Wai - vitB5 - Accutane

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
MariaLinn
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wai - vitB5 - Accutane

Post by MariaLinn »

Hey! I love the diet and im never ever going off it but there are still things I cant do that I really love and miss, without breaking out. Like working out or running or even taking a fast walk for an hour or so, just cant do it without geitting a breakout. This is even if Im on the 100%strictsamplediet, sad to say.

This kills my wellbeeing to not be able to be as active as i used to be just for my skin to stay clear. So I have been thinking about starting vitamin b5 alongside with the waidiet to see if that helps.

Alot of people experience a huge worsening in their acne in the beginning of b5. But what do you think? will theese initial breakouts happen even if one is on the 100%samplediet? B5 decreases the sebum production, from what I know that is the way it eliminates acne. So maybe the reason people break out in the beginning of it is because the b5 chocks the system making it produce alot more sebum at first. And if this is the case then there would be no initial breakouts if one is on wai at the time. :) (wishful thinking?)

OR maybe Im completly dreaming now because I want it to be this way. Maybe the skin retains water as well in the beginning, as some kind of reaction to the b5, causing the initial breakouts...

What do you think, even if you are just guessing, is there a chance in hell ill get away with no initial big breakouts? Ive waited so long for my skin to look this good without red marks, so the last thing i want is starting all over again. :D

And then there is the issue about vitamin b5 causing other b vitamin deficiencies. And ive heard people taking dubbledoses of the other b vitamins just to correct this. How necessary would you think this is when on wai?
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

oh marialinn that sucks that you can't even exercise without breaking out!!! that must be really hard on you as an active person. i'm assuming that it happens b/c your blood sugar doesn't stay stable when exercising - and that you're just really sensitive to that. but exercise is supposed to help with insulin resistance - bit of a catch 22... have you already given sipping juice while exercising a good try? taking supplements is really hard to do well - you need an expert helping you with it, otherwise its kinda stabbing in the dark. but yes taking just one vitamin can cause an imbalance. i hope someone else has some more info for you on that though. good luck to ya!! take care :)
RRM
Administrator

Re: Wai + vitB5 - initial breakouts?

Post by RRM »

MariaLinn wrote:working out or running or even taking a fast walk for an hour or so, just cant do it without geitting a breakout. This is even if Im on the 100%strictsamplediet, sad to say.
Did you try not working out, running etc. during a few weeks?
If not, then you cannot be sure of a correlation.
So I have been thinking about starting vitamin b5 alongside with the waidiet to see if that helps.
that doesnt make sense.
First you need to determine whether you can be 100% acne free on the 100% strict diet by eliminating all possible causes. And if you think its running/working out (i think its not), then eliminate that remporarily.
Are you sure that everything else you do is 100% strict Wai?
Alot of people experience a huge worsening in their acne in the beginning of b5. But what do you think? will theese initial breakouts happen even if one is on the 100%samplediet?
Sure thats possible.
(wishful thinking indeed)
the last thing i want is starting all over again.
then dont and try to figure out whats going on right now.
What do you eat exactly?
Are you diabetic?
clementine

Post by clementine »

I also love to exercise and I have noticed that since I started again my skin seems to have worsened! RRM, I don't really understand why this would happen. Is it because of the fluctuation of blood sugar levels?
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

claireelis wrote:oh marialinn that sucks that you can't even exercise without breaking out!!! that must be really hard on you as an active person. i'm assuming that it happens b/c your blood sugar doesn't stay stable when exercising - and that you're just really sensitive to that. but exercise is supposed to help with insulin resistance - bit of a catch 22... have you already given sipping juice while exercising a good try? taking supplements is really hard to do well - you need an expert helping you with it, otherwise its kinda stabbing in the dark. but yes taking just one vitamin can cause an imbalance. i hope someone else has some more info for you on that though. good luck to ya!! take care :)
I know It really does... And I think your theory is a VERY good one and thanks for your clever advices, Ive tried them all many times before :) but sad to say the bloodsugar thing is not the case for me. I have rosacea tendencies in my skin and whenever I excercise(go running for instance) the bloodflow and movement heats the body up causing my skin in my face to swell. Having the same effect on my acne as if I were to eat say a box of 250 grams of cookies, leaving me with a breakout of 6-8 painful zits or cysts ans a bunch of small ones withing the following 48 hrs. Weight training does the same thing. The only period in my life where ive been able to workout without problems was after my accutane cure when I was a teenager and when I was on antiboiotics for a long time a while ago. Thanks Im gonna need it! kindof climbing the walls right now beeing this inactive :lol:
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

RRM, I have not been runnig, taking fast walks or working out regulary for years, because whenever I start It makes my acne 100 times worse. Even when I was on antibiotics at the end of that cure I could walk some but not run or work out.

I cleared my acne withing the first 2 weeks of this wonderful diet months ago and since week 4 then started to experiment with walking/running, no munchfoods, but the breakouts came, cleared my face 2 weeks and tried again but broke out - repeated this many times. Then after a while I gave up the walking/running and tried 1 different munch item(cookies, choklate etc) each week but found out that I cant eat anything outside the sample diet if i want 100% clear skin, wich doesnt bother me, so I stopped trying. The last time I ate outside the diet was about 1,5 months ago (veggies, sugar drinks, hard boiled candy etc, wich didnt make me break out btw) after that came a period when I tried eating wai but with fat and fruits seperate for some weeks (didnt break out at all) And theese past weeks Ive been eating 100% strict sample, trying again with the walks and the running each time I was completly clear but always resulting in the same thing; 6-8 painful cystic zits on my chin and jawline plus a bunch of small ones on my cheeks and nose within 48 hrs. This has always been a problem for me since i stopped weight training years ago because of the acne. (And everyone else I know gets better skin when they stop training.)

For the past month:

yolks/fish+homemade fruitjuice that I make
apple+oil
banana+oil
cucumber,tomatoe,chives + oil
pear+oil
banana+oil
avocado+chives (+yolks/fish)
nectarine+oil
pear+oil
avocado

The ammount of every meal is the recommended 2gcarb+1gfat now and the cal intake is 22-2400 (the fruit in every meal is not always singularis) and I am not diabetic, dont have bloodsugar sensitivity, always rest after animal food, dont have problems with digestion, sleep enough, dont stress, wash my face as the sample diet rules says, not gaining or loosing weight, eat no dried fruits, no nuts etc.

Reading up on b5 I find that its most likely to mild for me and Accutane is probably my only rescue, but damn it I really dont want too... :?
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

clementine wrote:I also love to exercise and I have noticed that since I started again my skin seems to have worsened! RRM, I don't really understand why this would happen. Is it because of the fluctuation of blood sugar levels?
I know, its a bitch isnt it! :D And it seems to be a common problem since it happens to everyone I know too, specially men that weighttrain (even the ones I know who dont take protein supplements, kreatin, steroids or anthing) so maybe its because of a combination of increased sebum production and blood cirkulation making the body warmer? elevated hormone levels due to excercise? Thats what a dermatologist told me a long time ago, but im unsure :?

Do you get worse acne from all types of excercise? weights, running etc
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MariaLinn wrote:theese past weeks Ive been eating 100% strict sample, trying again with the walks and the running each time I was completly clear but always resulting in the same thing; 6-8 painful cystic zits on
I never heard this before from people on this diet.
So far, nobody else reported such a correlation, but hey, we are all different of course, so there must be something very specific to your situation.
For the past month:

yolks/fish+homemade fruitjuice that I make
what kind of juices do you make?
Accutane is probably my only rescue, but damn it I really dont want too... :?
Why would you want to take Accutane, as its very harmful...
So that you can exercise?
You dont need running, maybe there is some level or type of exercise that your skin can cope with?
How fast can you walk without breaking out?
it seems to be a common problem since it happens to everyone I know too
No, you cannot find such a correlation when there are so many other factors involved. Only if you manage to totally clear your skin (as you did), then you can find correlations. Thats not true for 'everyone i know'.
Is it?
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Thanks for trying to help me figure out this wierd problem. :? And im very glad that you havnt heard of this problem from others on this diet, that its not a common thing, since excercise is something that gives many people so much wellbeeing...

The juice I make I make of apple in a juicer (no blender), and then I mash down a banana into it so it becomes like a gel sometimes, wich i eat right before eating the yolks.

And as you say there are alot of other factors in other peoples life that can effect acne. But still, training (weights and high intense interval cardio) does increase testosterone right, and therefore sebum, so isnt it logical that non wai-eaters, the ones with little or much acne prone skin, will get worse skin from training since they have the waterpressure in their skin?

I dont need excercise on this diet no, and the non excercise lifestyle is a 100 times easyer for me to live and enjoy now than it ever was when I didnt eat this way wich is wonderful. But still its just a part of me that I feel its so hard to live without because it makes me feel so good, my whole wellbeeing is just so lövely when I get to have excercise in my life. Now I can maximum walk like slow shopping tempo with alot of stops, but not an ordinary fast walk for an hour to the store for instance, its extremly frustrating. It makes my skin so much more oily the following 24-48hours, compared to when I dont excercise then my skin is not oily at all.

No, really dont want to do Accutane, and if I could only find someway to be able to excercise or atleast run and walk while on this diet without breaking out that would be heaven. But im clueless... :?
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

B-Rad wrote:yeah exercising definitely jacks up your hormones. When I had acne problems I noticed i was more prone to breakouts when i was stressing out, lifting or having sex/masturbating.

If you live near california or have cash to spend they are opening clinics that offer new procedures which destroy your sebaceous glands. More effective than acne and permanent with no side effects
Yess big stress is a breakout factor for me to, crying as well. However I dont experience any breakouts from sex, wierd, maybe im doing it wrong :lol:

Thanks for the tip that would have been great to try if it wasnt for the fact I live all the way over in freezing little Sweden, grr.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MariaLinn wrote:The juice I make I make of apple in a juicer (no blender), and then I mash down a banana into it so it becomes like a gel sometimes, wich i eat right before eating the yolks.
How is that done? the mashing in, i mean?
But still, training (weights and high intense interval cardio) does increase testosterone right,
Yes.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1719 ... d_RVDocSum
and therefore sebum, so isnt it logical that non wai-eaters, the ones with little or much acne prone skin, will get worse skin from training since they have the waterpressure in their skin?
Yes, but much less in wai-eaters, though there may also be some direct water-pressure increasing effect of the testosterone...
As far as i know, the lower the intensity of the activity, the less the increase in testosterone, so that you have to find the level that serves you right.
It makes my skin so much more oily the following 24-48hours, compared to when I dont excercise then my skin is not oily at all.
There is nothing wrong with oily; it protects your skin.
im clueless... :?
Is there a level of physical activity that gives you an oily skin, but not acne?
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

RRM wrote:
MariaLinn wrote:The juice I make I make of apple in a juicer (no blender), and then I mash down a banana into it so it becomes like a gel sometimes, wich i eat right before eating the yolks.
How is that done? the mashing in, i mean?
The mashing-in of the banana is done as: I just pour the fruitjuice in a small bowl first then put a banana into it and press a fork through the banana 3 times, carefully not to damage any protein, then stir in the yolks gently and eat it all with a spoon.
Is there a level of physical activity that gives you an oily skin, but not acne?
If i were to pick an excercise level i can do without breaking out then I would have to stick with only shopping-cardio (wich is already distroying my bank account ;)) , that means only slow slow walking with lots and lots of stops. Not as satisfying as the a regular walk or run sad to say.

And youre right oil is good of course. Just wanted to put in perspective how severe (?) oil-wise my body seems to react to such a low frequency of excercise as walking :? somewhat wierd to me.

Could I get your input on this as well? I was at my dermatologist and we talked about accutane I said I wanted a LOW dose and she gave me 30mgs a day. But I mentioned the waidiet and her opinion is that i should eat non wai while on accutane because both accutane and wai makes the skin 'thinner' and that was certainly not good accordning to her, that it could cause unessesary scarring and worsen the sideeffects on the skin. (But as soon as I get off accutane I can of course resume wai) I said thinner as in the waidiet removes waterpressure... But does the waidiet really make the skin thinner in a way that could be harmful when on accutane? What do you think or even if you were to just guess/speculate? I dont see dermatologists as all-knowing in acne matters at all, so im unsure about this.

She also said I should do the ammount of excercise that I want to do from now on, despite breaking out. While my thougts are more in the line of continuing wai while on accutane and then slowly putting more and excercise into my life to minimize breakouts. But maybe my skin needs as much seebum as it can get now while on accutane to not take damage, like she said, and both eating non wai and excercise does promote more sebum. But damn im actually really unsure what to do...

She then said that since some people, 10% or so, repport hairloss as an accutane sideeffect and im scared to death to loose hair now that mine has grown out, it would be very good for the hair to eat much more protein then I do, while on accutane. Atleast 2g proteins per kilo bodyweight (110grams/day in my case) she caims, because accutane is rough on the body and accutane patients are therefore given instructions to take vitamin E, D, B, fishoil and loads of protein (proteindrinks too) to prevent hairloss and other sideeffect as much as they can. So how much raw protein would be required, approximatly to be the same ammount as 110 grams of cooked protein? (Since raw protein has better quality im guessing somewhat less)
ychiung

Accutane is toxic?

Post by ychiung »

I read from a website that Accutane is very toxic to the human body.

The websites I read from are:

http://www.natural-acne-solution.com/ac ... fects.html
http://www.sexualtips.net/accutane_affecting_sex.htm

For me, my acne isnt that bad to justify taking Accutane. I think its side effects have not been thoroughly investigated. Is it worth the risk to develop much worse symptoms (which can be permanent and life-long) than acne itself??
B-Rad

Post by B-Rad »

also as a heads up to accutane users i noticed that one of its mechanisms has to somehow be its effect on testosterone levels. For instance while i was on it my aggressiveness and sex drive decreased greatly as well as my ability to maintain muscle. For instance after being off for a while i am able to eat less protein and hold the same amount if not more size and definition as i had before on higher protein. Other users have reported similar effects
MariaLinn

Re: Accutane is toxic?

Post by MariaLinn »

ychiung wrote:I read from a website that Accutane is very toxic to the human body.

The websites I read from are:

http://www.natural-acne-solution.com/ac ... fects.html
http://www.sexualtips.net/accutane_affecting_sex.htm

For me, my acne isnt that bad to justify taking Accutane. I think its side effects have not been thoroughly investigated. Is it worth the risk to develop much worse symptoms (which can be permanent and life-long) than acne itself??
It all comes down to life-quality for me personally, a life where I cant move my body in excercise; running, weights etc or even take a fast walk without breaking out, like I was in highschool or something, is not quality to me. Thats a life where I feel like a very restless, old woman, and im only in my twenties.

Im glad for you that your acne is not that bad. But that also means that you cant even begin to understand how a person who has delt with a more serious persistant type of acne for several years feels, how it has ruined their life. You simply can not put yourself in one persons position, wich youve never been in and felt the tremendous pain of. (And certainly not have opinions on what they should do)

The same goes for the people who keeps posting 'how bad accutane is', trying to get people not to take it, on all the boards where people who have been through the misery ive been through in the past are dying to find a way out of the hell that is ruining their lives. Its like living with this giant depression having a bunch of happy people trying to convince you not to take the only pill that will make you feel better, because it might make you depressed again. People who go on accutane have found that the hell their leaving behind, the acne, is a worse hell then the possibility of the side effects. That should tell something about how far away their situations are from yours and others with mild acne.

Personally, and I know I speak for alot of people with acne, and definatly for the ones with more severe acne then mine; I would 10000 times rather risk depression than staying in depression.

Reading through this i sound angry but thats not my intention :wink: its just that this subject wakes a lot of past emotions in me...