Stop Shampooing

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
AnnGrazjun
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Stop Shampooing

Post by AnnGrazjun »

Yes, you heard me right...stop shampooing. I stopped shampooing my hair a few months ago. I only rinse with water and brush my hair daily. When my hair get seriously nappy from chlorine (pool water) or sweat, I shampoo just the hair, not the scalp. Why you may ask? Because all this time I felt like shampoo was more damaging to my scalp than good. I admit, my scalp itched like crazy for the first month but it was worth it. Now my hair shines with natural oil luster and I don't get dandruff due to brushing. But BEST OF ALL, my head never itches anymore!!! :D TAKE THAT shampoo industry!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

8)
fictor

Post by fictor »

Many shampoos are packed with toxic and irritating chemicals. Many contains extreme drying ingredients, such as alcohol.

But, there also are mild, natural shampoos and soaps. These can cleanse your hair and scalp without drying or irritating. It is all I ever use.

Head and shoulders? No way!
Mr. PC

Re: Stop Shampooing

Post by Mr. PC »

I've been using (almost) nothing but baby shampoo for the past few months, but I get terrible dandruff. I'm pretty sure it's a fungus. Are there any alternatives to dandruff shampoos? My Dad's had the same issue and swears on Head and Shoulders, but I'd rather not touch it.

Edit - I have tried Selum Blue, http://www.drugs.com/mtm/selsun-blue.html extensively - which works in the short term, but the fungus always comes back. As a baby I had really bad cradle cap, so my mom says I'm naturally prone to it and must use Head and Shoulders for my entire life. I've gone the past week or so without washing my hair, but the dandruff / fungus is as bad as ever.

I've also seen a doctor who told me it was a fungus and to use Nizoral, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketoconazole, which I reacted badly to, and then the Selsum Blue, which worked only short term (I used it ever other day for multiple weeks, more than was instructed on the package).

Double Edit - My mom is now saying it looks like Seborrhea, rather than a fungus. I read that "Stress, fatigue, weather extremes, oily skin, infrequent shampoos or skin cleaning, use of lotions that contain alcohol, skin disorders (such as acne), or obesity may increase the risk." I don't use lotions and I'm underweight, but other than that these factors do apply to me.
panacea

Post by panacea »

just rub some virgin coconut oil on your scalp

the caprylic acid kills the dandruff fungus
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Should I first scrape all the dandruff off my scalp?
panacea

Post by panacea »

no
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ok, my mom's been telling me to scrape; what can I tell her is the reason not to?