itchy skin

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

itchy skin

Post by nick »

Ever since winter and the colder temperatures, the skin on my back and shoulders gets extremely itchy.

I'll get 'itch' attacks while at work, and only at work, and its all over my upper body, mostly my back, chest and face and hair. Sometimes its so bad that I can feel my head getting lighter, like I could pass out. This has never happened before.

Am I missing a nutrient? I now put coconut oil over my upper body twice a day, as this helps somewhat. Its almost like my skin is allergic to the cold. Sometime unbearable.
RRM
Administrator

Re: itchy skin

Post by RRM »

The calculator can tell whether you are missing out on a nutrient.
Are you consuming enough fat? Are you loosing weight? Maybe the air is too dry there?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sometimes I get itchy skin, or itches, when I wear (partly) synthetic clothes. I'm not sure why, but maybe because of the static electricity. Usually I wear cotton clothes or clothes with a minimal amount of synthetic fiber.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its also true that with this diet you become more sensitive to anything unnatural / harmful / irritating.
nick

Post by nick »

The itchyness began when it got colder, so I that is probably the cause. However, it is getting better. Perhaps I need to eat more avocado's as since I don't eat much of them sometimes.

When I bend over to pick something up, I can feel the skin on my back cracking and burning then itching. Hmmm.

RRM, the nutrient calculator link is dead..

Thanks
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

I also notice that my skin is itchier in winter than in summer. Not anything near the intensity you seem to be experiencing but still...Could be the cold but could also be the heating. It's hot/dry inside and cold/dry or cold/humid outside (depending on where you live!). Also there is a bigger temperature difference between indoors and out than in summer. These things could effect your skin. Mine has definitly gotten drier over the last weeks (diet same)and I need to use coconut oil once a day.
Also like Oscar, I react (itch) to synthetic fibre in clothes.
Hope it passes!
"You cannot do something you don't know IF you keep on doing what you know"
F.M. Alexander
nick

Post by nick »

Thankfully those itch attacks have disappeared. I'm sure it was the cold weather, but I seem to be adjusting to it. It is less and less of a problem, but my back is the dryest.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Oscar wrote:Sometimes I get itchy skin, or itches, when I wear (partly) synthetic clothes. I'm not sure why, but maybe because of the static electricity. Usually I wear cotton clothes or clothes with a minimal amount of synthetic fiber.
How does static electricity cause itchy skin?