Itchy Acne & whiteheads

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
zenibee
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Itchy Acne & whiteheads

Post by zenibee »

So I just completed my first week Wai (been on for about a month but took weekends off) and am still breaking out a lot around the mouth and chin area. Granted it's less severe then usual but these whiteheads are still mean and iching like crazy! What can I do relieve this??? Usually I would just pop them and put alcohol on my face but alcohol doesn't seem Wai approved. I've also noticed that my skin seems to get worse as the day goes on.

I wash it with a mild, organic soap and then apply castor oil at night and then when I wake up my skin is very calm and you can tell it's healing. In the morning I wash it with the same soap and apply coconut oil. For the first hour or two it's fine but then as I begin to eat is when the itching starts or a piece of fruit may brush against my face accidentaly and it seems like I get irritated in that spot. I also wait tables at night and when I get home from work I can see new whiteheads have popped up. How can I better protect myself skin throughout the day and stop this damn itching???
RRM
Administrator

Re: Itchy Acne!

Post by RRM »

zenibee wrote:So I just completed my first week Wai (been on for about a month but took weekends off)
for you acne to decrease, you cannot take the weekends off, indeed.
and am still breaking out a lot around the mouth and chin area. Granted it's less severe then usual but these whiteheads are still mean and iching like crazy!
Yes, thats completely normal at this stage of the diet; all the trapped sebum and pus first needs to surface. If they are white heads / yellow heads, thats a good sign.
What can I do relieve this???
Adhere to the diet and wait it out.
Usually I would just pop them and put alcohol on my face but alcohol doesn't seem Wai approved.
Putting alcohol in order to disinfect is still allowed. Just dont put it on healthy skin.
I've also noticed that my skin seems to get worse as the day goes on.
Thats always normal; whether you are on this diet, or not.
Its the same for anything involving inflammations.
How can I better protect myself skin throughout the day and stop this damn itching???
Protection can only come from oil applied to the skin, or natural sebum / oil that is produced by the skin. Dont use ANY soap at all on your skin for a while, just water.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Usually I would just pop them and put alcohol on my face but alcohol doesn't seem Wai approved.
Alcohol isn't considered a topical of sorts?
zenibee

Post by zenibee »

Whether is or it aint Alcohol has always been my friend! I'm glad to know I can still use it on these suckers. I will be mindful not to put it on the healthy skin though...how do I do that? Use a Q-tip? And it's ok to pop the whiteheads too or just put alcohol? And I thought we could using a mild cleansing lotion or rose/cucumber water? How do I wash with just water...spray it on with my water bottle and just towel off? What's your daily regimine???
Quote:
I've also noticed that my skin seems to get worse as the day goes on.

Thats always normal; whether you are on this diet, or not.
Its the same for anything involving inflammations.
So basically there's nothing I can do? :( What about washing my face before my night job to at least rinse off the dirt from the day and reapply my coconut oil? Will this continue to happen even after my skin becomes clear or only while I'm still breaking out? How did you (or any one) handle the itchy acne in the beginning?

And yes no more weekends off. I made the committment to myself to see this through to the end. Go Wai!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

zenibee wrote:I will be mindful not to put it on the healthy skin though...how do I do that? Use a Q-tip?
yes.
And it's ok to pop the whiteheads too or just put alcohol?
sure, you can pop them.
And I thought we could using a mild cleansing lotion or rose/cucumber water?
If your skin is irritated, you shouldnt use a cleansing lotion, and you should try to limit cleansing with cucumber juice / rosewater or just plain water to just once a day (twice max)
How do I wash with just water...spray it on with my water bottle and just towel off? What's your daily regimine???
Exactly like that. Once your skin is ok, you can start experimenting with mild lotions and washing more than once a day.
So basically there's nothing I can do?
No. All you need to do is to do the 100% strict diet, no cleansing lotion and preferably only once a day.
What about washing my face before my night job to at least rinse off the dirt from the day and reapply my coconut oil?
As long as your skin is irritated, try to do as little as possible; the natural oil from your skin protects your skin best. Washing it off may already trigger irritation.
Will this continue to happen even after my skin becomes clear or only while I'm still breaking out?
Once your skin is no longer irritated. Once your skin is clear you can start experimenting.
How did you (or any one) handle the itchy acne in the beginning?
Trying to do as little as possible, besides popping the whiteheads.
And yes no more weekends off. I made the committment to myself to see this through to the end. Go Wai!
Go zenibee!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:Alcohol isn't considered a topical of sorts?
You shouldnt use it as such; only to disinfect the wounds. Not to prevent or to put on zits.
zenibee

Post by zenibee »

Ok so I think is spoke to soon. My skin is going CRAZY right now! While the bumps start off as whiteheads or become white soon they all end up beind red, itchy pimples...LOTS OF THEM! I just finished my 2nd week 100% Wai and my chin looks like I just ate a whole chocolate cake, bucket of KFC and a large extra greasy peperoni pizza. This can't be normal. Granted, i did just finish my period (sorry guys) but honestly my skin doens't really go crazy on my cycle so this must be something else...WHAT? If the two week sample diet is supposed to either clear my skin or confirm that this diet won't work for me should I just give up now and go back on my meds? My face hurts :(
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

zenibee wrote:Ok so I think is spoke to soon. My skin is going CRAZY right now! While the bumps start off as whiteheads or become white soon they all end up beind red, itchy pimples...LOTS OF THEM! I just finished my 2nd week 100% Wai and my chin looks like I just ate a whole chocolate cake, bucket of KFC and a large extra greasy peperoni pizza. This can't be normal. Granted, i did just finish my period (sorry guys) but honestly my skin doens't really go crazy on my cycle so this must be something else...WHAT? If the two week sample diet is supposed to either clear my skin or confirm that this diet won't work for me should I just give up now and go back on my meds? My face hurts :(
Sorry to hear about that zenibee :(

Sure RRM will be on tomorrow.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

zenibee wrote:Granted, i did just finish my period... this must be something else...
Its unfortunate that you just had your period within this time frame, as that can really mess things up. The good thing is that your skin will now settle down very rapidly, as both causes are being eliminated (diet and hormones)
This can't be normal.
Actually, its not abnormal at all. Once your skin would have completed clearing, you would have been out of the danger zone regarding cycle-related acne. Within this time frame any small intake of munch foods could have messed up your skin badly as well; now it was your hormones.
should I just give up now and go back on my meds? My face hurts
These are the last few days; giving up now is like giving up running while you are close to the finish, ahead of the pack.
Keep on going just one more week, and the results will be rewarding.
zenibee

Post by zenibee »

Thanks Dionysus & RRM :) I'm going to give it two more weeks just to be sure.

I was looking over everything I was eating over this past week to see if that could've contributed to the explosion and I realized I hardly took any oil or protein at all for the past few days. I've been thinking that maybe all the OJ I was drinking was causing the itchy acne so I decided I would stick to apple juice for a few days and see if that helped. But who has time to juice apples everyday?! Needless to say I didn't do much juice at all this week and that's the main way I take my oil...and my yolks. I've also been totally obsessed with banana chips! I love them. They're not sulphured just sugar, coconut oil and in some honey and/or "natural banana flavoring". Could any of these (banana chips + no oil + no yolks) also have contributed to my recent break out?

I've also been using a LOT of castor oil on my face. I was just puting it on at night and it seemed to really help calm my skin but this past week I've been puting it on during the day to too. Would this have any adverse affects?

My skin was so bad last night that I gave my self a facial steam (filtered water and a little Dr. Bronners pepermint soap) then a mud mask followed by a little Volvic and coconut oil. I also took some OJ with two heaping table spoons of OO and two egg yolks before I went to bed EARLY. It's calmed down a little bit. This morning a just "washed" my face with the Volvic from my spray bottle and applied a little coconut oil. We'll see how it goes...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

zenibee wrote:I've also been totally obsessed with banana chips!
Thats a big no-no. They definately make you break out.
Where did you get the idea that they are included in this diet???
Putting oil on your face does not make you break out.
My skin was so bad last night that I gave my self a facial steam
All that your skin needs is that you adhere to the diet. Steaming will not help you.
zenibee

Post by zenibee »

OH NO! I thought they were just dried fruit. They don't say fried or baked or anything. Why would they break me out? Maybe it was the banana chips though cuz the way I broke out on my chin like that is the same way I usually break out from chocolate...any connections? Well I guess it's a good thing I already decided to do two more weeks...I'm gonna have to! :oops:
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

zenibee wrote:OH NO! I thought they were just dried fruit.
Hello zenibee :)

Unless the dried fruit says 'Sun-dried' on the package it is usually best to stay clear of the product (until you can test it).
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The banana chips are never sun-dried. You can easily taste it; its like they are fried.
avo

Post by avo »

Where I work we get bulk packages of banana chips to sell. They are first deep-fried in coconut oil and then either sweetened (honey or sugar) or left as-is. There are also dehydrated banana chips, but these are much different, as they are brown and chewy. But they are still not 'sun-dried,' and should be left alone on Wai.