-isolated. Use ear-plugs.
Dont mess up your body.
Angie

Post by Angie »

Hi RRM,
Well yeah... my brother lives downstairs, types incssently until 3am. The ear plugs don't shut it out. My retired parents stay up until 12:30 am every night. They shower before bed. My mom then gets up at 7:30 or earlier. They all live on coffee, etc except me. Their room is on the top of mine, than my room, then my brother's room is directly underneath. We are planning to insulate my brother's ceiling but it will be several months. I also was diagnosed with fibromyalgia from a car accident. So yeah, I know they are not natural, but sometimes I can't sleep any other way. I exercise a lot which helps, and use ear plugs which leaves my ears aching all the time, and the smaller size ones don't work. When I lived on my own for seven years, I didn't have these sleep issues at all. I can't move out again until I find work, and the combination of a vision impairment, athsma, FMS, and a masters degree in art (despite the 4.4 gpa, honors) doesn't make for a very employable combination. Oh and I don't drive either, due to the vision, and we live just outside of town. If anyone met me they'd never know, I present well which may be my saving grace eventually. I don't want to cause problems, but sometimes people truly do have extenuating circumstances. I have stayed with the mostly-wai diet and really like it.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

hey clementine, sorry i forgot to answer your question!! shall we continue our discussion under 'general health issues > menstral cycle' http://www.acneboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=933