Tepezcohuite (mimosa tenuiflora) for curing burns

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
mario91
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Tepezcohuite (mimosa tenuiflora) for curing burns

Post by mario91 »

I started searched the web about it and I found a lot of information about this mexican plant, Tepezcohuite. It is said to have cured big burns, some even worse than mine (3rd degree, larger, etc), caused by gas explosions due to a big earthquake that took place in Mexico in 1984. Around 5000 people were heavily burned, and since the hospital didn't have enought supplies to heal them all, they started using this plant. And the results - the people who were treated with the plant healed the 2nd and 3rd degree burns in 7 to 10 days, and got no visible scars nor keloids. I can't remeber the sites I've read this, but just google it, you'll find it easily.

I would like to know your opinions about this... do you know something about this plant, have you had any experience with it? Do you think it's really what they say, a miracle burn healer, or just another bluff from the cosmethic industry to sell more creams and soaps?

PS: The plant is said to heal the burn wound leaving no scars, not a post-wound scar improver.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Tepezcohuite (mimosa tenuiflora) for curing burns

Post by RRM »

Researches induced (by the use of chemicals!!) burns in test animals,
and then compared the effects of tepezcohuile with that of a 2% mupirocin ointment, and with 0.9% saline.
No differences were found between the effects of the 3.
They concluded that tepezcohuite should not be used in humans, "due to the potentially hepatotoxic effects and low therapeutic efficacy of tepescohuite".
Palacios, C et al

But in another study, water extracts from the bark of Mimosa tenuiflora did stimulate fibroblast activity and proliferation in human skin cells.
Zippel, J. et al

So, in my opinion, it might very well help skin recovery.
Whether it will not leave any scars remains the question of course,
as in general, forced regeneration may be somewhat 'uncoordinated'.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Very interesting reply RRM! (as usual)

So, it seems to help healing wounds, just like other plants might do, but not really a miracle that's able, for instance, to heal large 3rd degree burns, right? I say miracle, since the skin by nature can't heal these by itself, they only close with a skin graft.

About your opinion that forced regeneration may be somewhat 'uncoordinated', I think that in big and deep burns this is a bit different from acne wounds and other small wounds. Essentially because a big and deep burn is a really serious wound, and it can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal (if 2nd degree, large 3rd degree's won't ever heal without skin graft) and the more time it's open, the more scarring it will leave, as explained here:

http://www.burnsurgery.org/Modules/Burn ... ect_IX.htm
"The biochemistry of the wound changes dramatically if it has not closed by 3 weeks or longer as would be the case of a healing deeper burn or a deep skin graft donor site."

So yeah I'm not saying some kind of forced regeneration will leave the wound perfect, scarless, but it will probably leave less scarring when the wound is big and deep.

And that was more what I was asking about tepezcohuite, if it could for instance make a large, deep 2nd degree burn, that would normally leave some keloid scarring, heal with no keloid scarring, just some wrinkles, pigmentation, etc! But it seems that it's not that miracle, just another plant with good wound healing properties, like many other, don't you think? And its results don't even seem exceed the results of the commonly used chemicals... Plus could be not safe for the liver... etc etc.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

mario91 wrote: it seems that it's not that miracle, just another plant with good wound healing properties, like many other, don't you think?
Exactly, in my opinion.