Makeup worries!

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Sarah
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Makeup worries!

Post by Sarah »

I know somewhere in the forum I saw something about wearing makeup, but I cant seem to find it anymore!?
I concerned about what makeup is ok to wear if any at all? I couldnt bare wearing nothing! Please respond soon, im concerned the stuff im wearing now is contributing negatively. :?
I havent been 100% with the diet yet, because I am still filling my head with all this info- Thank you Sarah
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello Sarah, welcome to the forum. :)

I guess it depends on how far you want to go. You could try to use products which have a low vitamin E and C content, don't (de)hydrate or irritate your skin too much, and don't contain lots of chemicals.

For further information and suggestions I leave you in the care of the female population of this forum. ;)
huntress

Post by huntress »

Hello Sarah, and welcome to the forum :D

I used to apply makeup but I stopped about 3 months ago since my face is now almost completely clear. Now, I use my one and only eyeshadow to apply as an eyeliner. Less is definitely more! :)

What products are using? I remember Wai said in the old forum that the more expensive the product, the better quality. I agree with her statement to some extend. This is because I found that some expensive makeup products like NARS contains quite some harsh chemicals in them.

I would recommend you to visit this website http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep2/. They have compiled almost all of the popular makeup lines and evaluated them on their safety level. And in that website, you will find that even some organic/natural products aren't safe to use. That website doesn't only evaluate beauty products but also skin/hair/oral care etc...

There is also this website: http://www.organicmakeupcompany.com/CA/ ... rganic.asp where they have compiled a list of harmful ingredients commonly used in makeup and skin products.

I hope that was helpful for you Sarah :wink:
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Thank you very much for the quick responses. I have been using various product over the years. Mostly cheap stuff like covergirl and maybeline, which all seem to make my acne worse. I would love to only wear eye makeup also. I will sure look into what to avoid in the meantime. Thankyou
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

For those of you women wanted to know further in what I have found, check this product out :) Using the link above I have found using Afterglow cosmetics is virtually harmless, has no hidden chemicals, no dyes, no preservatives and is not full of fillers that clog pores. It also does not contain any added vit C or E except for the lip products. Other than that its is a loose powder, that covers like a concealer. It almost seems to be too good to be true, I'll try it out and update with my results!
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Hello! The makeup that I've been using (when I wear it - only a couple times a week, really) is Anna Bellina. She only ships to the US. They have a wonderful mineral makeup. The ingredients: Silk and mica, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, silica, iron oxide. So they're all quite harmless, and offer a little sun protection, too. I've never broken out from wearing this powder. Anna Bellina has some great skincare, too - I just love it!(It can be pricey, but the ingredients are quite pure) It does advocate exfoliation, so it doesn't go along with Wai's principles, but I started to use it when I was off Wai's diet last time and it really helped me keep from getting new pimples, and helped any that did come along to heal a lot faster. Her body care is awesome, too. LOVE the Ginger Body Smoother. Ingredients:Complete *Charged Ingredients: oats, sugar crystals, dead sea salt crystals, avocado oil, kukui nut oil, corn meal, apricot kernel meal, lactic acid, fruit acids, honey, ginger, lemon, lime, bergamot essential oils. Yum!
The site is www.annabellina.com, and she offers samples for the mineral makeup that are $3.50 for the foundations, and $2.50 for the colors.

~Amber
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

The Afterglow makeup looks nice:D
sula58

Post by sula58 »

I personally do my makeup exactly as Wai (generously) explained, which works great:

http://www.acneboard.com/AcneQandA/Forum2/000011.html

The Chanel powder works great, but I usually only wear it at night. I also don't wear eye makeup--my lashes have gotten nice and thick!--unless I am going out clubbing or to an event.

As far as other beauty products go: I have given away most of my perfumes! And not because I wanted to! Unfortunately, even the expensive ones smell synthetic and cheap to me (and on me). But I love perfume, and I recently found a great website for natural, really good-smelling stuff: http://www.alittleolfactory.com/

I use the essential oils and blends and add them to walnut oil. They make great after-shower scented body oil. They're fun to make and feel very luxurious (I wish I had to take more showers. :))
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Sula - I know what you mean about the fake fragrances. Ick! I've been using absolutes/essential oils for about four years now, ever since I started eating organic foods and using natural body & house cleansers. All I can smell now are the chemicals! Probably my favorite thing is an organic Jasmine Perfume Oil (Organic Jasmine Essential Oil and Org. Jojoba Oil) by Simplers (www.simplers.com). So decadent! :D I love hydrosols, too - Neroli is one of my favorites, and a true Witch Hazel hydrosol is SO soothing - I love it. I get that one at another lovely site - www.naturesgift.com. I LOVE the world of natural scents! At one point I found a site with all these wonderful resin perfumes from Egypt, Morrocco, the Middle East, but I can't find it now :( I really want to find my fiance a scent that he loves that isn't those nasty "Axe" or "Bod" fake chemical scents...know of any good not too strong but manly ones? :)

~Amber
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well, this perfume has to smell great:

;)
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

ooh Jasmine was my favourite essential oil as well to use as perfume!
I always used to use essential oils instead of perfume.
I don't bother now.
Hopefully I smell of nothing now! :roll:
avalon

Post by avalon »

LOL Oscar! :lol:
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Tee-hee :lol:
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

No comments Oscar!
huntress

Post by huntress »

OOhhh... :D

The Oscar De La Renta perfume smells WONDERFUL! Too bad ever since I found out that most perfumes contain neurotoxins, it is now sitting in the box collecting dust.