Im vegetarian; this diet is too hard

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
audioshack1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Im vegetarian; this diet is too hard

Post by audioshack1 »

I did the diet for about 2 weeks strict but just couldn't handle it. My skin became more softer and started to improve slightly but the diet was too much. I am vegetarian and do not eat eggs or fish as well and living on fruits and brazil nuts was a big headache. This diet for me especially was so hard to do. Are there any alternatives? and when do people usually experience full clean skin?...in my case I have severe acne. Ah I wish there was another way.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

What are the reasons that you are vegetarian?
audioshack1

Post by audioshack1 »

ethical reason, and highly dislike the tastes.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What applies to the eggs and fish specifically; the ethical reason or the dislike of taste? or both?
audioshack1

Post by audioshack1 »

Both
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Are you open to reconsidering things? I don't know how important your health and clear skin are to you. If they are really important you can proably over come any issues with taste. I believe you may come to tolerate eating animal foods.

As far as ethics, what is cruel about eating free range eggs? Would you consider having your own hens?

I think it comes down to priorities. I am an animal lover. I also have no problem killing animals to eat, the way many other animals do on a daily basis. I mean, I believe animal food to be vital to optimal health and will kill in order to have it. I don't buy stuff from factory farms.

Animals are going to be killed regardless how you eat. Wheat mowers mangle many animals when harvesting and farming land for vegetable based foods displaces many animals, not to mention what the chemicals used do.

I would actually argue that the way I eat (organic, local, non factory farmed food) is more ethical than the way many vegetarians eat.
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

I too do not eat Fish or Eggs. I do not due to allergy to all Fish, and a adversion to Raw Yolk...I try and try but I cannot eat them. They make me sick...so I am doing the diet w/o them and doing well BUT I love fruit and Avo's.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

twinee1 wrote:I too do not eat Fish or Eggs. I do not due to allergy to all Fish, and a adversion to Raw Yolk...I try and try but I cannot eat them. They make me sick...so I am doing the diet w/o them and doing well BUT I love fruit and Avo's.
Where do you get your omega 3 fats and cholesterol from? Have you put used a nutrition calculator to make sure you are getting all you need for?
nick

Post by nick »

You really should check the nutrient calculator because I seriously wonder if you are getting sufficient protein and other nutrients perhaps?

You will get by in the short term but you deny yourself of essential nutrients in the long term, which is the problem.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Twinee1
How do you know you are allergic to all fish?
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

I have calculated in fitday and I get about 15% of protein in diet. I have been slowing adding the egg yolk to my diet, in time I will get used to it.

I answered the fish allergy in a previous post. I know I am allergic because if I ate Shrimp I would possibly need an epi shot and if I ate other fishes I would just need benedryl to stop the rash and itching. It is not woth the risk to have breathing issues !

So for now egg yolks will have to do.

Maybe I should take an Omega Supplement ?
avo

Post by avo »

Shrimp is different from fish. A lot of people are allergic to shellfish, and very little are allergic to all fish. Have you had fresh tuna or salmon before? And if you broke out in a rash, how were they prepared?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Indeed.
Isnt it worth trying raw tuna and salmon, as there is a great chance that your body will not react adversely? The reason: all people that reported to be allergic to eggs, appeared not to be allergic to raw egg yolks.
The worst thing that can happen is that you need to take your medication. The best thing that can happen is that you from now on can always eat fresh raw tuna and salmon (alternated with egg yolks).
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

Actually the worst thing that could happen is a trip to the emergency room for an epi shot (been there, done that). And I have talked to several medical people and YES it is possible to have a reaction to tuna...and since I got scrombroid poisoning on raw ahi tuna, and then a rash when I try any tuna, I think it is not worth trying it right now. Yes, the Shrimp allery is different from the Fish reaction. Several of my sisters are allegic to Shrimp to, and my Mom.

If I get brave I will try salmon...but in the small town I live it it will have been frozen. ??? I live in the country of upstate NY.

I am not allergic to Eggs..raw or cooked, just give me gas.... :oops: I am trying to get an egg in daily, bump to two soon.

Should I supplement with Omega's for now ?
avo

Post by avo »

Cooked eggs will give you gas. It's almost a certainty. Raw egg yolks (yolks only) will not, unless you combine them with something you shouldn't have.

Try salmon. Try bass. Try snapper, tilapia, flounder, and perch. You are bound to find something you like (they are all pretty good), and hopefully are not allergic to.