foul breath

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
dandate2
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

foul breath

Post by dandate2 »

i stopped brushing and every few days ill have a buildup of a whitish goo (plaque?) and it smells like butt

is that ketosis or do i need to brush
abicahsoul

Re: foul breath

Post by abicahsoul »

I'd say you need to brush. ;)
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

well i haven't brushed my teeth in exactly 24 hours and its happening all over again. is this ketosis?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ketosis has nothing to do with not brushing. The white stuff is plaque. Brushing removes it.
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

is that whats getting the butt smell? i cant imagine how any raw food item could smell foul within 24 hours of consumption. which is why i wonder if its ketosis
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

well with bacteria and bacterial refuse it can and will..
however, from another thread (about how much you work, eat, drink) it sounds like you're also drinking and eating rather little of watery stuff? just a little OJ and just a little fruit, so I think maybe it also has to do with dry mouth, and driness coming from the throat.. I seem to notice my breath (and others) tend to smell worse if you don't drink enought liquid. Special case is going to a concert and standing in one of the front rows and it is very warm summer and you can't get any water except for that small container the security passes around.. or after or during a long dance session when you don't have enough to drink.. that affects the breath..
if you get one of those little tongue scrapers it will help a bit if you use it 2-3 times a day.. ;)
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

ok i brushed my teeth and am now realizing that my saliva itself is smelling like butt. what should i do?
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Gargel with saltwater... not crazy strong.. but try with an amount of salt you think ok, then afterwards gargle with normal water to avoid as much of the salt as possible to be swallowed.. tip your head back while gargeling, or is it gurgel? I dunno lol.. DO this a few times during the day as needed?
The best is to make the salt solution the same as body fluid.. like tears.. that's what they use for many purposes like cleaning wounds and flushing eyes etc..
but try ½-1 teaspoon for ½-1 glass of water..and see if you like it.

and make sure you drink regularly... it helps to keep the stuff in the throat nice and moist.. :)
panacea

Post by panacea »

like abicah said earlier, drink a lot more fluid, even if it has to be water, brush more often, don't smoke a lot, etc.. common sense things.

Also, I'm pretty sure what's causing the foul smell is just a lot of placque/tartar/bacteria, and your saliva is probably not diluted enough with water because you're probably chronically dehydrated (you can't 'feel' this if you are used to the amount of liquid you are getting, or if you got down to this point slowly)
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

well i tried drinking a lot more fluid and brushing daily with toothpaste and it still stinks!
dime

Post by dime »

Check whether flossing helps (in the morning and evening), could be food stuck some place you can't access with the toothbrush.