How does one get rid of blackheads?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
spring
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How does one get rid of blackheads?

Post by spring »

Does Wai's diet get rid of blackheads? I don't suffer from acne but I have these blackheads on my nose. They are very prominent in this location and are quite unsightly. Makes my nose look like a strawberry with black seeds close up --- ugh! I've had them for a long time, since my 20s and I have never been able to get rid of them. I've tried those nose strips and they are really bad for the skin, I don't want to use them again. I've tried squeezing out the blackheads - once again this method is harsh on the skin. And even though with each of these methods I managed to expel some blackheads, ugly big pits were left behind and in no time, these became filled with blackheads again.

It's just my nose I repeat I have the problem. I have large pores generally as well which I don't care about - my skin is generally OK - it's just the nose skin that looks terrible - especially close-up.

What's the cause of blackheads? Why are some people prone to them? Why do they occur in some people on the nose? How does the diet assist? Are there any supplemental (gentle) methods to get rid of them?

I also tried steaming in a beauty shop once but this didn't help. I am not one to really do much for my face: I wear no makeup and wash my face once a day with water, no soap, that's it - I don't put moisturizer or anything on my face.
libellula

Post by libellula »

Hi,

Got this from Wai's book:

Blackheads

Blackheads do not cause acne. A blackhead can only originate if the sebum made it through the sebum canal; if the sebum canal was not blocked. Spots originate when sebum canals are pinched off.

Blackheads only originate if the passage of sebum is slow, but not blocked. If the sebum canal is not blocked, newly produced sebum 'pushes' the blackhead out of the skin. You should only stimulate this process if the sebum canals are not blocked; if not, then squeezing causes inflammations. If you have a zit somewhere, there definitely is some pinching off of sebum canals.

So only remove blackheads when you are sure the sebum canals are not pinched off. (your skin has to be totally free from acne) First take a shower or steam bath so you can either wash it off using a soft washing-glove or with the use of a Kleenex; remove with the use of soft pressure only - not by squeezing.

I think what interests you is the last part... Hope this helps!!
Good luck!!

-Libellula

ps: lucky you!! I've had your same problem for years but I also suffer from acne, so I can't do anything about it but just wait and see if the diet can reduce them, hopefully.. :( But hopefully it will help! :P
spring

Post by spring »

Thanks for the advice, libellula. I am going to stay on Wai's diet a bit longer until my skin is really clear and then try that suggestion. It would be really great to get rid of blackheads once and for all.
libellula

Post by libellula »

You're welcome spring!
Good luck!

-Libellula