what 'kind' of water do you wash your hair with?

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
colorles
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

what 'kind' of water do you wash your hair with?

Post by colorles »

i really dislike washing my hair, mostly due to 'whatever' is in the water im kind 'forced' to use. granted i dont have to wash my hair often, but when i do, the feeling of having some sort of 'reaction' to whatevers in the water, from chlorine (ehghg, that stuff dries out my skin on my face horibly, the reaction and it even gives some sort of painful and unsightly redness, also damages my scalp and hair and the effects last for days at least, i had the misfortune of this damage before, and i wont let that happen again) to whatever else, is quite disdainful, im actually scared of it. so, what 'kind' of water do you wash your hair with? of moreso, what is the 'ideal' water for washing your hair without damaging it?
mario91

Re: what 'kind' of water do you wash your hair with?

Post by mario91 »

I've tried washing my hair with low mineral bottled water, spilling a 1.5 liter bottle over my head, but it wasn't enought to completely wash my hair.
Next time I'll try with someone spilling the water (and 5L instead of 1.5) so I can have both hands free to gently scrub.

Since then I've been washing my hair with tap water, and yes - it sucks. It dries my scalp and hair like hell, and worse - my 2nd degree burn all-scar-tissue face. I try not to touch my face with it, but it still gets irritated, probably cause of the steam.

I'm thinking of buying a shower filter, panacea already mentioned it here in the forum. Curious to see how good it will work ;)
panacea

Re: what 'kind' of water do you wash your hair with?

Post by panacea »

The shower filter really softens the tap water, most importantly removing 91% of the chlorine, which is what damages hair, skin, lungs, your whole body (especially if using hot enough water to cause steam). Using the shower filter, I barely have to use any shampoo, and don't have to use anything on the rest of my body as the water is soft enough to remove everything by itself. It also makes breathing in the shower much easier and pleasant. The only downside is that your fingertips will become wrinkly much faster with the shower filter, so you can't comfortably take very long showers, which you shouldn't be doing any way.

I will never be without one.

By the way, I have very thick medium hair, thicker than most girls, just not as long. For thin haired people or people with short hair you probably won't need any shampoo.