Emu Oil

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Someone
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Emu Oil

Post by Someone »

Is Emu Oil good for the skin or does it accelerate the dehydration of the skin?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

How much vitamin E does it contain?
(regarding accelerating aging of the skin)
Someone

Post by Someone »

Well it really dousen't say how much it only says vitamin E (Tocopherol) added i use the brad Royal Perfection Emu Oil, it makes the outer skin layer thicker and usually that is the first signs of aging when the skin get's thinner...

If you look up Tocopherol on wikipedia it says the following

"Tocopherol, or Vitamin E, is a fat-soluble vitamin in eight forms that is an important antioxidant. Vitamin E is often used in skin creams and lotions because it is believed to play a role in encouraging skin healing and reducing scarring after injuries such as burns."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tocopherol
nick

Post by nick »

Vitamin E could works by increasing the shedding of the skin, thus making you look younger and increasing the healing of scars because that tissue is now replaced by younger skin cells.

However, to stop aging you have to stop the actual aging!
By using creams, lotions that contain substances that increase your skin shedding, thus making you look younger your only using up that renewal rate. You'll look younger, but you'll look even older when you get older.

By applying oil with low Vitamin E levels, you'll keep your skin hydrated and it won't get dry, thus increasing the aging process.
Someone

Post by Someone »

Well what do I do then? If I can not apply emu oil to make my skin moisturized and feeling healthier then what a heck is there to do? Just leave the skin to dry to death? What about all those commercial daily moisturizing creams that they recommend you to use before you’re skin gets damaged by dryness and ect? If not using creams and oils? Then what is left to use?
avo

Post by avo »

Primary factor causing dryness is from within the body. Putting oil on outside skin will not solve any problems correctly or permanently.
Someone

Post by Someone »

Well how do you fix it within?
nick

Post by nick »

Someone wrote:Well what do I do then? If I can not apply emu oil to make my skin moisturized and feeling healthier then what a heck is there to do?
I didn't mean to say that all oils are bad.
Wai recommends any oil that is low in Vitamin E contents.

Here is a list:

Oils that contain the least vitamin E (per 100 gram) are:

6 mg. linseed oil
3 mg. sesame seed oil
3 mg. walnut oil
2 mg. coconut oil / Monoi oil

Here is the link to what Wai says about moisturizers too:
http://www.waisays.com/fingertip.htm
avalon

Post by avalon »

Here's an interesting study...and a quote from:

http://www.efeatherstone.com/eemustudy.htm
When the participants in this study were asked which of the two oils they liked better, all 11 subjects (100%) stated that they liked emu oil better (Table II). Neither emu oil or mineral oil was found to be irritating to the skin (0%, Table II). Finally, when the oils were applied to the face, 6 people (55%) and 2 people (18%) reported the mineral and emu oil respectively caused 11 pimples, (Table II)
Someone

Post by Someone »

avalon:

Pimples is actually something ive experienced too when applying emu oil but it no other oil work better at healing tissue as emu oil...

So what can i do, what's the next best option besides emu oil?

And how can i change within?
avalon

Post by avalon »

I don't have a good answer for you. Only, keep learning and trying new things. There's a lot of money being made on skin oils. Most often the simpler solutions are the best.

I have read good things about cocnut oil. I haven't tried it myself but i'd better soon I need to stop this aging thing before it gets out-a control! :D I also haven't tried washing face with rose water yet which I'd like to try.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Someone wrote:And how can i change within?
Try this: http://www.freeacnebook.com/SampleDiet.htm
silviya

Emu Oil

Post by silviya »

The reason i use Emu Oil is because it reduces scarring and helps with healing of the face. The original EMU Oil comes from the fat of a bird., its weird i know..
RRM
Administrator

Re: Emu Oil

Post by RRM »

silviya wrote:it reduces scarring and helps with healing of the face.
How does it do that?
What are the claimed active ingredients?
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM, for cracks or something close to it, what do you suggest? My doctor gave a glucocorticoid but I must not use too much he said (because of the side effects).

I read on the forum that vaseline was ok for the body; but for a wound, do you recommend it? And do you recommend it anyway? What are the bad points?