Walnut oil instead of Jojoba 4 crusty build-up on the scalp?

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
MariaLinn
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Walnut oil instead of Jojoba 4 crusty build-up on the scalp?

Post by MariaLinn »

Hey :)

I found this post below about exactly the same problem that I have; a sometimes crusty build-up on the scalp. And I too, as well as this person, has tried alot of useless stuff for the problem and this Jojoba oil seems to work for her so I am prepared to atleast try it. But I was wondering, I have a bottle of walnut oil that I daily use for my face would that work just as well as the Jojoba? Or is there some kind of special thing with Jojoba oil that is not present in walnut oil?

And also; is there any way to tell if the oil has gone bad in some way before the expire-date? I store mine correctly but it would be nice to know how to check the freshness, or can you just rely on that as long as it smells ok then its good?

The post:
I have had a crusty build up on my scalp for the longest time and I believe that this is now the cause of my hair loss. The pores on my scalp are clogged because of the sebum buildup on my scalp and its causing the blood flow to the hair follicle to be blocked so the follicle dies and falls out. I've tried using all sorts of shampoos containing salicylic acid, ketocanozole, coal tar, and many others claiming to be "purifying". They never seemed to remove the buildup and I think that they were just drying out my scalp and making my hair loss worse, especially the salicylic acid. I tried using apple cider vinegar but that didnt really do anything either. However, i finally found something that truly removes scalp buildup! JOJOBA OIL. omg for the first time in months I finally don't have crusty buildup all over my scalp. I've only been using it for 3 days but already the buildup is mostly gone and I'm waiting to see if it has an effect on my hair loss.

About an hour or two before I shower I apply a moderate amount (several tablespoons) of 100% pure jojoba oil to my scalp and let it sit. I also then put on a shower cap and then blow dry the outside of the shower cap to heat up the oil. Then I shower with a gentle shampoo and then just condition the ends of my hair.

The jojoba oil dissolves sebum buildup on the hair follicle/scalp so that it can be washed away in the shower. All those other shampoos like Nizoral just made my scalp itchy and my hair dry but now I'm finally seeing improvement in the health of my scalp!

GIVE JOJOBA OIL A TRY! It can be kinda hard to find, I just purchased it at my local health food store.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't know anything about jojoba oil, but how do you clean your hair/scalp at the moment?
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Ah, Jojoba seems to be just like any other oil but more effective when it comes to killing fungus - wich I dont really know if true thats why I wanted to use walnut. A fungus may be what I have on my shalp causing a bit of something looking like dandruff, fungus seems to be a pretty common thing in people having this problem, from what ive red.

Right now I just use a baby shampoo for allergics, very gentle to the skin, or atleast so it feels :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You could try a while without anything. In the beginning your scalp might be overcompensating, so your hair might get a bit oily, but this should change after a while.
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Thats great for the hair and scalp youre right. But since I use stylingproducts in my hair every day I feel like I want to wash them out everytime before I go to bed to have 'fresh' productfree hair when I wake up makes it easyer to style again.

But I know, just have to choose I guess? my vanity or my scalp-wellbeeing :oops: :lol:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hehe, I guess so. ;)
jay

Post by jay »

I've been using either olive oil or coconut oil to condition my hair for quite some time now. My scalp used to get really dry so I started putting one of those two oils in my hair for about 15-20 minutes before taking a shower, and then washing it out with shampoo. I think it keeps the oils from my head from being all washed away by the shampoo because my scalp stopped being so dry and my hair became less oily because it wasn't trying to overcompensate for all the oils being washed away. It also makes my hair more shiny.

As for figuring out if the oil has gone bad, I just smell it. You'll know. If I seem to smell even a slight hint of foulness, I play it safe and throw it out since oils are pretty cheap (at least relative to fancy hair products).

I might also recommend trying to avoid hair styling products with alcohol in them because that will also dry your hair and scalp out.

I may give this jojoba stuff a try to see how it feels relative to coconut and olive oils.
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Yes please do so! Would be very interesting to know if one can actually notice the difference when using different kinds of oils, since the jojoba is so very hyped up everywhere you read about it. My flakyness (seborrhea) is totally gone now, but its more likely because of accutane than using the oil so I cant really say if it does work but many people says it really does, my sister however still has major problems with this.

And thats definatly another big plus - the hair gets extremly shiny from oil conditioning 8)

Youre right about the nonalcohol products as well, I notice a huge difference, my scalp used to itch like hell when I used the alcohol stuff...