Hair loss caused by nutrient deficiency?

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Hair loss caused by nutrient deficiency?

Post by RRM »

djkvan wrote:
Kasper wrote:I would say, first find out if you suffer from androgenic alopecia. And if this is true, you can try to lower DHT levels.
Wouldn't this be a hormonal issue?
Yes.
Acne often has a (often androgenic) hormonal factor as well.
Shouldn't 100% strict Wai be able to resolve this eventually?
No, the diet does not change your hormone metabolism.

@ MrPC; you can have your hormone levels checked to find out whether you actually have androgenic alopecia.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Most doctors can recognize it as well.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Does that involve a blood test? What's the easiest way to find out?

I just realized that zink question was pretty dumb, but sometimes things seem obvious and I find out I was totally incorrect, so I'd rather ask.

The side effects of having too low DHT don't really seem bad at all (once you've past puberty). Are there any side effects of DHT blockers suck as finasteride?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Actually I can just look up the drug side effects. I'll post them if anyone's interested.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Hmm "impotence (1.1% to 18.5%), abnormal ejaculation (7.2%), decreased ejaculatory volume (0.9% to 2.8%), abnormal sexual function (2.5%), gynecomastia (2.2%), erectile dysfunction (1.3%), ejaculation disorder (1.2%) and testicular pain. Resolution occurred in men who discontinued therapy with finasteride due to these side effects and in most men who continued therapy." http://www.drugs.com/sfx/propecia-side-effects.html

Seems pretty high risk. Although if you go onto forums for people who take it, they say side affects are mild, and transient.

If I'm really lucky I might not need to shave any more. I figure if I take a really low dose it couldn't hurt; although it might be expensive.

Finasteride seems to be generally safer, based on some mild internet searching.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Sorry to have 4 posts in a row. I'd really like to take Finasteride. It requires a prescription in Canada, and I'm afraid I might not have overly high DHT. I'd like to take it anyway though. What do you think would be the best way about getting this from a doctor? Should I take another angle like "my libido is too high" or something?

BTW, on the new forum, could we make the editing time of a post a little bit longer? I always go back to add things and it's just too late to make an edit.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Does that involve a blood test? What's the easiest way to find out?
You dont want the easiest way (saliva test), but the BEST (most reliable) way.
Go to your Dr, so that he can send you to a lab for the blood test.

You certainly should not self-medicate priorly.
Mr. PC wrote: I'm afraid I might not have overly high DHT. I'd like to take it anyway though.
Please cool down first.
Reconsider your thoughts.
First things first. First thing: the blood test.
Otherwise its always a if/or thing.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Kasper wrote:Low zinc levels are associated with hair loss.
I found this website:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Vitamins-and- ... &id=365850
I don't know if it's accurate.

Zinc is best absorbed if you ingest it with proteins. And not with carbohydrates.
Therefore, if you eat yolk, you should not eat orange juice at the same time, if you want maximal zinc absorption.
Beef is also a very good source of zinc.

Normally, male hair loss is caused through DHT, you can try natural DHT blockers.
Beta-sistosterol, GLA, Zinc, vitamin B6 and Iron are all involved in inhibiting DHT.

Beta-sistosterol is high in food with vegetable fat.
Such as avocado, olives and nuts.
The levels in the oil are lower than in the product itself.

GLA is a omega 6 fatty acid. It is produced by the body from LA.
Although, some people benifit from products with GLA. Such as hemp seed, primose oil.

Hemp seed is also high in beta-sistosterol, zinc and iron.
What would the side effects of having Hemp seeds be? Do you think I'd be better off with hemp seeds or a DHT blocking drug, since the drug should in theory only block DHT, whereas hemp seeds would do that as well as some other affects?

Do you think taking half a 25mg B6 supplement every day, plus upping the OO, avocados, and possibly taking a zink supplement, would be enough? Like is it practical to block significant amounts of DHT this way?

the RDA for B6 is 2.00mg , what negative effects would 12mg have?

What about something these?

http://www.add-hair.com/dht-blockers.htm

Appearance both Saw Palmetto and Lycopene are DHT blockers and have a 'synergetic' affect when combined.

I was also thinking pumpkin seed oil.

I like the idea of DHT blockers because I could maybe wax my face, and than not have facial hair grow back, or grow back significantly thinner.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

http://www.stophairloss.com/sodiumpotas.html

Apparently having too much potassium in conjunction with too little sodium can also cause hair-loss.

Recently I've been having 5 or more bananas a day, because they're cheap. It's very rare for me to eat anything high in salt, (as is the case of all wai dieters). do you think this could be it? Do I need to cut the bananas?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Do you think I'd be better off with hemp seeds or a DHT blocking drug... taking half a 25mg B6 supplement ...zink supplement
http://www.add-hair.com/dht-blockers.htm
I was also thinking pumpkin seed oil.
Please, please, please!
All this is useless, unless your DHT level is elevated.
So please have your DHT level checked first.
Then we can talk about the possibilities.
panacea

Post by panacea »

By the way - DHT blocking drugs!?? That won't work for your problem! You need DHT neutralizing creams on the scalp itself, to be applied during a shower or something so that it works there specifically. Drugs would target places you don't want! STAY AWAY from that at all costs!!!!

I don't see any tremendous harm using a mild DHT-neutralizing shampoo product, I'll refresh my memory later as to what is out there and post here then.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Could I put the DHT neutralizing cream on my face to get rid of my facial hair?

According to people who've tried it on the net, the drug seems to work. The thing is, even if I don't have androgenic alopecia, there are a few side effects of the drug which I want. My hair's not quite as thins as it was before, and I've been eating more avocados, OO, and having my yolks without sugar, and taking half a 25mg B6 vitamin. Dunno if that was co-incidence or not.
panacea

Post by panacea »

DHT is involved in causing baldness.. so DHT neutralizers would encourage hair growth because it would help prevent hair falling out for good.. so putting it on your face would be pretty pointless and counterproductive and probably harmful or something.

lots of people think all kinds of drugs 'work'. i dont know what you're talking about after that..
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

DHT shortens the grown phase of hair follicles on the scalp by binding to androgen receptors, but by binding to these receptors on the body/facial hair it encourages growth.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Did you have your DHT level checked yet?