New Member here, I need Clarification on application of Oil

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
GuardianHunter93
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

New Member here, I need Clarification on application of Oil

Post by GuardianHunter93 »

Hi this is my first post, I had a few questions about how to apply oil to facial skin if you don't mind me asking.

I already know you cannot cure acne from outside in, only inside out.
With that being said,

As of now, I eat a crappy lazy paleo diet, but I'm slowly converting. I don't really have a lot of acne, but I get maybe 5 pimples a week that come and go, I use manuka essential oil on them and it make them go away at night.
for the past year I've been misting my face with a rose hydrosol then applying a thin layer of Shea butter, it doesn't seem to be extremely effective the way I had hoped. It keeps my skin looking nice for a few hours, then its dry again. A few days ago I started making a cocoa butter face lotion, using raw cocoa butter, emulsifying wax(mixing h20 +oil), & distilled water but the moment I apply it to my skin, it provides a cooling sensation then my skin absorbs it, in a matter of seconds. So I don't think I'll use it on my face anymore, maybe just body only.

I've for the longest been trying to wrap my mind around the concept of not using homemade moisturizer

I've been doing the sandwich technique taught by evan healy below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saV88xNzLzU

mist hydrosol
apply oil
mist face again

If possible can someone explain to me why we would be applying oil to skin that is not Wet or Damp? Basically dry skin?
I was reading other post, someone mentioned it helps to mist face a little then apply oil, that's what I've been doing, but wouldn't the water even if it's distilled water, wouldn't it dry your skin out in the long run because the true skin sucks it up? Please clarify. :?:

So to clarify everything, please correct my new skincare regime
Here it is below

~use wet washcloth to remove dead skin cells everyone once in awhile
~wash face with rose water or distilled water?
~once a day apply a thin layer of coconut oil to Dry skin?
~Manuka essential oil(its Tea tree oil's big brother) for spot treatment?

Thank you to anyone who takes time and answers my post, I appreciate it. This has been a very huge dilemma for me. :lol:
Iris

Re: New Member here, I need Clarification on application of

Post by Iris »

You don't have to wet your face with water at all. Water dries out your skin, and it doesn't add anything. So just clean your face with rose water on a cloth, then apply oil to your face. You could mix a few drops of water with the oil in your hands and then apply but that certainly isn't necessary.

Why are you using shea butter and cocoa butter? This is not recommended on this diet. Just simply use olive oil or coconut oil, that's all you need regarding oil. The first is better for extremely dry skin (or at least MY extremely dry skin which I have occasionally, for you it might be different so you'd have to try).
GuardianHunter93

Thank you for responding.

So after I clean my face with rosewater with a cloth. Do I pat dry my skin? Then apply it because if I don't, my skin would be damp. Okay great to know water dries out the skin, I was wondering why after I would spray my rose water on my face then apply oil, the next day my skin would looked somewhat cracked.

I was using Shea butter and cocoa butter on my skin, not eating it at all. I don't know if shea butter is high in vitamin e at all, but I know the African woman mostly all have youthful skin, and hardly no wrinkles because they use Shea butter. I started using cocoa butter because of it's low vitamin e content. I was thinking of mixing it with coconut oil. Coconut oil mixed with water seems to always break me out like it pushes the impurities out my skin and continues to purge. Plant butters don't usually break me out, thats why I was wondering about the application of oil.

The only oil I cook with is coconut oil. Do you order a special or certain brand of olive oil for your skin, so it doesn't break you out? I remember reading about it's vitamin e content. I have unrefined gold label coconut oil from tropical traditions & I have mechanical refined coconut oil, which one should I be using on the face?
Iris

Post by Iris »

GuardianHunter93 wrote:Thank you for responding.

So after I clean my face with rosewater with a cloth. Do I pat dry my skin? Then apply it because if I don't, my skin would be damp. Okay great to know water dries out the skin, I was wondering why after I would spray my rose water on my face then apply oil, the next day my skin would looked somewhat cracked.
It doesn't matter, what feels good to you. Both are fine.
I was using Shea butter and cocoa butter on my skin, not eating it at all.
I didn't say you eat it. As far as I know it's not recommended for skin use either. What IS recommended for application to the skin is olive oil or coconut oil, as these are low vit. E oils that protect the skin from drying out perfectly.
I don't know if shea butter is high in vitamin e at all, but I know the African woman mostly all have youthful skin, and hardly no wrinkles because they use Shea butter.

What makes you think the youthful skin is caused by shea butter? I wouldn't know if many african woman use it (RRM? :mrgreen: ) but even if they do (very unlikely, that are MANY people) that doesn't mean the shea butter is causing them to have few wrinkles. On this diet people have youthful skin and they don't use it. Go figure :P Youthful skin is about preventing dehydration and eating the right foods. That is what this diet is all about (clear skin it's the reason RRM & co came up with this in the first place)
Furthermore, shea butter not really helping your skin now, is it? :wink:
I started using cocoa butter because of it's low vitamin e content. I was thinking of mixing it with coconut oil. Coconut oil mixed with water seems to always break me out like it pushes the impurities out my skin and continues to purge. Plant butters don't usually break me out, thats why I was wondering about the application of oil.
I don't think the oil is causing you to break out, but probably your diet. But not sure here. Others?
The only oil I cook with is coconut oil. Do you order a special or certain brand of olive oil for your skin, so it doesn't break you out? I remember reading about it's vitamin e content. I have unrefined gold label coconut oil from tropical traditions & I have mechanical refined coconut oil, which one should I be using on the face?
No, no special oil.
Personally I'd chose the UNrefined, as I wouldn't like refined oil to be absorbed by my skin. In fact, I wouldn't recommend refined oil AT ALL for ANYTHING.
GuardianHunter93

Great, that answers all my questions.

Thank you Iris, for your input.
Iris

Post by Iris »

I have one more thing to add; you don't have to use the manuka oil. When you follow this diet correctly you skin will clear up over time. Tea tree oil is very aggressive to your skin, I would definitely not use that!
GuardianHunter93

sorry for late reply. Okay Thanks for telling me, but how are tea tree oil & the manuka oil aggressive? I know they are related, but I don't know what it is about them that makes them aggressive. Is it the vitamin E content? I'm so glad I found this forum, I used to use nothing but dead sea mud mask but I quit all the salt products. It's so freeing to not much of anything to my face.
Iris

Post by Iris »

I don't know about manuka oil but TTO can cause several skin reactions like rashes, blisters and dryness. It is also known to have hormone disrupting qualities (especially in men) and it could cause allergies.

Anti-bacterial properties of oils etc are usually a sign it's not very good for you. Exception to this is coconut oil. So besides the low vit. E content it has anti bacterial properties too without being harmful, and it protects the skin from drying out.