Deodorant

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
sunwukong
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Deodorant

Post by sunwukong »

I have recently been using extra virgin coconut oil as food and also as a moisturiser after I read that bacteria on the skin can break the triglycerides in the coconut oil down into free fatty acids that have a strong antimicrobial effect.

I habitually use a crystal deodorant that has served me faithfully for over a decade, but after a particularly hot and humid day I noticed that I had absolutely no body odour at all. Curious, I referred back to my food diary to see what I had recently changed and long story short, hit upon the coconut connection.

Using what I knew about the action of coconut oil on the skin I then discontinued the use of the crystal deodorant in favour of plain extra virgin coconut oil rubbed into my underarms and it worked a treat.

Excited, I turned to the internet to see if anyone else had made this startling discovery and alas I found that I was not alone. It seems that many others have worked out this remedy for body odour long before me :o :D
The nature of monkey was... irrepressible!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow, thats very interesting!
sunwukong

Post by sunwukong »

After doing some reading I thought I had better follow this up with a caveat. Everyone has a different distribution of bacterial flora living in their armpit and this method will only work for someone with noisome bacterial that are not resistant to the free fatty acids produced.

I wonder why groups of bacteria are referred to as flora when it seems much more sensible to call them fauna.
The nature of monkey was... irrepressible!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

As usual classification is tricky. As far as I know bacteria are prokaryotes (meaning they lack cell membranes), are single cellular, and don't use oxygen. This means they're not animals, so "fauna" doesn't apply.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im trying it (as a deodorant), and it works for me so far! :)
Let me see what happens with time.
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

Coconut oil works for me. Olive oil doesn't work for me. 8)
abicahsoul

Smelly arm pits... Deo?

Post by abicahsoul »

I wonder about the best way to take care of bad smell under my arms, it waries from day to day. Some days it has started to become odourless, but yesterday and today: Goddamm.. not even I like to smell that.. :twisted: :lol: thai stone? or normal deo - or will that "spoil" the diet??
RRM
Administrator

Re: Smelly arm pits... Deo?

Post by RRM »

Lower protein intakes are associated with less body odours.
For me virgin coconut oil works perfectly.
Also, on this diet you will be more sensitive to such smells.
If i use a normal deo, it works only for a couple of hours,
and after that my armpits start to smell 'chemical' (worse than before).
Always consuming sufficient energy is also important, because when you dont,
extra adrenaline is secreted.
This hormone is also secreted when you are frightened. And as they say; 'one can smell fear'.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

I have high anxiety very often. And that's kind of a fear, perhaps that's also a reason. Now that this diet starts to work for me, so as to make me have a much heartier mood, and sleeping good, I am gonna try to work with relaxation more to see if I can get my anxiety to cease a bit. It is really a super big problem in my life that I need to deal with, because it causes so much tension in my muscles and a lot of unnecessary pain and stiffness.
I'll do the coconut oil thingy. If that doesn't help.. I try the thai stone..:D I guess also, since I used to drink A LOT OF TEA before everything in my body was more diluted, but now perhaps it is more concentrated. But perhaps also my body is still cleaning out? I mean I began this diet in a more serious way three weeks ago. Before and during christmas it was kind of interrupted by a lot of irresistable hmmm... dinnertables.. :P
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ah, okay, so lets wait it out...
WaiWay

Deodorant

Post by WaiWay »

What types of things do you guys use for deodorant? I don't like the chemical drug store bought stuff, and have been searching for natural stuff. I found an all natural "Burt's Bees" deodorant, but was thinking about something cheap, simple, and homemade!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Deodorant

Post by RRM »

WaiWay wrote:What types of things do you guys use for deodorant?
Before posting a question, please check the forums for threads that may already be there about the intended subject.