Teeth and hair

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
michael
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Teeth and hair

Post by michael »

As you may have read, I've been drinking orange juice from the store the last months or so (I know, it's stupid), along with sugar, oil plus 5-6 fruits a day, eggs, sashimi every second day and munch food when I'm at school or travelling.

First of all, my teeth are stronger than ever, but they have yellowed dramatically the last weeks. I guess it's because of the acid in the unripe orange juice I've been buying, so I will stop buying that and start juicing instead. What can I do other than this to get my teeth whiter again? By the way, I'm moving to London soon, and everybody keep saying that their teeth are of really bad quality. Why is this - what are they eating that's destroying their teeth?

Secondly, my hair has become much more thin and I'm beginning to see a sparse patch as if I'm balding. I'm only 21, so it seems a bit early imo. Why do men become bald, anyway - is this natural? So, do you have any advice RRM - should I eat more egg yolks, or could it be caused by a lack of protein?
slea

Post by slea »

Are you drinking any teas or coffee? That will cause yellowing as well. I don't think the orange juice would cause that. I've noticed when I don't consume munch food my teeth are a lot whiter. Mabye it's the kind of munch foods you are consuming. They change the ph of your saliva. That is how the teeth remineralize. As for the hair, your body may be adjusting and your hair may start growing in thicker soon as the texture may be changing. My hair got a lot softer on this diet.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Actually yellow teeth are stronger than white ones. The harder the enamel the more translucent it becomes. The dentin underneath is yellow, so will be shining through when the enamel is more translucent.
At least that's what they told me. ;)
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I have actually noticed my hair getting thicker.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Hmm, that doesn't sound quite right to me about the enamel becoming more clear, but perhaps it is? It doesn't quite make sense to me logically, because our teeth are made of the same basic structure as our bones, and healthy bones are not clear. I actually wanted to start a post about tooth care, so it's funny that someone should mention it :wink: I learned about this stuff called "Tooth Soap" on a different forum I frequent, and I got some and began to use it about a month ago. I've really liked it so far - my teeth feel really clean and smooth whenever I brush them. I believe it coincides with Ayurvedic practices, as well(for those interested), because it is just plain saponified vegetable oils with pure essential oils added for flavoring. The site is www.perfect-prescription.com, and there's some info on there, too. The person who rediscovered this as being the healthier way to clean your teeth, and is marketing her product as the "Toothsoap" also created a booklet about how to take care of your teeth to avoid cavities, remineralize and make your teeth as strong as possible. I'm going to buy the booklet next time I buy my Tooth Soap,(I wasn't able to find it on Limewire or anything) and I'll share whatever is said in there about protecting teeth on a diet such as Wai's, with a lot of fruits/fruit acids. There is a "Tooth Tips" blog that is off of the main site, where they say:
"Again, the best form of nutrients will come from WHOLE and ORGANIC foods. Eggs are a wonderful food to help keep your teeth strong and encourage re-enamelization. Make sure to eat your eggs with the yolk uncooked because cooked yolks are oxidized. The yolk is a precious form of dense nutrients and needs to be handled gently. Think of egg yolks as a golden elixir for your body!"

Here's the link to the whole article, about Lecithin (in prepared foods) being bad for us because it is rancid:
http://toothsoap.blogspot.com/2005/02/w ... thful.html

So, at least we know they have somesense! And we know that egg yolks are good for the teeth - whenever I don't feel like brushing my teeth at night, I make sure to eat an egg yolk before I go to bed, instead of having fruit residue on my teeth. The yolks just feel good to my mouth, you know what I mean? I also remember somewhere in their literature it says that cavities aren't caused by sugar or by bacteria, but by acids - and that's why many strict fruitarians can have bad teeth. They recommend to swish with some water as you're eating acidic fruits. My teeth are sensitive to acids - I love to put lemon juice in my salads - it adds SO MUCH flavor, but my teeth also hurt when I do it. So, hopefully they have something in the book about how to minimize that. You can probably just buy some pure saponified vegetable soap, but it probably wouldn't taste very good, because they reccommend that you use it within 6 months or the soap may begin to taste funky. Also, you would need to make sure that it doesn't contain glycerin, because it coats your teeth which prevents them from getting remineralized by your saliva, etc.(per the site literature, anyway) I buy from them directly, just to make sure it's fresh, and I also like to support companies that raise awareness about natural health whenever I am able to. Next time I'm going to try the liquid formula.

On the same note, Weston Price did experimentation with remineralizing of teeth and diet on many school-age children, and found that a diet rich in raw butter and milk from grass-fed cows, rich soups, and freshly ground whole grains,(as well as cod liver oil and concentrated butter oil, I believe - I'm not sure if it was at the same time or if that was a different experiment) would stop cavities and for many reverse them, with strong remineralization occuring in many of the teeth. There are pics in his book "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" that show cavitations that are patched over with tooth material from within - regrowing teeth. It's pretty amazing. That is part of the reason why I believe there is more than just one healthy diet, but I can reserve any other thoughts on that for the "Other Opinions" thread.

We should soon be able to find the way for the fruit acids to not negatively affect our teeth. That will be great! More LEMONS for me please! ;)

~Amber
huntress

Post by huntress »

Hello Amber :)

Actually, cavities are caused by bacteria Streptococcus mutans that ferments fructose which produces lactic acid as waste. This lactic acid causes cavities.

High consumption of strong acids, < pH 3 corrodes the enamel. I believe lemon has pH ~ 2.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The dentin in our teeth is closer to bones than enamel is. Mature enamel is anorganic, as there aren't any living cells anymore. It also has a mineral content of ~90%, which is the highest anywhere in the body. Thus it has a more crystalline structure, which might explain the translucency. Also, the more flaws in a crystal, the less translucent it will become. I'm not sure if this is the complete explanation, but I think it makes sense. ;)