body wash / hand soap

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: body wash / hand soap

Post by Oscar »

We have bacteria everywhere on our skin, and also in parts of our body. Washing hands would only be helpful if your immune system can't cope, i.e. is not up to par. The way to train the immune system is by having frequent contact with bacteria.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: You go to the toilet only 4 times a day?? And you drink orange juice all day long!?
4 times maximally.
When its warm, and its a working day, i go to the toilet only 2 times a day.
Urinating is only required to get rid of stuff such as urea.
Water also evaporates from your skin, particularly potently when your blood and lymphe is relatively low in water-retaining substances.
paradise

Post by paradise »

RRM wrote:I wash my hair daily with shampoo and i always put some coconut oil in my hair after washing.
Works like a charm.
What kind of shampoo do you use? I mean what kind of ingredients does it contain?

I now switched from a shampoo similar to this:
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Chloride, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Hydrolyzed Silk, Sericin, Panthenol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Benzoate, Parfum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Mica, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Coumarin, Linalool, CI 77891, CI 17200

to this more "natural-eco" one:
Aqua (Water), Coco Glucoside, Alcohol, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium PCA, Xantahn Gum, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Bran Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Parfum (Essential Oils), Arginine, Citric Acid, Phytic Acid, Citronellol, Geraniol, CI 75120 (Annatto)

It's smells weird though and directly after washing the hair sticks so that i can't run through it with my fingers at all. But once it's dry it's smooth and shiny. I like it. And it doesn't get oily as fast as before. Scalpe seems more balanced now.

Could you tell, if this shampoo would be even better?

AQUA, DECYL GLUCOSIDE (Sugar tensides), ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT* (Aloe vera*), CAPRYLYL/CAPRYL GLUCOSIDE (Sugar tensides), LAURYL GLUCOSIDE (Sugar tensides), COCO-GLUCOSIDE (Sugartensides), GLYCERIN* (plant derived*), GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, LACTIC ACID (Lactic acid), XANTHAN GUM, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS SEED OIL* (Jojoba*), SQUALANE (from Olive), SODIUM  LAEVULINATE, SODIUM ANISATE, PCA GLYCERYL OLEATE, SODIUM PHYTATE, VANILLA PLANIFOLIA FRUIT EXTRACT* (Vanilla*), TOCOPHEROL (Vitamin E) (*) product of organic agriculture
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

paradise wrote: Could you tell, if this shampoo would be even better?
No, i cannot.
I can only tell you what works for me.
I use Sulfur8 (made in USA), daily. It works, but also smells good. (which is not true for every dandruff shampoo).
Iris

Post by Iris »

Yesterday I had to do something about the dandruff (have it sometimes :s) I that bothered me after washing my hair. I could not think of anything better to try then rose water, so I plunged some on my hands and applied it onto my scalp. To my surprise, the dandruff was gone! I was afraid I had to buy some special shampoo, but now I'm very glad I don't have to :D (commercial shampoo makes my hair look awful :( ) Thought maybe it's helpful to someone here too :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Please keep us posted about the results in the future.
(will it last? dloes it affect the condition of your hair? any other effects?)
dime

Post by dime »

What seems to work very well for my dandruff is egg whites blended with a bit of coconut oil and apple vinegar. This mixture keeps the skin on the head really really clean, no shampoo has ever worked so well. With shampoos I've always had some small layer of dandruff or dead skin or whatever. I've been washing my hair like this for 2-3 months, 1-2 times per week.
After shower I put a bit of coconut oil on the hair (even though I don't like the slightly oily look too much), as it's protective:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12715094
Among three oils, coconut oil was the only oil found to reduce the protein loss remarkably for both undamaged and damaged hair when used as a pre-wash and post-wash grooming product. Both sunflower and mineral oils do not help at all in reducing the protein loss from hair. This difference in results could arise from the composition of each of these oils. Coconut oil, being a triglyceride of lauric acid (principal fatty acid), has a high affinity for hair proteins and, because of its low molecular weight and straight linear chain, is able to penetrate inside the hair shaft. Mineral oil, being a hydrocarbon, has no affinity for proteins and therefore is not able to penetrate and yield better results. In the case of sunflower oil, although it is a triglyceride of linoleic acid, because of its bulky structure due to the presence of double bonds, it does not penetrate the fiber, consequently resulting in no favorable impact on protein loss.
Iris

Post by Iris »

RRM wrote:Please keep us posted about the results in the future.
(will it last? dloes it affect the condition of your hair? any other effects?)
I'll continue doing it regularly, so I will. They say rosewater is very good for your hair, so I have good hope that at least it won't do any bad.

But I think it only covers up the dandruff, and it reliefs the itching somewhat. But after washing, it is still bad :( Yesterday at night the Itching was extremely severe, so I googled bout what to do about dandruff. I read very frequently using a "scalp mask" of egg yolks. I didn't think much of it at first, but there were so many testimonials, I started thinking it over. When I began using yolks to wash my hair, it solved my dandruff completely. At some point, I stopped washing with them, because I was tired of breaking like 6 eggs every time before I could wash my hair. The dandruff came back, so later I decided to wash with yolks again. This time it didn't solve the problem. Now for quite some time I'm washing with olive oil soap. The dandruff seems to worsen last couple of weeks.

I decided to try the yolk-mask. Had to try SOMETHING! I smeared 10 yolks on my (dry) scalp (and face :mrgreen: ) and let it sit for over half an hour. Then took a shower. Voila, dandruff gone! (and baby soft skin :wink: )
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

10 yolks! Wow, lol.
dime

Post by dime »

I started using pine tar soap, it's natural with no fragrances/colors, pretty much only coconut oil, olive oil, pine tar. Doesn't smell particularly amazing :) It's supposed to work well for dandruf, psoriasis, and similar conditions on the scalp.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

I always had dandruff and I have tried every single anti shampoo that exists, even the natural ones. I think I am going to try the yolk!
Also, I don't know how badly hot water can affect my skin. I am a person that loves (or is used to?) to take a bath in scalding/really hot water. I think I am going to change this in the near future. For example, my hands get really dry, because I am washing them several times and with hot water too. Bad habits :(

Btw, I'm finding that my body doesn't smell as bad since I started Wai. No stinky feet, no bad smell in general. I even feel like I don't need to shower. It's amazing! I still use some soap in the private areas though...
Actually, if it is not to inappropriate, I would like to ask for your help regarding the skin of those areas: it has been for years that I have irritated skin on my right testicle. Really, sometimes I scrub so strongly that I wound my skin, specially when it is sweaty (during the night too). In fact, I began to hate using boxers or tight pants because they only intensify the itching. I don't know what it is, some bacteria? Could it be the soap or the water? Unfortunately, on my unsconcious past, I even tried alcohol to get rid of it... Not a good experience, I can tell, and it actually could gave me more consequences.

I went to the dermatologist some months ago and she prescribed me this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/67020531
But, of course, this doesn't treat it... It always comes back after few days.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Novidez wrote:I always had dandruff and I have tried every single anti shampoo
Just wash your hair with any kind of shampoo, but do it DAILY.
Then use some type of fat to style your hair and prevent dehydration (i use vaseline).
Works like a charm.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

I washed it with an egg yolk the other and I was pretty happy with the results. The dandruff was gone with one wash. I am going to wash more times this way and see how it goes. Of course the yolk doesn't give a perfume smell like a shampoo, but it doesn't smell bad either. And if doesn't give me dandruff, I'm more than happy with it.
RRM wrote:Just wash your hair with any kind of shampoo, but do it DAILY.
Then use some type of fat to style your hair and prevent dehydration (i use vaseline).
Works like a charm.
Maybe I can try that later too. But doesn't the vaseline make your hair a little sticky? I always avoided gels, lacquer, foams for hair, because I like it the natural way.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Novidez wrote:doesn't the vaseline make your hair a little sticky? I always avoided gels, lacquer, foams for hair, because I like it the natural way.
Ah, i understand. My hair is straight, so i need something to model it.