Drinking OJ= coated mouth

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:Hey, you might want to sterilize those bottles in between uses.
Why?
avalon wrote:This build, up if left on your teeth long enough, will harden and become tartar.
Not necessarily. It might, but it also might not.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Sorry, maybe I should have quoted.

avo wrote:
I notice some often-used plastic bottles on mine get this coating on the inside as well...
'Often-used' bottles might need cleaning if not sterilization from time to time, especially if there is an obvious coating of some sort inside. I know that the water company I buy my water from offer to sterilize the bottles.

I wrote:
This build, up if left on your teeth long enough, will harden and become tartar.
Oscar wrote:
Not necessarily. It might, but it also might not.
Sorry again. I will say- very well could and will :roll:. And it sure helps to know this. I don't think you can argue that when plaque hardens it forms tartar.

http://www.dentalfind.com/glossary/tartar.html

Avalon :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I understood, but my question remains (why?). ;)

Yes, if plaque hardens, it becoms tartar, that is correct.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Oscar wrote:
I understood, but my question remains (why?).
If I saw unidentified white stuff in my juice bottle, would I leave it there to grow and grow, so it could attack me in my sleep?

I don't think so.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

There is a difference between leaving it to grow and sterilizing...I'd just brush it off with some water.

Attack you in your sleep? I sense much fear in you, young padawan... ;)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Oscar wrote:
There is a difference between leaving it to grow and sterilizing...I'd just brush it off with some water.

Okay, so why didn't you just say that then? Brush it off with some water. I'm down with that. Sterilizing might be extreme, but once white stuff is forming periodically, it might not be a bad idea to wash it well :D

Wash it well :)

Avalon
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I've found just rinsing bottles doesn't stop them from getting a odd smell at the end of the day but rinsing ith bleech and water does.
rischott

Post by rischott »

why don't you all use glass bottles? there is never a 'white residue' left on it. Only when i used plastic. that is why i stopped.
avo

Post by avo »

I used to... I don't remember when I switched. Anyways, I will go out and buy myself a 2+ liter glass bottle... but from where/what?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Actually, I am using glass bottles. When using plastic bottles it might be a good idea to change them regularly. Cleaning with bleach doesn't really sound that healthy... :?
avalon

Post by avalon »

rischott!!! Glass is so true! I'm guilty of using those Glad plastic storage containers and have been meaning to replace them with glass jars. This reminded me that it's time to change over.

Thanx :D
rischott

Post by rischott »

i was reusing my olive oil bottle, then it broke, so now i am reusing 5 glass bottles (450 ml) from my coconut oil.
If you olive oil is glass, just use that.
ganbare

Post by ganbare »

I've recently switched to a primarily juice based diet and I've noticed that my tongue is always coated white. Even after I brush it doesn't completely come off. Anyone have this problem? Is this healthy and normal? I know for sure that my mouth tastes sugary all the time. I don't use a straw.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't think anyone knows what is normal for the tongue. I read in another thread you recently used antibiotics. That could have an effect on the mouthflora. For now I wouldn't worry about it and wait to see if it changes over time.