Hair treatment (for girls)

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
halfgaar
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Hair treatment (for girls)

Post by halfgaar »

Hi Wai people,

My girlfriend and I were just in the states and she noticed that her hair doesn't get as frizzy there. It might be because the water here, in North Netherlands, is very hard, i.e. has a lot of calcium. You notice this because here, soap washes off a lot easier.

With that in mind, are there specific hair treatments you can advice? She tried coconut oil, but she doesn't like it because it's too greasy. For shampoo, she uses the normal supermarket stuff now and I'm trying to get her to use something natural, but she says the shampoo's from the health store(s) don't work...

What to do?
Iris

Post by Iris »

She should really try to wash her hair with egg yolks. Really, it's way better then any commercial shampoo :) I get frizzy hair from comm shamp too, but when I wash it with yolks, it's very clean and soft, and it doesn't dry out my hair. I definitely recommend it! Make sure the water is not to warm though, as that will make the yolks gets "boiled", sort of speak.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Egg yolks, for sure.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Just egg yolks? Nothing more?

If I can get her to do that, I can persuade people to do anything :). But, I'll try.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yep, just egg yolks. :)
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

How often do you need to do that? Once a week and use plain water the rest of the time?

What about shampoo vs conditioner? Is something needed to condition?
Iris

Post by Iris »

I wash with yolks twice a week, but I think it's very personal what suits her :wink:
The rest of the week I don't let my hair get wet at all.

I don't use a conditioner either. No need to :)
gianni

Post by gianni »

I just used an egg yolk to wash my hair, and my hair feels really good! I had stopped using shampoo about 10 days ago because my hair was very soft, which is good, but it had no texture and was out of control. I wasn't going to "waste" a yolk on my hair, but then I remembered that I had an egg left that wasn't edible, and I used that one.

If it cleans your hair and skin, I am thinking that maybe when you eat them they clean your digestive tract!?

Betsy
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Well, when you eat them, they get digested by the enzymes and acids,
and as they are very easy to digest, they will not even remain partially intact.
So, i guess no cleaning here...
summerwave

hard water

Post by summerwave »

Once or twice per week, I use purchased distilled (demineralized; dH20, etc) water to rinse the mild shampoo from my hair.

You can buy it here in large jugs very cheaply. I suppose if used every day, it would leach minerals out of the hair/scalp (?), weakening hair. (I don't know).

If you cycle in and out of using it though, it should be fine. It works extremely well.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

It could very well be because of the minerals that her hair felt softer. I'll suggest it to her.

Isn't there another way of making the water softer? Can't you put something in it?
summerwave

water

Post by summerwave »

There are shower heads sold that are meant to filter out various things in water, like chlorine... I think f they filter out minerals they would become gummed up pretty quickly. Many people of course have water softeners installed in their homes if they have a well, but for travel, I still find that warming and using distilled water to lather and rinse works best.

If you use it occasionally to clear hard water residue, it the hard water's effects never really build up.
summerwave

portable water softener

Post by summerwave »

Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Have you tried using egg yolk as shampoo?
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

I use the left-over egg whites, and the occational lost egg-yolk, to wash my hair and also to shower. Works great! Nice also to use the egg-whites. Every day or every other day.