Washing face - necessary?

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Washing face - necessary?

Post by Oscar »

You'd have to ask Mr PC, but to avoid confusion:
1. Is there a need for the body to remove dead skin cells in whichever manner? Yes.
2. Do we assist with this by wearing clothes and/or rubbing our skin? Yes.
3. Is there a need for us to actively assist with this by washing our face? No.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Do dead skin block pores and cause wrinkles?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No, dead skin cells get rubbed off.
Only mine dust and similar stuff can block your pores from the outside.
Pores normally can only get blocked by a too high water pressure in the true skin.
Wrinkles are caused by aging, and all factors that accelerate aging (skin dehydration, sunlight exposure, harsh chemical etc)
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

That's nice to hear as I am getting lazy to rub off dead skin. If one has a lot of dead skin, do you recommend exfoliating? I read that exfoliating removes healthy skin too.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Indeed, so we dont recommend it, at all.
If there are a lot of dead skin cells on your face, just wash your face with water.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Because no one talks like robots with technical accuracy, I wish they did, but the entire worlds population languages are outdated and horribly ineffective systems of communication (as opposed to mathematical language for example, which is universal, as our literary language should be also).

So to answer your intended question, people remove dead skin for aesthetic purposes. Of course, this can be more of a need for some people than others - imagine if you were a lawyer (we all know self image here is important), and the whole time you're making your case, you have white dead skin debri flaking off in between your eyebrows and on your forehead, because you didn't exfoliate that morning... Obviously, the jury could be distracted by something that's probably socially disgusting, you could lose the case, and someone innocent could go to jail for life... It's all just circumstances.

Kind of like if someone told you to eat a greasy cheeseburger for $100,000 if you were on Wai, doesn't matter if it's unhealthy then, because $100,000 is going to make you live a lot easier and healthier than being broke and stressing all the time, lol.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Is there a point in washing one's face with for example rose water, cucumber juice or mineral water due to the fact that most (or many) of us live in cities with polluted air?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Sure: minimizing contact with harsh chemicals, as they are present in soaps.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

RRM wrote:Indeed, so we dont recommend it, at all.
If there are a lot of dead skin cells on your face, just wash your face with water.
The dead skin won't drop off with water. It seems that I have to scratch at it for it to go off. What do you think of scratching away the dead skin with fingernails?
panacea

Post by panacea »

I exfoliate my face, it's only really necessary for me in the T shape section of my face. I do this about once every 2 days. Trust me it's not going to make your skin age enough to matter. If you want to prolong the life of your skin (everywhere), then just shower with very mild warm water or for optimal, cool water (and finish with cold water). I've never seen anything damage skin worse (no, not even soap, which is horrible too) than hot steamy showers.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote:What do you think of scratching away the dead skin with fingernails?
Not a good idea; your nails will go too deep.
All you need is a mild brushing effect.
You can use a towel, for example.
And, of course, you need to put fat on your skin afterwards.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

panacea wrote:I've never seen anything damage skin worse (no, not even soap, which is horrible too) than hot steamy showers.
Hot water only open up the pores faster, as long as you don't use any soap, it should be fine isn't it?
RRM wrote: You can use a towel, for example.
And, of course, you need to put fat on your skin afterwards.
Put fat? Olive oil? After eating salmon, your hands will be oily. Can I apply that oil?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote: Hot water only open up the pores faster, as long as you don't use any soap, it should be fine isn't it?
In my opinion, yes.
Put fat? Olive oil? After eating salmon, your hands will be oily. Can I apply that oil?
Man.... Your face will smell...