Dark circles under eyes

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
halfgaar
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Dark circles under eyes

Post by halfgaar »

Hi people,

I'm looking for some advice for getting rid of the dark/blue circles under my eyes. It's something I had my entire life, before and after Wai, and the raw diet doesn't seem to influence it.

I've read numerous things here on the forums about water retention of salts, proteins, toxins, etc, but I doubt that applies here, because the raw diet didn't affect it at all.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

In my experience it's related to (getting enough) sleep.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

That doesn't seem to be related in my case. People often tell me I look tired when I'm not.

It is something that runs in the family, so maybe it's just my fate.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If your energy management is good, then you'll never feel tired, but you could still lack sleep and/or feel sleepy at times.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

I'm not saying I don't ever feel tired, it's just that people comment saying that I look tired when I'm not.

But you're saying that you can still feel energetic when tired if you consume enough 'energy' (food)? How far does that go? Because if I'm really tired, I can eat all the food and sugar I want, I'll just fall asleep...

But anyway, some time back I slept like 10 hours a day and that didn't influence the bags under my eyes.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

halfgaar wrote:you can still feel energetic when tired if you consume enough 'energy' (food)? How far does that go?
Yes, you can if you keep the blood energy level up.
Of course, if you are too much tired, then you will fall asleep at some point anyway.
if I'm really tired, I can eat all the food and sugar I want, I'll just fall asleep...
Sure, but before it gets to that point,
you may still be lacking some sleep chronically.
some time back I slept like 10 hours a day and that didn't influence the bags under my eyes.
Ah, ok.
So, basically, you always have them?
Then its probably not a lack of sleep or an allergy symptom.
Those dark circles are localized water retention, which can be caused by a number of diseases,
but i guess you always had them, right?
(though they naturally get worse with age, due to fat loss).
Weightloss also contributes to the visibility, as its fat under your eyes that prevents it.
It may also be low levels of iron. How much fish and egg yolks do you consume?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Ah, ok.
So, basically, you always have them?
Then its probably not a lack of sleep or an allergy symptom.
Those dark circles are localized water retention, which can be caused by a number of diseases,
but i guess you always had them, right?
(though they naturally get worse with age, due to fat loss).
Weightloss also contributes to the visibility, as its fat under your eyes that prevents it.
It may also be low levels of iron. How much fish and egg yolks do you consume?
I eat about 3 egg yolks a day, but no fish. However, I don't think it's an iron deficiency, because I think I would have noticed by now.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

halfgaar wrote:But you're saying that you can still feel energetic when tired if you consume enough 'energy' (food)?
Actually I meant to say that you can still feel energetic when you lack sleep.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

halfgaar wrote: I eat about 3 egg yolks a day, but no fish.
For a man, thats very little...
Why dont you eat more?
And why no fish?
However, I don't think it's an iron deficiency, because I think I would have noticed by now.
How?
Dark circles under the eyes is one of the first symptoms.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Why dont you eat more?
And why no fish?
I also eat raw meat and raw cheese. I know the latter is not allowed in Wai, but my skin can handle it. But given the fact that I eat that, would you still recommend I eat more eggs?

As for fish, well, I don't really like it. I tried to eat it on a regular basis now and again, but I never stuck to it.
How?
Because I'm not excessively tired. And, as I said, it hasn't gotten better or worse with Wai, so that would mean I've had an iron deficiency my entire life, and I doubt that...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

halfgaar wrote:
Why dont you eat more?
And why no fish?
I also eat raw meat and raw cheese. I know the latter is not allowed in Wai, but my skin can handle it. But given the fact that I eat that, would you still recommend I eat more eggs?
Cheese is no help at all, as it contains very little iron.
What kind of meat do you eat?
And how much and how often?
As for fish, well, I don't really like it. I tried to eat it on a regular basis now and again, but I never stuck to it.
what kind of fish have you tried?
How?
Because I'm not excessively tired. And, as I said, it hasn't gotten better or worse with Wai, so that would mean I've had an iron deficiency my entire life, and I doubt that...
I understand, however, your iron levels may have always been relatively low. (though not deficient)
It would be interesting to see the effects of extra iron.
gianni

Re: Dark circles under eyes

Post by gianni »

halfgaar wrote:Hi people,

I'm looking for some advice for getting rid of the dark/blue circles under my eyes. It's something I had my entire life, before and after Wai, and the raw diet doesn't seem to influence it.

I've read numerous things here on the forums about water retention of salts, proteins, toxins, etc, but I doubt that applies here, because the raw diet didn't affect it at all.

Are you doing the sample wai diet?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

What kind of meat do you eat?
And how much and how often?
I eat beef, in several varieties. Lately, I eat it more than I'd like to, namely every day. I guess it's about 50-100g a day.
what kind of fish have you tried?
I tried raw tuna and dried or smoked (don't know) salmon.
I understand, however, your iron levels may have always been relatively low. (though not deficient)
It would be interesting to see the effects of extra iron.
I don't really think I've had low iron levels my entire life, but I'm wiling to operate under that assumption :)

How many eggs would you recommend? 5?

And I guess I should just eat fish...
Are you doing the sample wai diet?
No, I've changed my diet since I started with the sample. It's mostly raw, but I eat certain things that are not Wai, like raw cheese.
gianni

Post by gianni »

No, I've changed my diet since I started with the sample. It's mostly raw, but I eat certain things that are not Wai, like raw cheese.
The reason I asked if you were 100% wai is that I also have something similar to that under especially my left eye. I am hoping that the wai diet will help.
We'll see. I am trying to get into the mode of doing it with my whole heart 100%, the way RRM does it(I think?) and the way Gavriel so elegantly encourages.

Well, it's good that you keep looking for the answer, because it's more than just an appearance thing. That area of you face does indicate something is going on with your adrenals/kidneys, and clearing it up can affect not only your overall health, but also your vision and the condition of your skin.

I think it's interesting that health issues are very much reflected on the face! If the dark circles were on the soles of your feet you wouldn't give it a second thought.

Which side of your family does it run in, maternal or fraternal?

Is the raw cheese that you eat salt free? Raw cheese is maybe not so bad as pasteurized cheese, but it still can cause issues. I don't know if you eat any baked goods such as breads, but they aren't good for it either. If besides the dark circles under your eyes there is also puffiness, you may need to find something to get out whatever it is that is stopping the efficient removal of water and toxins. But drinking lots of water, the western way of accomplishing that, is actually not good for the kidneys.

Take care and keep searching!

Betsy
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

halfgaar wrote: I eat beef, in several varieties. Lately, I eat it more than I'd like to, namely every day. I guess it's about 50-100g a day.
ah, okay, then it cannot be the iron, as you said.
(both yolks and beef are high in iron)
Sorry for the confusion.
How many eggs would you recommend? 5?
If you did not consume meat,
yes, 5 minimally.
And I guess I should just eat fish...
No, im sorry, the combination of meat and yolks is good enough.
:)