egg white mask

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Cairidh
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

egg whites make a face mask

Post by Cairidh »

I just read a book about Princess Diana by her friend, she said they both used to use egg whites as a face mask - just whisk one with a fork, put it on the face, and then put cucumber slices on the eyes.

I googled and sure enough egg whites are a very popular face mask.

So you could use them for that instead of throwing them away.....or women could use them on other areas that need firming....

They're used for normal or oily skin, egg yolks are used for dry skin and to heal blemishes.

Egg whites plus a few drops of lemon juice is apparantly "great for getting rid of blackheads".

I haven't tried any of the above, but I find my diet changes my skin much more than any shop bought creams/masks I used to use. If I eat lots of avocados, or juice fast, or water fast my skin becomes soooooooo silky and soft. It's amazing. I used to think certain products made my skin very soft and they did but none ever came close to the above.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

You could also freeze the whites and then give them to a homeless shelter/food kitchen/animal sanctuary.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I feeze them but have yet to find anyone who would take them. :(
andyville

Post by andyville »

If you believe egg whites are bad for your diet, I can't believe how you would ever want to put it on your skin. I live by the motto of only using stuff on my skin/hair that I might as well eat - the body is just one big system you know. That's just me...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Actually egg whites aren't really bad for your diet, but they're kinda useless as far as nutrients are concerned, not to mention the taste and consistency when eaten raw... :?
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

avalon wrote:I feeze them but have yet to find anyone who would take them. :(
Avalon you are so environmentally conscious 8)

I use my egg whites for plants. Can't figure out if they like it though.

I still end up throwing a large amount away :cry:
avo

Post by avo »

Right now my family uses egg white when making breakfast, like omletes, scrambled eggs and whatnot. But I don't know what I'm going to do with them in a few weeks when I move away. :(
Fairy Prince

Egg Whites DO have nutritional value!!!

Post by Fairy Prince »

Oscar wrote:Actually egg whites aren't really bad for your diet, but they're kinda useless as far as nutrients are concerned, not to mention the taste and consistency when eaten raw... :?
Ever think that the whites have their purpose??? Did you know that all the animals in nature that eat eggs, eat both the white and the yolk? Couldn't it be possible that the white has its purpose and the whole egg offers a good balance?

Did you know that the whites contain:

80.8% of the total magnesium in an egg.
74.4% of the total potassium
87% of the total sodium
61.7% of the total riboflavin
89.7% of the total Niacin
38% of the total copper
30.8% of the total Manganese

(By eating just the yolks you are getting a higher ratio of calcium to magnesium which is not good)

Also, did you guys ever think that the whites have a good ratio of structured water, which makes them a good medium to encourage the proper digestion of all the rich fats in the yolk? The reason you guys are having heavy stomachs after eating your yolks with avocados is because it’s not natural to eat them that way!! It’s also not natural to be mixing them into OJ. The vitamin C combo with the iron in the yolks increases the absorption of the iron 6 times and causes iron free radical damage. This can cause increased chance of cirrhosis of the liver and also pancreatic cancer, and ultimately fast cellular aging.
avalon

Post by avalon »

This is an interesting issue for even Dr. Mercola who used to advocate 'NOT' consuming raw whole eggs because of the long term biotin defficiency potential has now changed his opinion and feels it is safe to eat the whites with the yolks- RAW.

For a while I was doing both. Sometimes yolks, sometimes whole, but generally just the yolks.

This has me thinking again. We should do some tests!!! Here we go!!!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Egg Whites DO have nutritional value!!!

Post by RRM »

Fairy Prince wrote:Ever think that the whites have their purpose???
Yes, indeed...
And what would that purpose be?
Just think; what IS an egg for, in nature? What its primary function?
For being consumed by animals, or for creating new life?
Eggs are not created in such a way that anaimals who eat them benefit. No, they are created so that the embryo survives best and is protected.
Not to suit 'predators'.
the whites have a good ratio of structured water, which makes them a good medium to encourage the proper digestion of all the rich fats in the yolk?
Water does not aid fat digestion.
The vitamin C combo with the iron in the yolks increases the absorption of the iron 6 times and causes iron free radical damage. This can cause increased chance of cirrhosis of the liver and also pancreatic cancer, and ultimately fast cellular aging.
No.
The body perfectly adjusts the absorption rates for vitamin C and iron.
The body is a very intelligent integrated system of feedback systems.
Fairy Prince

Post by Fairy Prince »

The body perfectly adjusts the absorption rates for vitamin C and iron.
The body is a very intelligent integrated system of feedback systems.
Could this be true of only unheated iron? Maybe the body can't adjust the absorption of iron from cooked foods and that is the reason that scientists are finding out that people have excess iron accumulations in their liver and ultimately believe iron is killing people. Most people eat red meat too, which is really high in iron and they cook it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Fairy Prince wrote:Could this be true of only unheated iron?
I think it has most to do with our body being accustomed to a diet lower in iron than the SAD, resulting in not being able to sufficiently decrease the iron absorption rate, in as much as consuming milk leads to an elevated ingestion of calcium.
... and ultimately believe iron is killing people.
Indeed, metals have pro-oxidative properties, so that elevated levels are harmful. www.3.waisays.com
Pisces

Post by Pisces »

Has anyone had the experience of wrinkles diminishing or disappearing?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I dont think so, as wrinkles are the effects of aging, and diet cannot reverse that. It can slow down aging (by eliminating the effects of retaining too much water), but not reverse it.
Pisces

Post by Pisces »

Thank you for answering my posts RRM.

:)

How long have you been on the diet? Would you say that you look younger? I did after only a few short days, mostly in my skin tone, which was wonderful.