Pale Skin

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Novidez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Pale Skin

Post by Novidez »

It's something that bothers me, specially when all the people asks me if I am sick. And since I always have dark circles under eyes and I am skinny, pale skin is more noticeable. Is there a specific reason for this? I mean, I think my skin is naturally this way, but I can say that I had times in the past that it was more 'alive'... (I'm asking this now, but I began to have paler skin when I changed my eating habits, ie, even before starting to go Wai. Just wondering what could be the reason)
RRM
Administrator

Re: Pale Skin

Post by RRM »

On this diet your skin will look more alive.
You may enhance that effect by increasing the intake of carotenes.
The most effective way is by drinking a lot of mandarin/tangerine juice, or mango juice (or carrot juice),
or by eating apricots.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:The most effective way is by drinking a lot of mandarin/tangerine juice, or mango juice (or carrot juice),
or by eating apricots.
OJ also has some carotenes, right? I used to eat raw carrots before starting Wai. However I stopped because it's not part of the diet, or am I wrong? I have been eating some Mangos, but the whole fruit. How can I make juice from mangos/carrots? I mean, you already know how my overpower juice machine is ahah. However, I do have a hand blender...
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

(...later that day...)

Damn, doing carrot juice is harder than I thought. That moment when I thought the fiber from an orange was a problem, jesus christ! I had to put some water in it... Don't know about this idea of doing mango/carrot juice ;D . Maybe I should get a nut milk bag or something like that first to strain it properly, because using a simple strainer doesn't work quite well :roll: . Praise OJ!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Novidez wrote:doing carrot juice is harder than I thought.
With a juice extractor it is easy. http://www.waitalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=99
You can also just buy the juice.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:I recently bough a masticating juicer, the "Hurom Slow Juicer",
which is sold in the Netherlands under the name "Versapers".
Versapers.jpg
Oh man.... :shock:
Mango juice... :roll:
Seedless grapes-juice...
Muskmelon with banana-juice...
they are all soooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!! 8)
Damn, reading what you have said there made me kinda jealous. I actually see a lot of these juice extractors on the stores, but they are all >90€. I have to analyze it well and see what is the best to buy... Also, the great juice maker that I have is starting to "tickle" my fingers.

But, then, you have a Santos 10 and Juice Extractor? Doesn't the juice extractor also work to make OJ?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You'd have to peel all the oranges...
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Oscar wrote:You'd have to peel all the oranges...
I have actually thought about that on the other day when I was seeing some juicers, and yeah, although not impossible, it would be "a little" embarrassing ;D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

That is why i have both... (citrus press and juice extractor)
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:That is why i have both... (citrus press and juice extractor)
aahhhh!, lend me some money xD

Back to the reason I opened this thread, my skin is gradually becoming more alive, smoother, softer and shinier. But this is not only on the skin of my face, but also on the skin of my whole body :D
Btw, I'm having less black spots on my face and even my opened pores are closing, but only the smaller ones. My face was always, I could say, ugly regarding opened pores and black spots (not to mention, of course, that on my puberty I had tons of acne. On my face and also on my back too. My back seemed like a minefield of acne lol).
Is it possible to completely close pores like these?
I also have some black spots on my arms, glutes and chest sometimes. Could they possible disappear completely too? (I mean, seriously, for instance my ass always had this rough, harsh skin and now it seems that I almost have baby skin. So I'm hoping, that's possible.. :roll: )
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, your skin will inevitably become smoother.
I used to have an 'elephant's skin' on my back; a very thick minefield, rough, hard and strong (i could not even get bruised when struck really hard with a stick). Now its incredibly soft, flexible, smooth and sensitive (i can cause a bruise by pinching it). I'm not exaggerating.
The black spots will all go away. Really.
Yes, the big pores will go away as well. It takes a little time, because your skin is still adapted to the old conditions. It takes about 3 months to fully get the new look.
chris75001

Post by chris75001 »

Honestly, I have said several times on this forum Novidez, do not hesitate to invest in a juicer and citrus press for oranges. But not in a cheap extractor
The market is adapted, now it is fashionable in the cold fresh juice.

So you'll find juicer (today) between 90 and 200 euros.

My advice, buy a juicer at least 300 euros and above only the Versapers brand, or Hurom Oscar, Omega, there is also the Kuvings if you're the lazy kinds;)

Compared to other people who will do a juice once a month it is useless, but for you, who would drink the juice every day is a great investment.
For oranges, citrus press you very well from 40 euros

I bought my versapers in 2011, I use it every day, I took in 3 different countries and it still works fine.

I even sold juice cures for a little pocket money or I pressed 15 liters per day at a time
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

chris75001 wrote:Honestly, I have said several times on this forum Novidez, do not hesitate to invest in a juicer and citrus press for oranges. But not in a cheap extractor
The market is adapted, now it is fashionable in the cold fresh juice.

So you'll find juicer (today) between 90 and 200 euros.

My advice, buy a juicer at least 300 euros and above only the Versapers brand, or Hurom Oscar, Omega, there is also the Kuvings if you're the lazy kinds;)

Compared to other people who will do a juice once a month it is useless, but for you, who would drink the juice every day is a great investment.
For oranges, citrus press you very well from 40 euros

I bought my versapers in 2011, I use it every day, I took in 3 different countries and it still works fine.

I even sold juice cures for a little pocket money or I pressed 15 liters per day at a time
I completely agree with you and I'm planning to buy a both Citrus Press and a Juicer Extractor. It's that I am not hesitating... One reason that I didn't buy at least one of those yet is because of money issues (I have been trying to save week after week). I am still not independent, so I still don't earn my own money. And the other major reason is the moment I decide to buy one of those machines (with my parent's money) I'm telling to them that I am here to stay. For now, they think I am experimenting/joking/playing with oranges. They think I'm going to get tired, sick and that I will give up sooner or later (The funny thing is the more OJ I do and more I drink, specially, when I think about drinking it after arriving home, the more I want it everyday ;D ). Making that next step can trigger some issues with them, which I don't want...

The first thing I will buy is the Citrus Press for sure (because it can be cheaper also).
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:Now its incredibly soft, flexible, smooth and sensitive (i can cause a bruise by pinching it). I'm not exaggerating.
I am starting to understand you! ;D
The black spots will all go away. Really.
Yes, the big pores will go away as well. It takes a little time, because your skin is still adapted to the old conditions. It takes about 3 months to fully get the new look.
They are slowly going away. Just have to be patient :)
Another interesting thing is that my neck used to be rough because of some white spots (I don't know how to describe them). But now they have completely disappeared. I never had my neck so smooth and the rest of the body aswell, of course!

Btw, I went from white pale to yellow pale. My skin has more color indeed, but I think it is a little yellow right now. For example:
http://www.nejm.org/na101/home/literatu ... 780_f1.gif
Before, my hands were like the left one. Now they are like the right one. My fingertips aren't that red also, they have this orange/yellow color. Also below my feet, they are yellow too...
RRM, you seem to ingest lots of OJ, if I am not mistake. Did you have your hands like this in the picture any time? Do you think that having so much Vitamin A everyday can cause this color in our skins (always over 7,000 µg everyday)?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Novidez wrote:RRM, you seem to ingest lots of OJ, if I am not mistake. Did you have your hands like this in the picture any time?
I dont think so, but it is hard to tell from a picture, as the colour in a picture may appear very different depending on multiple photographic factors.
Do you think that having so much Vitamin A everyday can cause this color in our skins (always over 7,000 µg everyday)?
It is not vitamin A, but pro-vitamin A, which is an essential difference.
Vitamin A is readily toxic in very high doses, but not pro-vitamin A (beta-carotene).
Yes, it is a well known effect of carotenes.
What do you eat to get over 7000 mcg/day? Carrot juice?