Drinking OJ= coated mouth

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
razza
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Drinking OJ= coated mouth

Post by razza »

Is anyone else bothered by the coating you get all over your tongue and teeth from sipping oj all day? I feel like it makes my breath smell, and one of my favorite things about a raw diet is that you generally have a clean mouth feeling after eating, and no stinky breath.

I've tried sipping through a straw but I really need a bottle so I can shake up the oil and juice....

Maybe if I get one of those sports bottles I can squirt the juice to the back of my throat?
nick

Post by nick »

What kind of coating?
Describe it.
razza

Post by razza »

It's sticky and sour tasting, covers my tongue and teeth. By afternoon time I can scrape the coating off my teeth. I think it's from the concentrated sugar in oj, and how the bacteria in your mouth feed off it--you know the taste that is left in your mouth after you eat a bunch of candy or a sweet pastry? It makes your breath smell.

I don't have this problem when consuming whole fruit. The juice needs to be sipped more frequently though, so maybe that's why?
avo

Post by avo »

I've noticed a slight sticky coating on the teeth, but nothing too bad. One thing that bugs me is that now if I eat some bananas, my teeth start to hurt.
nick

Post by nick »

Eat more fruit and see what happens.

Avo, I had notice teeth problems and usually that would be a sign of needing to eat something solid like a banana or apple. Do you use a toothpick? I don't have anymore tooth problems and I don't use toothpaste either. Quite mysterious but...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think the teeth need some time to adjust (get stronger) to the higher acidity, due to the higher intake of sugars. In the end, no cleaning at all should be necessary, in my opinion. In nature there are no toothbrushes, after all. ;)

The problem is, that no dental research (except epidemiological) has been done on people on natural diets (as far as I know). Research has shown though, that tartar does protect teeth from getting cavities. So maybe plaque, which is held responsible for housing the bacteria on the teeth, can in itself also be protective. So a coating in itself might not be harmful.

At the moment I tend to brush less and less, basically only the places which it's hard to get to. I don't use toothpaste and brush very lightly.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Drinking OJ= coated mouth

Post by RRM »

razza wrote:Is anyone else bothered by the coating you get all over your tongue and teeth from sipping oj all day? I feel like it makes my breath smell, and one of my favorite things about a raw diet is that you generally have a clean mouth feeling after eating, and no stinky breath.
I think the coating is a protective layer indeed.
But dont worry, it doesnt make your breath bad at all. In fact, my breath is better than it ever was (on any other diet).
I've tried sipping through a straw but I really need a bottle so I can shake up the oil and juice....
So why dont you use a straw drinking from a bottle?
razza

Post by razza »

Cause it's messy...

I like to keep the bottle top on but can't do that with a straw, and I don't want to keep taking the straw in and out of the bottle because its all sticky and juicy. :roll:

Hmm, maybe I just need more time get used to it.
avo

Post by avo »

Get a plastic bottle with a sport top, and just squeeze the OJ to the back of the mouth and gulp.
avo

Post by avo »

Also, I haven't brushed in more than 10 days. :shock:
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

nick why don't you use toothpaste??!!?
nick

Post by nick »

Well, now I do!
I tried it for a little while, but my teeth began to suffer from it.

I would recommend toothpaste, as the flouride helps to remineralise the teeth.
avo

Post by avo »

avo wrote:Also, I haven't brushed in more than 10 days. :shock:
It's been more than 100 days now. :shock:

I have a white coating on teeth, comes off just by using a fingernail. What's up with this stuff? I notice some often-used plastic bottles on mine get this coating on the inside as well...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

That should be plaque, a combination of food debris, bacteria and saliva.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Good morning avo,
you wrote:
What's up with this stuff? I notice some often-used plastic bottles on mine get this coating on the inside as well...
Hey, you might want to sterilize those bottles in between uses.

This build, up if left on your teeth long enough, will harden and become tartar. Search the web, there are a lot of natural approached to this. Make sure you brush everywhere :roll:

Best wishes,
Avalon :)