body wash / hand soap

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
paradise
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: body wash / hand soap

Post by paradise »

Sounds good with the yolks. I'm going to try this.
So far i haven't stopped using showering gel and shampoo. But I never have the feeling my skin is clean/smooth/not sticky and grainy anymore after showering. Using a peeling glove helps a bit but i'm afraid to damage my skin too much using it.

And when the skin is soaked and i scratch on top of it i have all this stuff underneath my fingernails. A grey smeary paste. Is that all accumulated sebum and dead cells? Will this get less with this diet? Or can I only get rid of it by gently rubbing it off?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Sebum production may decrease, as well as skin cell turnover.
Have you tried washing your hair with shampoo daily?
paradise

Post by paradise »

I used to wash my hair daily, for the last months every two days. But on the second day it's so greasy I often think shit i can't go outside like this, but then i don't care and leave it alone. Just washed it with shampoo again and my scalp feels dehydrated, itchy, almost burning. Can i put a bit of walnut oil on my scalp as i do on my face after washing?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

paradise wrote:Just washed it with shampoo again and my scalp feels dehydrated, itchy, almost burning. Can i put a bit of walnut oil on my scalp as i do on my face after washing?
Yes, absolutely.
I wash my hair daily with shampoo and i always put some coconut oil in my hair after washing.
Works like a charm.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The more often you wash with shampoo, the more often you actually have to wash it that often, as the body will increase the oil production to compensate.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, i know, but if i dont wash it daily, i get dandruff.
dime

Post by dime »

RRM wrote:Yes, i know, but if i dont wash it daily, i get dandruff.
Me same, although lately it seems like even once in 2-3 days to be enough. Slowly I'm trying to ditch the shampoo (I'm using it only like once a week now), otherwise I use the natural soap I have, it's from olive oil, shea butter and some other essential oils.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think there might be a connection between dandruff and the (frequent) washing with shampoo as well.
dime

Post by dime »

I don't think so. I went through at least 3-4 months of not washing with shampoo at all and head full of dandruff hoping the dandruff will eventually go away. I was just getting more and more dandruff and increased hair loss because of this. Some people are simply susceptible to dandruff and if you don't remove it effectively in some way (shampoo) it can only make things worse.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Were you on the 100% Wai Diet during that time?
dime

Post by dime »

Yes pretty much.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I used to have dandruff, even used an aggressive anti-dandruff shampoo every day. When I stopped using it the dandruff came back at first, but after a little while it diminished and then disappeared.
dime

Post by dime »

You were washing just with water after stopping the anti-dandruff shampoo?
I'm giving it another try, but this time I'm decreasing shampoo usage more gradually.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmmm...that I don't remember exactly. I might've used a herbal shampoo for a while, but in the end I switched to water with 1 egg yolk once a week. At the moment I shower 2-3 times a week (after running), and once per week egg yolk shampoo.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:
Rivera wrote:But hands washing needs to be frequent. I guess you go to the toilet many times per day like all of us.
No, i dont.
2 - 4 times a day.
You go to the toilet only 4 times a day?? And you drink orange juice all day long!?

I guess you agree to the fact that we do need soap to kill bacterias?
You say "need", which implies that we cannot do without, which is not true.
If you prefer: we "have" to use soap to kill bacterias.
For me it feels like when not using soap, I don't feel as clean as when using it.
Thats a mental thing.
No, I really do not feel as clean. And there is no study or trials showing it is perfectly the same?
Oscar wrote:IF you would want to kill bacteria (and I don't see why) then washing hands normally is not effective enough. Plus you would want to refrain from touching any surfaces after washing, as they have lots of bacteria too.
I know, and about this, doctors do not explain a thing.
But when you go outside and you come back home, you don't want to bring new bacterias, who may be more dangerous. Especially, if you have pets or children.
abicahsoul wrote:The only reason to kill as much bacteria as possible all over your body, is if you're gonna undergo surgery. Otherwise some bacteria is fine. Normally bacteria coexist with us.. We can't get germ free.. and probably it is not healthy to get rid of all germs even.. ;)
I agree. But doctors say that it is important to wash hands as it is an effective way to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. And they don't talk only about surgery. I know it's unatural, but today's lives are so f*cked by humans in every ways, we cannot ignore this.