Special regime for teeth

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
DiF
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Special regime for teeth

Post by DiF »

My teeth are getting worse and worse. I brush them (without toothpaste) many times per day. Any suggestion?

[EDIT] These posts were split off from another thread[/EDIT]
overkees

Re: Special regime for teeth

Post by overkees »

Regarding brushing your teeth it's very bad to brush teeth after you eat. You can only brush your teeth in the morning and before you go to bed. You need to wait at least 1.5 hours after eating something acidic. Otherwise you scrape the protective layer away.

Your teeth are capable of restoring themselves by providing them with enough nutrients. Especially fat soluble vitamins that are in fish and yolks. I had 2 very senstive teeth and followed a special regimen and they restored completely. Vitamin D and Vitamin K are most important. Especially the vitamin K2 kind that is in egg yolks. Vitamin D is in fatty fish like salmon, but also mackerel, I'm sure you can buy it somewhere in a supermarket. Mackerel is a very cheap fish. Freeze it at home, or eat it the same day you buy the fresh one from the supermarket.
What also helps is rinsing your mouth with water after every meal.
fred

Post by fred »

overkees wrote: I had 2 very senstive teeth and followed a special regimen and they restored completely.
In addition to egg yolk and oily fish, can you elaborate on your special regimen to restore sensitive teeth ?
overkees

Post by overkees »

fred wrote:
overkees wrote: I had 2 very senstive teeth and followed a special regimen and they restored completely.
In addition to egg yolk and oily fish, can you elaborate on your special regimen to restore sensitive teeth ?
Okay, if you want to ban out holes in your teeth, sensitive teeth, erosion and messy gums then here is what you need to do:

Buy coconut oil to brush your mouth with, this kills off bacteria and creates a layer and is very good for bleeding gums. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21333271

Buy a sonic electric toothbrush with +30000 vibrations, this creates a flow of saliva and coconut oil in your mouth which reaches every place. http://www.animated-teeth.com/electric_ ... rushes.htm
Brush at a 45 degree angel pointing at your gums.
Brush very softly, you want to get the bacteria off, not to abrade your teeth
Brush every morning and evening
Always scrub your tongue till the white coating (dental plaque) is gone

Drink juice with added oil and with a straw

Always eat ripe fruit

Always have som fat after you have a fruit

Buy a via jet mouth irrigator, because a lot of bacteria get stuck between your gums and your teeth, this causes the gums to recess and even more bacteria can colonize at these places. This will rinse all the excessive bacteria away. https://www.oratec.net/product.asp?product_id=94

If you are not suspectible to acne i suggest you use a sea salt rinse. Wash your mouth for +1 min with seasalt, this will kill all the remaining bacteria and provides the perfect environment so that the bacteria can't repopulate your mouth too quickly.

Eat a lot of fat soluble vitamins, egg yolks are the best.

Good luck with restoring your teeth, this helped me cure all my dental problems and has given me whiter teeth. I believe I never have to go to the dentist ever again, but I will go once every 2 years to be sure.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

The via jet mouth irrigator, is that like the water thing that the dentist sprays into your mouth while cleaning it?

If I have cavities, will this kind of regime restore them? Or is it just for acid wear / sensitive teeth? I have 6 small cavities which will cost about $900 to fill in, but if this works then that's a better option.

I was also told by my dentist that drinking more water will increase saliva production, and that I should drink 6 - 8 glasses per day (I have Sjögren's and so do not produce enough saliva).
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

My dentist also demonstrated a method of brushing that is similar in my understanding to the Baits method.

Using the inside edge of your toothbrush (so the top of the brush for bottom teeth and bottom edge of brush for top teeth) place the bristles between the gum and the tooth, make a little circular motion to massage gums and flick toward the inside of your mouth, never bushing toward the gums, or side to side. Same procedure for the inside of teeth.

For the molars position the brush flat against the top of bottom teeth (or bottom of top teeth), and brush forward and backward.

I would recommend the M.I. Paste that a dentist gave me a while back, which re-calcifies your teeth, although my current dentist says my teeth may be too far gone for that stuff to be effective. She recommended for me Colgate PreviDent 5000 toothpaste.

The other thing to do is a daily fluoride rinse.

I also want to as about that pub med study you linked, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21333271

To clarify, the fatty acids kill bacteria in your mouth (it has nothing to do with ingesting the fats, just that fats somehow kill mouth bacteria. Also, nothing to do with re-mineralization). So OO in orange juice would help in this regard? How about eating coconut oil after taking sips?
Kasper

Xylithol for tooth health

Post by Kasper »

I've been studying xylithol for the last couple of days.
This is an intresting study regarding xylithol and candida:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21154745

This website show quite some amazing results regarding tooth health.
http://www.healingteethnaturally.com/ri ... -successes

It claims xylithol helps width:
- Periodontal disease/periodontitis/gingivitis:
- Caries and new tooth decay
- Dental plaque
- prevents acid production in dental plaque
- Tooth neck sensitivity
- tongue coating
-Breath (morning breath and bad breath in general)
- Formation of calculus (tartar)
- Inflammation following dental implant surgery
- inhibits and eventually destroys cariogenic Streptococcus mutans

Xylithol occurs naturally in fruit, but I think higher dosage are needed for many people to get such results.
There is even a chewing gum (Xilifresh) on the market which only uses xylithol as sweetener.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Do you think the gum, if chewed directly after eating, could be abrasive?

Xylitol In a study where humans had a monthly average of 1.5 kg of xylitol and a maximum daily intake of 430 g there are no apparent side effects.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/783060

It's laxative because sugar alcohols aren't fully broken down with digestion

In one study of 13 children, four experienced diarrhea when consuming over 65 grams per day. Studies have reported adaptation occurs after several weeks of consumption.
Wang, Yeu-Ming; van Eys, Jan (1981). "Nutritional significance of fructose and sugar alcohols". Annual Review of Nutrition 1: 437–75. (found on wikipedia)

The two studies are contradicting, but the second one only uses 13 kids, so there very likely could have been some other factor giving the 4 diarrhea.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

I agree with brushing only twice a day (once upon rising before first meal, once before bed min 1.5 hours after last acidic meal). Something interesting that I discovered upon returning to Wai is that when I have yolks - a food that I don't tolerate, but can eat without much risk - I develop soft plaque on my teeth at the gum line and a bad film on my tongue. The dental plaque is quite smelly, the tongue coating persists even with scraping. When I stick to sashimi, there is virtually no accumulation of plaque on my teeth and a minimal coating on my tongue. This is something that I have observed over the course of days, not just one day.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The best regimen for keeping your teeth healthy, is intermittent fasting (Wai Warrior).
No eating / drinking = no enamel erosion.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

djkvan wrote:Something interesting that I discovered upon returning to Wai is that when I have yolks - a food that I don't tolerate, but can eat without much risk - I develop soft plaque on my teeth at the gum line and a bad film on my tongue. The dental plaque is quite smelly, the tongue coating persists even with scraping.
I think it is best to brush teeth after eating yolks, whether it be cooked or raw yolks.
From my experience eating cooked yolks, and then consuming pasteurized acidic orange juice, a soft plaque and smelly film develop on the teeth and tongue.
However,
When I just drank juice with clean teeth, the left-over taste in the mouth is acidic but no plaque or film.
When I just eat raw yolks plain with clean teeth, the left-over taste in the mouth is slimy but no plaque or film.

I have not tried it out for raw yolk, followed with orange juice, but I think the effects will be the same, I think plaque will follow after yolk and orange juice, because I think meat-ish stuff with sugary stuff will create the plaque. And for fish I think it does not do that because fish does not leave left-over food items in the mouth.

I agree too with brushing 1.5 hours after last acidic meal.
balbazor

Post by balbazor »

Hi,

I brush my teeth with about 3% Hydrogen peroxide, and can Highly recommend it! I have done this for about 10 years now, and have not been to the dentist, so i think i know what i am talking about. Sometimes i also brush with saltwater afterwards. The bad guys in your mouth dont like either of this.

MAKE SURE NOT TO SWALLOW ANY H2O2!!