wai diet, acne + surgery?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
MariaLinn
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

wai diet, acne + surgery?

Post by MariaLinn »

Hey! :) This might be an unusual question but it would be VERY helpful to me to hear your knowledge or even just guessings on it.

How do you think the skin would react during the healing-process of surgery? Im not talking about the kind of surgery where you lay in bed for weeks but the lighter kind (like breastaugmentation) where after a couple of hours you are up moving again and basically are able to eat right after youve woken up. The surgery itself takes only a few hours and there is fasting on the evening before so i guess itll be like a late breakfast and some stress on the body cause of the narcosis.

BUT the thing im more concerned about is the time when the scarrs are healing - if that will cause the body to release a lot of stresshormones (all the time during the healingprocess 1 week or so), breaking down protein and causing a huge breakout.

To put it in acne-prone-perspective: now with 100% samplewai my skin is all clear and beautiful, but just as "little" as a package of cookies(250g) is a disaster for it. So to sumb up:

- Do you think the surgerys effect on the body is worse, acnewise, then say eating alot of munchfood (like the 250g of cookies)?

- What would you guess is more stressing on the body; the narcosis, the fasting before/during op or the healing process the following week? (Or maybe is neither of them as stressing, acnewise, on the body as I think?)

- Is there anything I can do to help my body and minimize a breakout?

- Should I increase my energy intake so that its about 3-500 kcals more then my usual intake? (to 'help' my body from stress-hormones cause of healing)

- Should I increase or decrease my protein intake during healing process?

- Should I try to be as inactive as I can or should I be active? (They do say that walks help healing process)

- Would my body feel it was less stressfull if I weighed more at the time of op? (Since according to those wierd bmi stats I am 'underweight' now 173.5 cm, 54kg)

Guessings on this? Knowledge? Please share! :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I would think that the healing process would be better now. About the other things I wouldn't dare to venture a guess. ;)
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Ah well thats great to hear! Since I really feel this is my bodys most feel-good weight :) (despite what bmi-stats say)

Thanks!

No, i guess its really hard to even speculate on the rest, maybe the 'stress effects' from a surgery and recovery is somewhat comparable to when youre sick or something...

And it does seem kindof silly to worry about a breakout when youre actually gonna let somebody cut you open. :roll: But when youve spent SO much time and suffering in acne cyst-hell and managed to get rid of it and the red-spot-scarrs you(well I atleast ;D) become almost panicked about them evil stubborn things returning, even if its just a breakout, they distroy ones whole appearance and confidence.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well at least now you know what to do. :)
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Yep, eat lots of fruits and pray to god. ;D
No, the doctor actually said today that the stress on the body is much smaller than one would think, yey! and that there is always antibotics to shove down ones throat if there are any stressful healing complications (rare). So Im really really relieved. :)
RRM
Administrator

Re: wai diet, acne + surgery?

Post by RRM »

MariaLinn wrote:How do you think the skin would react during the healing-process of surgery?
Not, unless you are fed intravenously.
the thing im more concerned about is the time when the scarrs are healing - if that will cause the body to release a lot of stresshormones
No, the healing is not a stress-hormone increasing factor.
No worries, nothing needs to change.
Walking is ok, of course.
- Would my body feel it was less stressfull if I weighed more at the time of op? (Since according to those wierd bmi stats I am 'underweight' now 173.5 cm, 54kg)
Yes, if you have more bodyfat, there is less risk of converting body protein into fatty acids.
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Thats wonderful :D thanks!

But I just now red some threads on the old board about antibiotics that really made my mood sink... That you have to stop eating raw animal protein for atleast 1-2 weeks after having antibiotics :? Now that will certainly mess things upp, since they will be pumping antibiotics in my system during surgery to prevent infections, damnit...

So, even If I get the antibiotics one time like that during surgery only, I still have to wait 1-2 weeks after that before raw animal food consumption?

If so, or if there would be some kind of healing complications for me forcing me to stay on antibiotics, what would then be the least harmful proteinsource or non-raw animal meat to substitute with? Cooked eggs maybe?(cooked so that the yolk is still moist?) And since the proteinquality in cooked stuff is lower, how much eggs(or whatever is best to have as a substitute) would be the minimum ammount if one cant get ahold of unshelled nuts?

Or could one just try to have very small ammounts of super fresh raw yolks and se if maybe my body can handle it despite the antibiotics, whats the worst that could happen? Since everyone is different... *stubbornly hopeful* :roll: ;D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MariaLinn wrote:they will be pumping antibiotics in my system during surgery to prevent infections, damnit...
Thats less invasive than when you take antibiotics for many months.
So, even If I get the antibiotics one time like that during surgery only, I still have to wait 1-2 weeks after that before raw animal food consumption?
No, but you do have to 'build it up' again; first taking only one teaspoon of resh raw egg yolk / fish a day, for 3 days. Then 2 teaspoons / day for 3 days and so on.
if there would be some kind of healing complications for me forcing me to stay on antibiotics, what would then be the least harmful proteinsource or non-raw animal meat to substitute with?
Its hard to say, as acne is acne. Pork would be the worst, but other than that i cant recommend anything.
Cooked eggs maybe?(cooked so that the yolk is still moist?)
No, if your defense system has been weakened by the antibiotics, you need to avoid the risk of infection.
And since the proteinquality in cooked stuff is lower, how much eggs
If you dont fry the food, protein quality does not decrease that much; maybe up to 40%. (just an estimate)
Or could one just try to have very small ammounts of super fresh raw yolks and se if maybe my body can handle it despite the antibiotics, whats the worst that could happen?
Exactly. but start with very small amounts.
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Great to hear, thanks!
Ill make sure to get a careful start on my raw protein intake then :)

But as Im doing this 2 tsp/yolk a day start and so on do I have to supplement with some cooked protein as well to get enough? Or can the body very well cope with getting a temporarily very low amount of (raw)protein(only) for a short period of time, breakoutwise? (considering im not eating any nuts either)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MariaLinn wrote:Or can the body very well cope with getting a temporarily very low amount of (raw)protein(only) for a short period of time, breakoutwise? (considering im not eating any nuts either)
Yes, because it doesnt take that long; you are doubling your intake every 3 days.
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Great! thanks :)
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

I bump this topic because I have a question regarding acne and surgery: I have a friend who went under surgery and the next day, his skin was much better, many of the zips he had, disappeared.
What would be the reason? Was it because of one of the anesthetizing substances?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I dont think there can be any lasting effects.
One is not supposed to eat prior to surgery, and maybe he did not feel like eating afterwards.
Not eating anything definitely helps to eliminate pimples.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

I know it's temporary, pimples came back the next day.
But pimples can't disappear that fast? I think there was a blood transfusion, could it be that?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: But pimples can't disappear that fast?
Sometimes they can, depending on the type.
I think there was a blood transfusion, could it be that?
I doubt it.
I think its not eating.