The Wai diet's effect on hair

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

The Wai diet's effect on hair

Post by andyville »

Hey,

I'm interested in how people on raw, vegetarian diets feel about their hair, and how it is affected by the diet? There is an old stereotype about "traditional" vegetarians and vegans having bad skin and suffering from hairloss, but they rely on a lot of bad foods that typical Wai followers stay away from.

So - has your hair changed since going Wai? In what sense?
Agent

Post by Agent »

I have noticed that my hair is slightly softer but that might just be the different things I'm using on my hair.

I actually just recently got a hair cut and it's bloody awful. Any ideas how to get it to grow back quicker? My hair really thick and annoying, the diet hasn't changed this.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

I feel that I don't have to wash my hair as often - although I haven't had any time to sacrifice for hair-washing this last week.

Also, rinsing hair with cold water seems to help the hair to shine.
huntress

Post by huntress »

I'm curious andyville, how is your hair?
andyville

Post by andyville »

huntress:

Well, about a year ago I was experiencing some hairloss for a while, which was not nice (I'm male/24). It might have been due to a lot of stress that was going on in my life at the time, due to the fact that I didn't care much about what I ate, or maybe genetics (although I don't like that alternative, because there's not a lot you can do about that one, is there?)

Anyway, I decided to shave my head - luckily I'm one of those guys with the head shape for it - and I still shave it. One can say that the hairloss thing was the main reason for me going Wai (or kind of Wai, at least), in addition to the fact that I was curious to find out how the diet would affect my body in general.

So long so good - the hair looks better than ever, and I'm gonna let it grow this summer. I have discovered two very fundamental keys that I try to keep in mind: 1. keep your blodd sugar level as stable as possible throughout the whole day, and 2. stay away from substances that have a bad influence on your digestion (in my case, primarily gluten and lactose).
nick

Post by nick »

Sufficient glucose levels keep androgen levels at the right level.
So by following this diet perhaps it does promote hair growth?
Good to hear!
Someone

Post by Someone »

What about all thoose kilos of fruits consumed everyday, woulden't they be a problem for the blood sugar levels going up and down? causing insulin resistance which is one of the factors to be causing MPB (Male Pattern Baldness)

http://www.drmirkin.com/men/8656.html
nick

Post by nick »

Someone,

That's why you add fat to your fruit meals or juice. This stabilizes your sugar level so that it doesn't go up and down.

This is a key factor of the diet.
Someone

Post by Someone »

What kind of fats?

the egg yolk thing is bad for the health to consume about 4 eggs a day is not a good thing for the cholestrol levels in my opinion, can you explain how insulin interacts with the fats youre suggesting? never came across such info before, all i know is that to much of the bad fats is not a good thing and that egg yolks is one of them, i have a body builder friend who cooks his eggs without the egg yolks, he says they are not good to eat.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Someone, have you read any articles on this site: http://www.waisays.com/index.html ?
Agent

Post by Agent »

Someone wrote:What kind of fats?
Generally Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Cononut Oil is also popular and even Avacado Oil.
the egg yolk thing is bad for the health to consume about 4 eggs a day is not a good thing for the cholestrol levels in my opinion, can you explain how insulin interacts with the fats youre suggesting? never came across such info before, all i know is that to much of the bad fats is not a good thing and that egg yolks is one of them, i have a body builder friend who cooks his eggs without the egg yolks, he says they are not good to eat.
You do realise we mean RAW eggs yolks!? Everything on this diet is raw.

Search the forums for information about the differences between good clean cholesterol in raw eggs and bad cholesterol in cooked eggs. Your bodybuilder friend who cooks the eggs clearly avoids yolks because of the cholesterol. Egg white is high in protein but contains little cholesterol (and very little useful nutrients).

Raw egg yolk is not detrimental to your health, far from it and will not put you at risk of "high cholesterol".

I suggest you do some research as you clearly don't have a great understanding of this diet :)
nick

Post by nick »

Someone,

These links to the waisays pages should help clarify these misconceptions about cholesterol:

http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/cholesterol.htm

http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/index.html
avalon

Post by avalon »

It's true, google the benefits of raw yolks, also mercola.com.

Eating yolks raw changes the whole dynamic. The more you learn how cooking changes food, the more you'll want to go raw.
Someone

Post by Someone »

Okey guys, im want to try the wai diet, my symptoms so far is having a hard time gettin up every morning it's like my blood sugar levels gets to low during sleep or something and lose of energy during the whole day, if i eat a fruit i get energy for that moment and then a while after im tired again...

About the eggs ive looked into that and im somehow convinced that they do more good then harm...i actually tested my cholestrol level 2 weeks ago and it came out kinda low, it was -2,59 when +2-3 is normal and +5 being bad..

I also use Fish Oil capsules are they bad in the wai opinion?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Someone wrote:i have a body builder friend who cooks his eggs without the egg yolks, he says they are not good to eat.
Please dont' take this the wrong way...

I could list peole who say just the opposite. What qualifies him to know that egg yolks are not good to eat? Did he read it in a bodybuilding magazine? Or did he come to that conclusion fom reading studies? I'm just curious why his opinion would carry more wieght that the people here who have done a lot of research on this.