Thinking about quitting (hormones still out of wack)

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
razza
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Thinking about quitting (hormones still out of wack)

Post by razza »

I've been on the sample diet for 3.5 months now. My complexion is so terrible, it is way worse than it was before. I am thinking about quitting, but I love the diet part. It is very easy for me to eat like this, but my face is so red now, I have red spots everywhere. Before I had acne but at least it was confined to certain areas of my face. I break out all over the sides of my face and down my neck now, which is so weird because I never had acne on my neck.

I've been traveling the last month, which could be part of the problem. I've relied heavily on Brazil nuts (shelled myself) and dried fruit. Most of the dried fruit was sun dried, but a few dates maybe weren't. And the water I drank was not low mineral.

So, now I'm back at home and I've stopped the nuts and dried fruit, and I'm back to Volvic. I'm contmeplating using a topical again, but I don't really want to. I'm just very desparate...and my skin looked better when I used the chemicals. :(

Any words of advice?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Could you list exactly what you eat/drink, when you eat/drink it, and the amounts?
Also your height and weight.
razza

Post by razza »

7:00- 1-2 pieces fruit + oil
8:30- 1 fruit + oil
10:00- 1 fruit + oil
11:15- 1/2 of avo/cuc/tomato/oo salad + 1 fruit
12:45- 1/2 of avo/cuc/tomato/oo salad + 1 fruit
2:30- 1 fruit + oil
4:00- 1 fruit + oil
6:00- 1 fruit + oil
8:00- banana, 4 egg yolks, 1Tbsp sugar sprinkled on top

That's an average day. The oil is first cold pressed, usually I don't measure it but take 2 spoonfuls. On rare occassions I get tuna at night.
I drink 1.5 L of Volvic water a day.

I am 5'9" and weigh about 130-135 lbs. I've lost some weight since I started, but nothing dramatic or quick--so I think I'm good on calories.

Hormones play a big role--I break out worst the week of my period. My periods are not yet regular from being a vegan before Wai. The first one came late and now I get them too frequently--only two weeks between the last two cycles.

I just don't understand why having such a clean diet would make my skin this much worse. Why acne on my neck, when it's never been there while I ate junk, spices, and used topicals?
nick

Re: Thinking about quitting

Post by nick »

razza wrote:I've been on the sample diet for 3.5 months now. My complexion is so terrible, it is way worse than it was before. I am thinking about quitting, but I love the diet part. It is very easy for me to eat like this, but my face is so red now, I have red spots everywhere. Before I had acne but at least it was confined to certain areas of my face. I break out all over the sides of my face and down my neck now, which is so weird because I never had acne on my neck.
It took me about 4-5 months to finally get cleared up.
What kind of improvements did you notice, if any at all?
Softer skin?
I've been traveling the last month, which could be part of the problem. I've relied heavily on Brazil nuts (shelled myself) and dried fruit. Most of the dried fruit was sun dried, but a few dates maybe weren't. And the water I drank was not low mineral.
The brazil nuts can cause acne because they aren't always really fresh.
Dried fruit can cause acne too if it isn't sun-dried, how sure are that the fruit was actually sun-dried?
So, now I'm back at home and I've stopped the nuts and dried fruit, and I'm back to Volvic. I'm contmeplating using a topical again, but I don't really want to. I'm just very desparate...and my skin looked better when I used the chemicals. :(
So you were eating brazil nuts for a month, that could cause spots for sure. You should stick to fruits and juices and yolks and fish and see what happens.

What did you diet consist of the first few months before the brazil nuts and dried fruit?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Your protein intake is far too high. According to the Acne Sample Diet rules:
For women: maximally 50 gram (1.8oz) raw fish OR 2 egg yolks a day.
I couldn't exactly check, but your caloric intake seems okay. Make sure you check it with the nutrient calculator (if you haven't done that already). Of course you'll have to compensate for the 2 egg yolks.

So better stop the Brazil nuts and dried fruits (like Nick suggested), and eat 2 egg yolks (or 50gr of fish) a day instead of 4.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Oscar wrote:Your protein intake is far too high. According to the Acne Sample Diet rules:
I advised Razza to eat 4 to get her hormone cycle back to normal. (as she used to be vegan)
I agree to stop the Brazil nuts (you may be allergic; the red spots) and dried fruits (if they are not sun dried)
lets see what the effects of just fresh fruits and egg yolks are.
Razza wrote:I'm just very desparate...and my skin looked better when I used the chemicals
Using the chemicals, your skin ages much faster. First lets see what happens now that you go back to eating just fresh fruits and egg yolks (4).
I agree that its obviously hormonal; which means that it takes time to get a normal hormonal cycle again.
Just a 'little' patience, Razza.
I know its hard, but you will be so happy that you didnt give up...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

RRM wrote:I advised Razza to eat 4 to get her hormone cycle back to normal. (as she used to be vegan)
Ah okay, didn't know that.