Chlorinated Pools and Sea Water - Potential harm to our skin

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Novidez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Chlorinated Pools and Sea Water - Potential harm to our skin

Post by Novidez »

How harmful is chlorine on the swimming pools?
I used to have swimming classes twice a week, but then I got injured on my knee. Now that I'm feeling better, I was planning to start going to the swimming pool again. However... Other things and priorities are in my mind at the moment, this is, since I began Wai, I started to be much more careful with my skin (I really love my skin right now!). I know chlorine has a tons of side effects later on. Also, the smell of chlorine stays in our skins for a little while after being on the pool and what it is advised to do is to use soap, etc, which I don't intend to do.

So, I would like to know also how harmful could sea water be. I mean, I know sea water from nowadays is surely not 'only sea water'. It's pretty polluted...

Is it better to just avoid swimming at all (specially on chlorinated Pools)?

P.S.: I like to swim, but it is not a thing that I reaaaaally love. I just want to do some sports. It happened to be swimming the last one.
dime

Re: Chlorinated Pools and Sea Water - Potential harm to our skin

Post by dime »

You are really overthinking stuff. Millions of people go to pools or the sea and everyone seems fine.
Personally I prefer to swim outdoor in lakes (or the sea), it's cheaper and being outdoors feels a lot nicer.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

dime wrote:You are really overthinking stuff.
Yeah, I know... It is just because I am not using soap.
Going to a swimming pool, your will have chlorinated smell. That is my concern. Not to mention that there are many sites saying that chlorinated pools makes your skin get old faster.
But now I understand why people always said to get a shower first before going to the pool. The same goes after being on the swimming pool.
Millions of people go to pools or the sea and everyone seems fine.
Well, millions of people eat cooked foods and they seem very well too :P
But you're right, sometimes it is better just to remain ignorant or pretend that we don't know.
dime

Post by dime »

Look at old professional swimmers, presumably they have spent much more time in the pool compared to anyone else. Does their skin look significantly worse / more aged than the skin of other people of similar age?
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

dime wrote:Look at old professional swimmers, presumably they have spent much more time in the pool compared to anyone else. Does their skin look significantly worse / more aged than the skin of other people of similar age?
Well, when I see them, in fact, they don't look that old. But, I must be honest with you: I don't know many swimmers besides Michael Phelps ;D . And I don't know any swimmer with 60+ years old also...
I just wanted a specific/scientific reason why could this happen (if it really happens, actually...)