Heat Rash/Miliaria

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Heat Rash/Miliaria

Post by nick »

Ever since the summer and hot and humid has begun, I notice that if I sweat and its a hot and sunny, then I get these rash on my back, chest, neck and scalp. They feel like pins and needles itching my skin!

I read that this is caused by the sweat glands getting plugged by dead skin cells. It should go away in about 5-6 weeks.

Would taking a cold shower instead of a hot shower be better?
Or the alternating method between hot and cold?
What about scrubing my skin to help the skin shed?

The skin on my chest and back is so very soft and smooth and I thought it was due to the diet perhaps...
Someone

Post by Someone »

Nick

It might be mites, 96-98% of the population have them!
Someone

Post by Someone »

I might add, they like heat and darkness!
nick

Post by nick »

RRM,

Do you know if EPA, DPA or DHA play a role in the sweat glands being blocked or clogged?
I was reading and thinking that my mild form of miliaria may be related to low levels of them or perhaps even Vitamin A.

One of the side effects of accutane has been miliaria but only in rare cases, as it effects the differentiation of the skin. I only took it for 8.5 days but I wonder if I'm deficient in something.

Just curious.
Thanks.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

nick wrote:Do you know if EPA, DPA or DHA play a role in the sweat glands being blocked or clogged?
I think they might, as they have been shown to inhibit electrical activity in neurons (a lack of them increases electrical activity) and cardiac myocytes.
I was reading and thinking that my mild form of miliaria may be related to low levels of them or perhaps even Vitamin A.
Which would require a higher intake of omega3s (fish) and vitamin A (egg yolks and fish) or beta-carotene (apricots, muskmelons and carrots). You may try to see whether that has any effect.
nick

Post by nick »

I shall.
Thanks.
nick

Post by nick »

RRM,

I went home this weekend and had some fish and noticed that my skin on my face is much softer and smoother, less dry than when I hadn't eaten fish in two weeks or so. I also didn't experience those heat rashes.

Since I can't get fresh fish where I go to school, I was thinking about buying some omega-3 supplements.

Here is a link to one that is cheap and has enough (too much?) of the proper omega-3's.
The list of nutrients are about half way down:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... PLST-0-CAT