My experience with coconut oil <----- very good

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
Katka
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My experience with coconut oil <----- very good

Post by Katka »

For what its worth, if there is anything I can take away from Wai's site about acne, it is her topical skin recommendations. No, I don't do the pure water on my face, and I engage in vigorous exercise on a daily basis, but I have turned away from glycolic acid, traditional moisturizers, and Walgreens-esque cleansers. This was very scary for me since it is only with diligence and expensive items that I have been able to get my skin at its finest (which is not perfect, ever, I must say)--my goal being consistent coloration, smoothness, and the continuation of my constant battle with blackheads, a fight that I always lose, lose, lose. (I am not quite a pock face and will have the occasional pimple or cluster of pimples--but look closely at my nose and chin, and you'll find a dark army.)

But perfect my skin is quickly getting. As of the past month or so, I switched to just using Burt's Bees cleansers only (composed of like 98% "natural" ingredients), one of their toners, and coconut oil for moisture. This has been the single most effective combo I have ever tried on my skin: blackheads are very much reduced--and for the first time come out with a bit of squeezing--my skin is soft, and I get compliments like "wow, did you have a facial?" without me actually getting the facial. This is music to my ears: I have been known to spend $40, $50, $80 for single products like glycolic lotions, vitamin C serums, traditional sun block, etc., and have in my history have done regular professional facials for $150 each every month. No, I can't afford this. I just really like to have nice skin, or something close to it.

The biggest surprise is the coconut oil. Who wants to rub OIL all over their face? Isn't it oil that clogs us up? Well, no, in my experience. Its almost like now I am getting sufficient moisture (for my combo skin) so that my body isn't having to produce a bunch of it from the inside out. And it has shine! A good shine--vibrant and healthy looking, but not oily to the touch, and rather soft and smooth feeling.

Now, there is a $45 bottle of toner that I used to think I would die without, sitting in my basket of toiletries, unused and half-full. I can't imagine ever going back to it.

Thanks Wai, very much.
clementine

Post by clementine »

Katka,
Thanks very much for the information! It's great to find a skin regimen that you like and I too have constantly spent so much money on expensive washes, moisturizers, and serums to no avail and it's such a waste of money. Are you also doing the Wai diet?
Katka

Post by Katka »

I actually found this site from a raw foodist friend who knew that my recently-gone-raw self was unimpressed by much of the raw information out there. Most of it is WAY too spiritually-based for me, and I prefer a bit more science behind my practices. So, he recommended Wai, and, really, skin was not even a first interest of mine!

But I was intrigued by the logic behind the diet and came away with several things that are now integral to the way I eat. Most focally, is the loads of fruit, which is the bulk of my nutrition. Organes, grapefruits, apples, mangoes, bananas, lemons, limes, avo, tomatoes. I have also stopped blending things up. And for a few weeks I got into raw egg and fish. (I am historically a vegetatian/mostly vegan, so this is still sorta wierd for me to incorporate...I just don't have cravings for these sort of things.)

And I no longer extol protein -- something, as a runner, I used to bend over backwards to consume! -- so, this is a gem of information, I must say. And I eat unshelled nuts, especially brazils. And cold-pressed oo, too, of course.

I was following Wai diet more closely before, but recently added more greens and vegetables, just because I like them. And I've even loosened the vegan and raw thing up some more, and now accept/forgive myself for having dairy and cooked food if among friends and family. (I like the harmony of that and am trying to not be so serious and obsessed about eating, too much of which I think is bad for the soul.)

Anyway, to make a long story short, I don't know how much diet as played a part in my skin. The fact that I am 95% raw (and very Wai) during the week, probably helps to some degree. (The odd occasion for bars and pizza and wine and chips and salsa and vodka tonics on weekends? Probably not so helpful!) Oh, and I like green tea. Never will I give this up, even if it means having cellulite on my forehead.

You should totally give coconut oil a try though, at least topically. Money is best spent on yummy organic food!