Calcium or vit D for teeth remineralisation?

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
sunpower9
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Calcium or vit D for teeth remineralisation?

Post by sunpower9 »

Is it calcium or vit D that helps reminerailsation of the teeth...? if citrus has damaged the enamel ??? :?: And whats with milk and calcium uptake how beneficial are all these cheese and dairy products if they are cooked and not raw fresh ?
sunpower9

Re: Calcium or vit D ?

Post by sunpower9 »

second question...seems everythings gone suddenly quiet here ? what happend :shock: anyways is the calcium level the same in an unfertilised & a fertilised egg or are there any marked differences ??? RRM :?: wai :?:
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

It may take one or two days before the mods are here.. ;)
It is weekend...
Well, I am no expert, but milk and cheese and dairy is not recommended on wai.
Based on a study that shows that in populations that eat a lot of dairy and have high bone density, occurrence of osteoporosis is also higher.
I suppose they kind of ruled out other reasons for this correlation (other lifestyle differences etc.)? Am I right RRM? That question have been haunting me..
I have no idea about fertilized eggs? You mean that they are on the way to become chickens? Aren't all eggs fertilized? I dont' understand the question.
Buy normal eggs. Or free range.. or ecological.
To avoid enamel damage, drink with a straw. Wash mouth with a sip of water after every fruit meal. Brush gently - not directly after meal.
We take up calcium and vit d in the food we're eating..

As far as I can tell the whole pasteurization thing with eggs seems to only be relevant for the US, and there it is on the label if it is. And pasteurization of eggs is not the same as if they are from pasture.. like pasture beef etc. - tricky.. sometimes I'm not sure if people see the difference.. :P
sunpower9

Post by sunpower9 »

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_hens_lay_unfertilized_eggs
http://www.angelfire.com/oh/ZebraDirectory/faq.html
i thought it was fine to eat eggs b4 only later did I think about the calcium content in a live fertilised egg or the absence of it...so im not quiet sure whether both have the same calcium content,the doubt is lingering on my mind so i thought its good to clear it up :)
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Well, I think the answer is: you can eat either way as far as calcium levels are concerned.
Because as I understand the recommendations on wai it is not that we don't need or should avoid anything with calcium, only point is that we don't need all that calcium that comes with eating dairy. That it might even be bad for our bone health in the long run to eat that much dairy.
But I think it is clear we still do need to replenish some calcium, question is... how much do we need? Do we actually have any recommendations to go by?
So I think you can go ahead to eat those eggs... I mean I guess it is natural and before industrial chicken farms it was the natural way.. They are possibly even better than those industrial eggs, since the fact that they are fertilized would mean they are raised in the backyard and might have better nutritional values..
But that's just guessing..
As long as you make sure they are not damaged, or half chicken already or gone bad.. I suppose all is fine. :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think Abicahsoul answered all questions. :)
sunpower9

Post by sunpower9 »

well i cant see it...:) or maybe u cant see wht i see...! though the dairy was bit understood...eggs..err...
RRM
Administrator

Re: Calcium or vit D for teeth remineralisation?

Post by RRM »

sunpower9 wrote:Is it calcium or vit D that helps reminerailsation of the teeth...? if citrus has damaged the enamel ???
Neither.
The lost enamel is not due to a lack of vitamin D or calcium.
The body tries to ingest as much calcium as required.
When you consume more, the absorption rate decreases.
As Abicahsoul wrote, you need to avoid enamel erosion.
how beneficial are all these cheese and dairy products if they are cooked and not raw fresh ?
Cheese and milk are very high in calcium.
In countries where most milk and cheese is consumed, eventual bone health in elderly is poorest.
! though the dairy was bit understood...eggs..err...
When we talk about dairy products, we generally dont mean eggs, but milk, cheese, yoghurt etc.
You can eat as many raw eggs as you like, as i wit will not cause you to consume too much calcium.
abicahsoul wrote: Based on a study that shows that in populations that eat a lot of dairy and have high bone density, occurrence of osteoporosis is also higher.
I suppose they kind of ruled out other reasons for this correlation (other lifestyle differences etc.)? Am I right RRM?
What study are you referring to?
we still do need to replenish some calcium, question is... how much do we need? Do we actually have any recommendations to go by?
We need just 200 to 400 mg, which is provided by any diet.
It has been shown that people can rapidly grow strong bones on any diet,
and maintain good bone health on any diet.
Only in countries where calcium intake is extremely high, bone health in elderly has become a big issue.
dictostelium

Post by dictostelium »

Hi Wai - I was on GUT whgen you were testing this idea out on us, and it's good to see you got published in Medical Hypotheses. Well done. I've been telling people about Calcium for - must be 5 or 6 years now - but it's so contrary to common culture that most just raise their eyebrows.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Whats GUT?