Is my diet OK?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
ychiung
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Is my diet OK?

Post by ychiung »

Hello I appreciate if anyone can help me. I am a 25 year old oriental male 5'7 tall and weighing around 130+ lbs. The reason I'm doing the diet is because of the acne which I have, pretty nasty, around my jawline and neck areas. Other parts of my skin are pretty much well-behaved. That includes my back, chest, and cheeks.

This is my 3rd attempt in the doing the Wai diet. First time, I was on for 5 days then fell sick which forced me to stop temporarily. 2nd time, I was faithful for a week before being tempted due to a long car journey that I had to make. This time I'm quite determined to make it to the 2 weeks mark and possibly longer should this be necessary. I stumbled along the way and now I guess I know my way better to avoid being astray. I learnt from experience I guess.

In the morning, I typically have 2 bananas and some OJ with OO. I make 1L of OJ mixed with 10 tsps of OO. Also 250g of raisins and 4-5 bananas. I eat the bananas and raisins and also take sips of the OJ every 30-45 mins intervals till lunch.

At lunch and beyond, I usually have rockmelon and jackfruit. Also I eat the leftover raisins. I do this every 45 mins to 1 hour and also take OO with the fruits.

In the evening, I have more bananas and possibly an apple and orange followed by OO. Then 3 raw egg yolks.

Most of the time I dont feel hungry but I eat regardless so as to keep me energetic throught the daylight.

Am I doing it right? Can anyone please advise? Thanks.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Is my diet OK?

Post by RRM »

Hi YChiung

It seems ok to me, but are the raisins truly sundried?
Are you a girl? (I ask because you eat only 3 egg yolks)
ychiung wrote:Most of the time I dont feel hungry but I eat regardless so as to keep me energetic throught the daylight.
thats perfect
ychiung

I'm a male

Post by ychiung »

Hi RRM, thanks for ur reply...

maybe I take too little raw egg yolk but I was thinking of experimenting first before increasing the dosage.

Also, somehow, my stomach feels funny...i have very liquid stools but it doesnt seem like diarrhea to me cos i know the symptoms.

when im done, i get this feeling that i havent totally emptied my bowels...

may i ask if anyone is experiencing something like this? what can be done to remove that feeling?

yes the raisins are sundried. i checked them out at their website...www.sunmaid.com. it says 100% natural, no nothing added...so what else can that mean?
RRM
Administrator

Re: I'm a male

Post by RRM »

ychiung wrote:maybe I take too little raw egg yolk but I was thinking of experimenting first before increasing the dosage.
Ok, but its too little if you are a boy. Are you a boy or girl?
my stomach feels funny...i have very liquid stools but it doesnt seem like diarrhea to me cos i know the symptoms.
Thats okay. Your bowels need some time to adjust.
when im done, i get this feeling that i havent totally emptied my bowels...
Thats possible. Nothing wrong with that.
anyone is experiencing something like this? what can be done to remove that feeling?
Its quite normal. Your bowels just need a little time to adjust.
yes the raisins are sundried. i checked them out at their website...www.sunmaid.com. it says 100% natural, no nothing added...so what else can that mean?
"100% natural" does not mean sundried.
"Nothing added" does not mean sundried.
Does it specifically say that their raisins are always sundried?
ychiung

Sun dried or not?

Post by ychiung »

I dug deeper into their webpage and this is what I found:

Sun-Maid has earned its reputation as “America’s favorite” for raisins and dried fruits. The process of making our raisins requires Thompson Seedless grapes – plump and flavorful – and the extended period of drying sun found in California’s San Joaquin Valley.

It takes about 4 ½ pounds of fresh grapes to make one pound of raisins.

Early in the spring, tender blooms appear on the grapevines. If weather cooperates, blooms turn into tiny grape bunches. Growers must irrigate their vineyards to encourage grape development. July is the hottest time of the year in the Valley, with temperatures exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius). The sun and soil work a special magic, turning grapes gradually sweeter. By August, the grapes are plump and full of sweetness.

In the traditional harvest method, ripe grapes are picked and placed on clean paper trays laid beside the vines. Generally, it takes two to three weeks of hot, dry September weather to turn the sweet green grapes into plump, tasty raisins.

During drying, the hot sun bakes the vineyard floor, producing intense ground temperatures that caramelize the sugars in the grapes enough to give California raisins their distinctive flavor and color. Trays are rolled to even-out drying, giving our fruit consistent quality.

Sun-Maid growers continue to look for better ways boost yields and improve raisin quality. Sun-Maid also leads the industry in developing new methods like dried-on-the-vine (DOV) technology, which combines the natural sun-drying process with mechanical harvesting.

To me, there's no question that the grapes are sundried to produce the raisins. I'm now worried whether that amount of drying under hot sun can originate bad protein? Any comments?

In doing Wai's diet, I have cravings for raisins sometimes especially when I'm really hungry and my glycogen depots are empty. The raisins are full of sugar and very tasty too!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I know, they make nice descriptions, but is it true? Are their actual products (raisins) really all produced that way?
If its true, yes, then they are really sundried, and ok.
So, i guess go for it!
ychiung

Well....

Post by ychiung »

Haha...I guess you're right. Unless I know how to make raisins myself, I'm just gonna have to take their word, don't I? I've checked all the brands available and most of them have sulfur as preservative or have glazing agents/oils added. This is about the best I can get.
rischott

Post by rischott »

has anyone experienced sundrying fruits themselves? I will try soon, just difficult to find cheese cloth here in jeju. Any other suggestions?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, i do. Home made dried fruit doesnt give me acne, and my skin is extremely susceptible to the smallest bit of cooked or salty food.
I love the dried bananas, just for munchng.
I like dried tomatoes as well, as they are more salty, and they are perfect for topping a (non-sweet fruit based) salad.

Make sure the temp is not too high. (about 50 degrees celcius)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Errm, I think Rich's question was about actually drying fruits "in the sun"... ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ah, ok... :D
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

How do you go about making sundried fruit not in the sun?
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

<RobertDeNiro>Are you talking to me?</RobertDeNiro>
I use a food dehydrator; mine isnt powerful so that the max temp is about 50 degrees celcius
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Haha.

Cool. Will get one once i get the protein 'set-point' thing sorted.

They do sound great. Especially for fish.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Well, its good for fish if you cant buy fresh fish very often.