Soap and fungus

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
djkvan
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Soap and fungus

Post by djkvan »

Bath/hand soap kills bacteria but not fungus. If it did you could clear up athlete's foot by taking a bath. The floral balance that exists in the digestive tract also exists on the skin. Using soap disrupts this balance and can actually promote yeast/fungal infections of the skin.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Kasper

Re: Soap and fungus

Post by Kasper »

Soap isn't even that good in fighting bacteria directly.
The main reason that soap disrupt the bacteria balance on the skin is because it changes the ph balance.
Normal ph balance of skin is between 4.5 and 5.5. Soap is around 8-9.
This acid nature of the skin helps us fight bacteria.

On the other hand, fatty acid production in the skin is thought to be the main reason our skin becomes acid.
If you remove all the fat width soap, it is likely that fat production will increase afterwards and that will help making our skin acid again.

I was thinking that biotin could play a role here, as biotin plays a role in fat production, and therefore could play a role in the acidity of the skin.
Or you could maybe just rinse width orange juice after using soap :P Citric acid seems to have the right acid nature for the skin.
dime

Post by dime »

Coconut oil would be a perfect soap based on this? It doesn't affect the ph balance, it's antimicrobial, and it protects the skin.
panacea

Post by panacea »

nvm :)
Singingcrowsings

Post by Singingcrowsings »

I don't use soap on my body anymore. I find removing the dead skin with a shower puff (not too sharp), by scrubbing myself the way I would if I was using soap works well. I use coconut oil for my face and armpits. In the end, I don't need moisturizers. My natural sebum does the job just fine!

As for fungus, yeah, that you have to fight internally to have any real effect.