Fat soluble vitamins and teeth

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
overkees
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Fat soluble vitamins and teeth

Post by overkees »

Alright, I have been reading alot about fat soluble vitamins as I have developed two senstive teeth. I have been eating alot less calcium than I used to (I ate alot of dairy before wai) and I know it is unwai to consume milk and cheese. Reading the arguments I must agree with RRM on the RDA of calcium being skyhigh and unnatural and as the milk is meant for sucklings we shouldn't be drinking it.
However, my consumption of egg yolks has decreased from 12 to 6 for a few months (during winter). Because after a while I always got a sick feeling when I ate so many. Eating 6 never gives me a bad feeling. So I was getting a lot less fat soluble vitamins. In this time I only ate fish once a week. Now vitamin A was abundant, but during the dark winter months I wasn't gettin nearly enough vitamin D. I have started to consume mackerel 5 times a week now. Which contains alot of vitamin D. And feeling alot better and my teeth are restoring pretty fast again. I have also bought a hand water floss and highly recommend this, it's much more effective than normal flossing.

I also found out about vitamin K2. It is a special sort of vitamin K that is only found in animal foods: http://www.springboard4health.com/notebook/v_k2.html It plays a big role in the calcium deposition. And hasn't been given nearly enough attention by the media. It has also been called a potentiator for vitamin a and d http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9076 ... d_RVDocSum. Egg yolk is a big source of vitamin k2 and also grass fed butter seems to be a very big source of it.

Grass fed butter also seems to contain alot more vitamin a and d than normal butter and has an omega3 to omega6 ratio of 1:1. I know RRM said it's not according to strict wai rules, but I read of Gavriels post that it was the only wai munch food that did not cause the normal effects of consuming munch food. It only has <1% protein in it. It can be even warmed au bain marie to extract the oil from the protein. I like butter alot and find it awesome to combine it with meat and fish.

My diet now consists of only fruit and a tiny bit of olive oil during daytime (everything made with the slow juicer and there is a bit more fiber left than before) and only consuming protein and fat in the evening with the eventual glass of orange juice or pineapple juice (pineapple juice is sooo damn delicious with animal foods). I have noticed a much better mood and never feeling a lack of energy for two months. Even at times I was out of juice I could survive easily for 3 hours without it. No headaches anymore and my sleep is very good. I have reduced it to 7-8 hours a day and not sleeping on the ground anymore. I wake up by myself. Once every 2 weeks I sleep for 10 - 11 hours. But these bad days are getting less and less.
I think it's very good for your teeth to consume almost only protein and fat for a period of 12 hours including sleep. Because n your sleep you probably burn more fat than sugar, that's why my energy management is probably better than it was. I used to wake up with a very cranky mood and needed a sip of OJ right away.

I can imagine alot of people on wai are afraid of their teeth. Maybe it would be good to write an article about it sometime? If you people think it's a good idea I can maybe give it a shot in the future.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Fat soluble vitamins and teeth

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:my consumption of egg yolks has decreased from 12 to 6 for a few months (during winter). ...during the dark winter months I wasn't gettin nearly enough vitamin D.
How is that??
6 egg yolks already contain 222 IU vitamin D, whereas 200 is the RDA.
I also found out about vitamin K2.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1920
I can imagine alot of people on wai are afraid of their teeth. Maybe it would be good to write an article about it sometime? If you people think it's a good idea I can maybe give it a shot in the future.
Yes, thats a good idea.
fred

Re: Fat soluble vitamins and teeth

Post by fred »

Thank you to share your experience overkees. I would be interested to read your article about teeth. I also have some sensitive teeth because of enamel erosion. What are the advantages of water floss?

I have tried grassfed raw butter several times in the past and each time I ended up with pharyngitis and cold. The problem comes from the 1% or so of casein (and possibly lactose) that my body doesn't seem to know how to deal with. I guess viruses are helpful in this case to eliminate the foreign protein (hence the symptoms).

One crucial thing about health and in particular vitamin D is sun exposure. My body functions and feels much better when I have plenty of sunlight. I think I'll go forth to the tropics in winter.

I have a better energy and need less sleep since I pass my fruits through the slow juicer. Very good thing!