Slowly moving back to normal diet. Suggestions?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
ychiung
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Slowly moving back to normal diet. Suggestions?

Post by ychiung »

Hello, has anyone here done the diet for sometime, with some degree of success in ridding their acne, and then move slowly back to a normal diet? Right now, I am 100% Wai in the morning and afternoon but eating a normal asian meal in the evening. I am noticing my skin is still very dry and not breaking out despite breaking the rule.

I also notice that the reason why I am not breaking out as much in my previous problem areas is due to a drastic reduction in skin greasiness. In the past, everytime I brush my palm against my neck areas, I will feel a great deal of oil. Now, the oil is almost all gone...I dont know why but didnt Wai say that the diet will reduce water retention and therefore pinching off of sebum canals and not reduce skin oiliness?

Maybe my acne is caused by a nutrient deficiency which is abundant in oranges/olive oil. Of course, I am happy that I dont have to work as hard to maintain reasonably clear skin but also I would like to know what is causing my acne. Also, I am unsure whether I can maintain a 'half' Wai diet indefinitely without causing the acne to return. Anyone has any input? Thanks.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

All I know is that acne susceptibility is individually different, so what your skin can cope with depends on that. Another factor is the kind of food; some provoke more acne than others.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Slowly moving back to normal diet. Suggestions?

Post by RRM »

ychiung wrote:Hello, has anyone here done the diet for sometime, with some degree of success in ridding their acne, and then move slowly back to a normal diet?
If you had acne on a normal diet, get rid of it by doing the 100% Wai and then go back to the normal diet, you will have acne again. Unless your hormone metabolism has changed in the meantime (which is possible if you are a teenager).
What you need to find out is HOW MUCH cooked food / salt etc your skin can cope with without breaking out. And that is why we created the sample diet; first you eliminate the acne, and then you try to find how much your skin can cope with without breaking out.
And that is what you are doing now...
I also notice that the reason why I am not breaking out as much in my previous problem areas is due to a drastic reduction in skin greasiness. In the past, everytime I brush my palm against my neck areas, I will feel a great deal of oil. Now, the oil is almost all gone...I dont know why but didnt Wai say that the diet will reduce water retention and therefore pinching off of sebum canals and not reduce skin oiliness?
Excessive oil production is a reaction to pinched off sebum canals; to counteract dehydration of the skin (due to distracting water from the outer skin to the true skin).
So, yes, eliminating the pinching off of sebum canals counteracts dehydration, and this will result in a decrease in oil production (if excessive oil was produced).
Maybe my acne is caused by a nutrient deficiency which is abundant in oranges/olive oil.
Huh?
If that was true, acne would be eliminated by taking vitamin pills.
Not.

I would like to know what is causing my acne.
We already explained that, at length.
I am unsure whether I can maintain a 'half' Wai diet indefinitely without causing the acne to return.
Thats not easy indeed, as you first need to find out how much your skin can cope with, which is a process of trial and error.
Luckily you know where to turn to when your skin breaks out (the 100% wai)
ychiung

Post by ychiung »

Hello, I am doing very well here. My skin has never been clearer since the past 2 years. My condition has gone from 4-5 cystic acne per day, to 1-2 whiteheads/blackheads per week. I think with the progress I am seeing, 100% acne free skin is within reach.

Some changes I made to my diet: evolving from 100% Wai to 50% and now probably less. I took 1 normal non-Wai meal per day, with continued subdued acne and now the occasional non-Wai at all. Regardless of whether I follow the strict Wai diet or not, I always eat at less 5-6 oranges and 100ml of OO per day. At present, the decreased sebum production continues, which is a big factor in keeping my acne under control.

I cannot explain it but dirty protein probably wasnt a cause in my acne. The key is possibly a hormonal imbalance. I think in my case, a lack of the essential fatty acids, Omega 3 and 6 which are abundant in OO. Being an Asian, I know our diet consists a lot of pork, fowl, eggs, animals fats, etc a lot of those unhealthy stuffs. It is really unusual for an Asian in my part of the world to consume OO. I read somewhere that Omega 3 and 6 helps regulate hormones and therefore by consuming OO, I keep my skin less oily?

Anyhow, I was shocked to find that 100ml of OO contains 900 Kcal of energy?? This is already almost half the caloric intake for a person of my age, sex and size. Before, I used to gulp down 250ml of OO without much thought. Now I am afraid taking OO will cause me to gain weight?

I am happy where I am. I am sort of in between...I dont have to be 100% strict but still want to incorporate some Wai aspects in my diet. I like my oranges and OO but my main concern is eating too much calories. I would like to eat one or one and one half of non-Wai diet....consisting of boiled rice, some cooked protein like fish or chicken, stir fried veges and of course salt and spices. I know its very bad...but I'm asian and food is part and parcel of my culture. This portion of my diet will cost probably 1000-1200 calories.

Then, 5 oranges and some OO...how much I dont know. Also I like the raw eggs and I want some of those too. How much calories am I taking? I hope someone with experience can tell me. I am 5'7, 62 kg, asian male. I estimate my caloric requirement probably 2200-2500 Kcal range.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

ychiung wrote:My condition has gone from 4-5 cystic acne per day, to 1-2 whiteheads/blackheads per week.
First you need to clear your skin 100% before you can go to a less strict version of the diet, because that is the only way to know how much your skin can cope with.
Now, whenever you get a new spot, you dont know what causes it.
At present, the decreased sebum production continues
How do you know that this is the case?
I cannot explain it but dirty protein probably wasnt a cause in my acne.
There is also salt, spices and hormones.
Going less strict (regarding diet) is not going to solve that.
I think in my case, a lack of the essential fatty acids, Omega 3 and 6 which are abundant in OO.
Not omega 3.
You need raw fish for getting lots of them.
If you think your problem is caused by a lack of omega 3, you should go 100% strict Wai with raw fish daily.
taking OO will cause me to gain weight?
If you take too much, yes.
If you dont take too much, no.
How much calories am I taking?
Use the nutrient calculator:
http://www.waidiet.com/nutrients/waicalcsimple.html