body wash / hand soap

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
haraldsmith
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

body wash / hand soap

Post by haraldsmith »

just wondering what kind of body wash / hand soap everyone uses
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I use none. :)
haraldsmith

really?

Post by haraldsmith »

really?? so you just shower / wash your hands with just water?
Marty

No soap

Post by Marty »

Yes, me too (no soap or detergent).
Oscar
Administrator

Re: really?

Post by Oscar »

haraldsmith wrote:really?? so you just shower / wash your hands with just water?
Yes. Actually I don't really 'wash' my hands, more rinse them off if needed.
rischott

Post by rischott »

same here. No soap or deoderant or detergent or toothpaste. Sometimes I put baby powder on my armpits if I get complaints.
haraldsmith

wow

Post by haraldsmith »

im surprised alot of people don't use anything?? how do you get rid of odors?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Odors are weak, quickly gone, or non-existent, so there isn't really a reason to do anything about them. :)
haraldsmith

asdf

Post by haraldsmith »

what about your hair, what do you do about oil buildup
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I rarely use soap; only when its really required.
I do use shampoo, but I never let it touch the skin on my head, because when I do, I get dandruft (I keep my head upside down when I wash my hair)
haraldsmith

a

Post by haraldsmith »

how about bodywash for showering?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I start every day with relaxing in the bathtub for 20 minutes. The soaking and some gentle rubbing takes care of eliminating dead cells with dirt from my skin.
I found that if I use soap, my body odour is not so good anymore; as if the natural balance of my skin gets out of wack because of the soap.
Marty

Hair washing

Post by Marty »

Do you have a longish length of hair?

I do not and it is hard to avoid the scalp when washing.

I find that what is hard to get off are the residues left by even natural-style shampoos -- and not due to hard water. Many have natural thickeners or gums that seem to adhere to the hair and cause it to become 'dirty,' necessitating another wash.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Hair washing

Post by RRM »

Yes, my hair is long indeed.
I find that what is hard to get off are the residues left by even natural-style shampoos -- and not due to hard water. Many have natural thickeners or gums that seem to adhere to the hair and cause it to become 'dirty,' necessitating another wash.
Ive never experienced that; I would say my hair gets fluffy and 'dry' (as the opposite of fat/dirty) because of the washing.
huntress

Post by huntress »

How dangerous is soap exactly? I understand that we do absorb some of the things that we put on our skin. But do they accumulate in our system in a long run? Using no soap is fine during the winter but not in the summer. And especially not after a rigorous workout.
I find that natural shampoos causes more residue buildup on my hair than any other shampoos. I've tried using lemon juice to reduce the buildup on my hair and it works to some extend. Maybe you want to try that?
Ive never experienced that; I would say my hair gets fluffy and 'dry' (as the opposite of fat/dirty) because of the washing.
I would say your hair is wavy/curly...and big like a lion's mane perhaps?