Makeup worries!

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Corinne
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Corinne »

Thanks for the 2 links Amber! :)
Do you order the ready made perfume oils or do you make the perfume yourself? Are you sure there's nothing else added to these perfume oils?
The hydrosols on the second site seem good. How long do they keep in your experience?
Thanks!
corinne
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

You're welcome, Corinne:)
They don't have a formal "ingredients" list on the Simplers site, but they do list all of the ingredients - it's just pure essential oils and pure organic Jojoba oil. On the bottle I'm holding right now for the Jasmine perfume it says "Contains: Authentic Jasmine absolute in organic Jojoba oil." The smell is heavenly :D

I'm not quite sure how long the hydrosols last, because I use them up so fast! ;) It probably takes about 3-4 weeks for me to use mine up, and I haven't had any spoilage problems - I don't refrigerate them.

~Amber
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Thanks!
sula58

Post by sula58 »

Hey ladies,

Maybe we could post some essential oil-perfume recipess? I am currently experimenting, but I'll try to have something up soon.

By the way, I see there was some mention of mineral makeup a few post back. I myself use Bare Escentuals bronzer, and for some reason believed the hype and thought on some level it was even good for my skin:

http://www.acneboard.com/AcneQandA/Forum2/000082.html

...but I'll be cutting back on using that stuff now. Oh well!
huntress

Post by huntress »

I have a 1L bottle of Tendre Laurier-rose pure essential oil from Lampe Berger which I use together with the diffuser and let it diffuse in my room for a night. By next morning, my hair, skin, clothes, bed sheet, paper, books... etc smells all rosey and flowery. :D

What is great is that the smell on your skin doesn't smell as dense and concentrated as regular perfumes do but just a subtle touch of scent that people around you will notice. Their pure essential oils are made from various blends of different individual essential oils that make up a great scent and some even smell like popular perfumes! Maybe you can use their 'recipe' and see if you like it or maybe even try one of their oils? The website http://www.LampeBerger.fr or .com if you're in the states, doesn't list the full ingredients but when I bought it 5 years ago, it came with a catalogue which listed the full ingredients as well as the benefits of every essential oil. It is originally an aromatherapy kit, but I also use it as perfume as well. Give it a try, I highly recommend it. :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

huntress wrote:...just a subtle touch of scent that people around you will notice
It might be too subtle for people on a standard diet... ;)
huntress

Post by huntress »

And on the contrary, people on the Wai diet may find it too strong perhaps? Since our senses are more acute now. :wink:

Well...my friends who are on the standard diet notice the smell and said that it wasn't so strong. So it's perfect!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear...indeed scents can easily be too strong now. :)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Yes, I have found this also. I can no longer tolerate any of my perfumes - they make me cough and my throat and eyes feel raw after I spray the fragrance anywhere near myself. And they are worth a fortune! I am planning to give them all to my mother (she is still a predominantly cooked-food eater, unfortunately, so the smells don't affect her so much).
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

I forgot to mention, I have also become more sensitive to people's (especially men's) pheremones (i.e. natural scent). My partner's smell is wonderful... :wink: (Even more wonderful than before.) And any 'fake' smells (like deodorant spray or cologne) on other men are absolutely unbearable. Elevators and trains are the worst!! See how we Waiians suffer in a cooked world full of fake smells!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Not to mention (bad) breath...foods, alcohol, etc...not good! :(
Marty

Day cream

Post by Marty »

I lived in Japan (Shiseido; other very expensive creams but all with kojic acids to fit the 'skin-whitening' craze of East Asia); Jakarta, Indonesia; Beijing, and while there, travelled to France a lot (Chanel, etc.).

I have never found a day cream at any price level that even approaches standards of acceptability--

In recent years, it seems the market's formulations have been flooded by not only 'whiteners' (harsh acids, for the most part, and bleaches), but also vitamin E and C and lots and lots of acids.

Not being a biochemist, I am mystified by even the remaining (possibly acceptable) ingredients which I could not begin to tell you about; I can only try day creams to find out empirically....

So I do not use makeup. If I go out to the opera in my fancy dress, now I just use the Chanel loose powder, as recommended, without a cream underneath.... There is not time in an evening for the grease of the face (sebum) to really do anything wrong to this.

I cannot really imagine what cream that is out there that Wai has found, herself.... It is mindboggling to try to find a formulation without any of the unacceptable ingredients. (And what are all these peptides and ceramides in these products anyway? :shock:
Marty

Makeup Remover

Post by Marty »

I could not find pointers (and do not have any places to start, myself) on makeup removers.

I would like to suggest one to my sister, who is now on this diet and wears a makeup that fits well with her skin and is not a problem.

What type of ingredients would one look for in an acceptable makeup remover? Wai mentions on the former incarnation of this board that rosewater or cucumber juice alone is not enough to remove makeup; a real makeup remover must be used for this.

Sometimes I am not able to remove the coconut oil very well, either; it is very occlusive. I do not wear makeup, however...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

With some dry paper towels, alternated with the use of warm water, you can get the oil from your face.
As for a makeup remover, its a matter of experimentation; use the one that feels most gentle/soft to your skin.
Marty

Makeup remover

Post by Marty »

Thank you.

I had a good one I used in Singapore when I was there; I don't remember what it was.

This diet -- and many other things in life--has made me give up makeup, really.