Hi! Is this diet OK to try and beat acne?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
fictor
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Hi! Is this diet OK to try and beat acne?

Post by fictor »

Hi.

I am very sorry, but this is going to be a quite long post :)

First of all, hi to all of you!
I am a young man (21 years old) and have batteled with acne since I was about 13 years old. When I was 16 I started on my self designed diet, which made me a lot better, regarding the acne. My diet consisted of eliminating several foods, such as all diary products, all refined sugars, wheat and some other foods that an allergy test showed I was allergic too (this includes soy, peas, beans and peanuts). I also stopped smoking and limited drinking alcohol to no more than once a month.

My diet was limited to rye-bread, oat-cereals, fruits, vegetables, chicken, fish, some red meat and a lot of nutritional supplements.

This diet has kept the acne at low level, but certainly did not cure this horrible condition.

Now, only a few weeks ago, I read the ebooks "acne cured" and "how I cured my acne in 3 days". A lot of it made sense to me. I eliminated ALL fried foods from my diet, all red meat and all foods containing chemicals such as preservatives. This made my skin clear up even more.

Now, allmost acne free, hungering for a TOTAL acne free life, I stumbeled upon the Wai-diet online. I cold turkied all of my vitamin and mineral supplementation and decided to do a 100% strict 2 weeks sample diet (my egg yolk and fish consumption will be low, because it is hard to get sushi around where I live, and I am not too sure if raw egg yolks are really good for you. The "acne cured ebook says its not, and that one should limit egg-consuming to 3 eggs a week).

After the sample diet, I will continue to eat fresh fruits, avocado-tomato-cucumber-chives-OO salads, some raw fish and posibly egg yolks. I will also add vegetables (it seems unlikely to me that humans living as colectors and hunters would not stumble upon the occasional carrot, cabbage or lettuce), alfalfa sprouts and maybe some full grain oat and rye (this will be very limited though). I will also take wheatgrass, barley grass and oatgrass juice, as well as spirulina and chlorella. As a final suplement I will take pro-biotics (Vita Biosa and capsules that I empty into a glass of water)

My daily intake would be something like this (after the two weeks of strict sample diet):

Breakfast: Fruits and/or green superfood juices (grass juice and/or algae)

Second breakfast: The same as above, or a Wai-salad (the avocado, tomato, cucumber, chives olive oil-thing)

Lunch: Either a salad that I buy at work (assorted vegetables, no salt, olive oil and lemon juice for dressing) or a bowl of oat-flakes (the lest
prepared kind) with olive and coconut oil and lemon juice.

Dinner: Wai salad, possibly with eggyolks or raw fish.

In addition to all this I will be eating fruits and avocado whenever I feel like it (I aet A LOT) and the days I work out I will eat something protein rich after the workouts, but I will try to eat just the protein I need to build muscle and not more than that.

Any thoughts on this diet? Any suggestions?
Christina

Post by Christina »

Make sure you eat enough. Otherwise, you can loose a lot of weight on this diet. Eat more fruits and fruit juices with olive oil. But not, if you don't have problems with weight.
The algea and green powder is also not allowed on the diet and it is recommended to do the diet to the point for two weeks, in order to find out if it does work. And then to reintroduce other foods and getting a better idea how they affect our skin.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Thanks for the reply Christina.

I am absolutely planning to do the diet 100% to its point for at least two weeks.

Then, I will , if the diet really cleared my skin, reintroduce separate foods. If
it does not however clear my skin, I will simply switch to the other diet
I described, which is like a combination of the Wai diet and a regular
"stone age diet", which contains more vegetables and allows algae and
grass juices.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The two weeks period is very tentative, only set because most people show significant changes within that period. It does not, however, mean that after two weeks everyone will be acne-free. For some it might take months or even a year. So the advice is: stay on the Acne Sample Diet until your skin is acne-free. Only after that start to experiment. :)
fictor

Post by fictor »

Yeah, I think you are right Oscar, thanks for the tip!

As I am seeing amazing improvement after only 2 days I think I will in
fact stick to this diet until my skin is completely free of this horrible
horrible disease, and even wait until it has been clear for a little while
before doing any major experimentation.

The things I really want to add to my diet after a while:

Spirulina, chlorella, wheatgrass, barleygrass and alfalfa sprouts
(dried at 31 degrees celcius, so it really cant count as "heated" food)

Raw fish that has been frozen (I refuse to risk parasites, and will not
eat hatchery-fish because of hormones and antibiotics)

Vita Biosa. A fermented brew of herbs, with lots of probiotics. Have
been researched a lot in Denmark, and seemingly have a lot of benefits.

Some raw vegetables, including broccoli, carrots, alfalfa, fermented cabbage (sauerkraut)sprouts and onions.

Any thoughts on which of these food items that might not be too bad?
Christina

Post by Christina »

The Wai diet doesn't include any of those foods because they contain anti nutrients that are toxic for our body. Healing is more about leaving out the foods that contain anti nutrients than what you are eating. Whereas they both are important. I'm sure you've taken these foods and like them. But you seem to get better results eating Wai foods. So why would you want to include them. Because you believe in your mind, that they are so great. Those products are hyped a lot. It's a huge business, natural supplements. But it's your choice. It's just not allowed on Wai except as a future munch food.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Christina: I know they are not a part of the Wai diet, and I know
supplements are hyped. Not all the foods I want to add are
supplements though.

It is mostly because I think the Wai diet, in the long run, will not
supply all the nutrients one needs.

Also I am a amateur bodybuilder/fitness trainer, working as a
personal trainer, so I REALLY do not want to loose to much
muscle mass! Actually I want to gain more muscle! And of
course I can just eat more egg yolks instead of adding other
protein foods to my diet, but it just does not seem likely
to me that man is intended to eat like 10 egg yolks a day!
No way one was able to find that many eggs every day
in the stone age!

At the moment I am experimenting with the Wai diet, and so war I am AMAZED by the way it seems to heal acne, but I am concerned about
my general health if I continue this diet for a long time, so I probably
will try to develop a diet that looks more like a homo optimus diet,
except raw. If this does not give me acne of course.

But, I will continue on the Wai diet to remove all the acne first, and
then consider other options.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The 'optimal' diet is one where you give your body what it needs, and avoid what harms it. So if your body gets all it needs, adding anything else can only make it worse. If you're concerned about losing muscle mass you'll have to experiment with the amount of protein (when acne-free). Getting all the amino acids (esp. methionine) is more important than the amount.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:it just does not seem likely to me that man is intended to eat like 10 egg yolks a day!
You can eat some eggs and some raw fish as well (eventually as much as you need to meet your protein requirements). That doesnt seem unnatural to me.
I am concerned about my general health if I continue this diet for a long time
Ive been doing this diet since 1995 / 1996, and im in perfect health. Im never ever sick, energetic, sleep well, feel well and look well.
I probably will try to develop a diet that looks more like a homo optimus diet, except raw. If this does not give me acne of course.
Thats a good plan; first totally eliminate your acne, and then experiment to find out what exactly you can eat without getting acne again.
When you start experimenting, do it thoroughly, so you that you know 100% sure whats safe for you, and whats not. To do so, you should add only one specific 'munch food' (the one you like best or 'need' most) to your diet in at least one, or better, 2 weeks. It needs to be the only and same munch food every day, so that you get to know its exact effects on your skin.
If that appears to be a succes, you can add another one.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Thanks for the tip RRM, I think that is the best way to develop my
diet, by first getting 100% acne free, and then do some
very to thorough experimenting.