Swollen and bleeding gums, urgent help needed!

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Chin-Chin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Swollen and bleeding gums, urgent help needed!

Post by Chin-Chin »

Hey guys,

I've been having swollen gums (not just isolated area, but the entire upper teeth) and it's been bleeding for the past two days. Tonight I just brushed, and there was so much blood that it tasted salty and I spit a lot of blood. What is going on?

I brush my teeth twice a day, and have only had inflammation in isolated area on occasions and usually, it goes away with a bit of brushing...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Not good... :?

Did you read this thread: http://www.acneboard.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0? Maybe your answer is in there?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

To keep your gums healthy, they need a daily massage.
When you eat food you really need to chew on a lot, your gums get this massage already.
Only consuming food that requires hardly any chewing, you may get bleeding gums.

Solution: massage your gums every night by using toothpicks, as part of your dental regime.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

RRM,

How can I massage my gums with a toothpick? Are you talking about acupuncture?

I was thinking with one finger...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im sure Oscar knows some good pics to illustrate what I mean, but I will try to paint a picture:
Put the sharp end of the toothpick in that small space between 2 teeth, very close to your gums. As you gently push the toothpick deeper in that space, the thicker part of the toothpick will touch your gums. By moving the toothpick back and forth it will massage your gums.
That space between your teeth is where infection of your gums usually starts.

This toothpick gum-massage is to prevent infection of your gums though, and may be insufficient to eliminate an infection that has spread to the gum-rims over your teeth. To massage those infected rims you may indeed use your fingertips.
As prevention, make sure to daily massage your gums between every 2 teeth.
spring

Re: Swollen and bleeding gums, urgent help needed!

Post by spring »

Chin-Chin wrote:Hey guys,

I've been having swollen gums (not just isolated area, but the entire upper teeth) and it's been bleeding for the past two days. Tonight I just brushed, and there was so much blood that it tasted salty and I spit a lot of blood. What is going on?

I brush my teeth twice a day, and have only had inflammation in isolated area on occasions and usually, it goes away with a bit of brushing...
Better go and seek medical advice and get it checked out.