can eggs cause acne?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
sabie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

can eggs cause acne?

Post by sabie »

Hi, I found the Wai site 8 days ago and have been reading non stop in addition to changing my diet to follow the basic diet on the site. The thing is, I had clear skin when I started and now I am getting acne. I had mild adult acne in past years but not since my dermo put me on a heavy duty drug about 7 years ago, since then my skin has been so much better, with a few pimples at certain time of the month. But five days into eating raw egg yolks (started with tiny amount and worked up to now one yolk) I am developing red bumps and pimples in several areas of my face. I don't feel them, but they seem to be increasing. I was eating no animal products before and no dairy but way too many carbs from spelt and processed nuts and raw vegtables in additon to a protein/greens drink which I stopped as of yesterday. I'm having a hard time figuring out what I need exactly as I work out a lot and am also on medication I would like to get off of eventually. Could it be the fruit? I was having fruit in my drink (frozen organic berries etc.) but not eating much raw since the summer. I have other issues/conditions which I have had it with and know I need to take these final steps to cleaning up my diet and I don't want the acne to drive me into regressing. I am already eating brazil nuts I am shelling, all fruit except for cukes, some dried fruit, hazelnuts I'm shelling, although I am stuck at what to do about the fish. Fish has so much crap from our disgusting habits, even fish oil. (I am gearing up to eventually just drinking straight from the bottle of olive oil, I'm also using Udo's oil, is this a problem)? But I have to do something or no B12? Any suggestions. I fouind a site that says some fish oils are cleaner/better? Do anyone know of a way to get what you need without the fish? Thanks so much, I was so close but yet so far, I'm so happy I found this site but I can't handle having acne! I'm too insecure about it.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think your body is getting healthier, and getting rid of all the toxic substances in your body. One of the ways is through acne. Give it a bit of time and it will disappear again (if you keep following the diet close enough).

I'm not sure what the consequences of your medication is though.

Nuts can be a 'source' of acne though, so if you're really concerned, you could try not to eat them. But then you would have to compensate with more egg yolks (or fish). I don't think eggs are causing acne.
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

I don't think so too.

Too much protein can cause Acne though (especially in the first half year on the diet).
My suggestion woudl be to keep eating the yolks and even eating more of them... but
for the next few weeks go to the Sauna once a day.
Sauna is wonderful for your skin and general health.
You should eat the protein AFTER the sauna.

and if you feel like it you can work out a bit before the sauna.

This will make you feel better, ease the transition, and eliminate the acne.
promiss...

G.

PS in the sauna I love steaming and taking a cold shower, going back to the sauna and a cold shower again... then resting a bit, cold shower and go home to have meat/yolks/fish...
sabie

Post by sabie »

HI, thanks for the replies. As of today I am eating no nuts just to see but this means I wil have to start eating fish as otherwise I am not going to manage (no meat, chicken for 18 years, no fish for two years and off and on before that). Yes, the meds must be affecting me but my skin was clear before starting this (using cream from dermo though) so I'll try excluding the nuts, the meds I hope to eventually go off of but have to wait as my mental state is not great, and I am worn out from years of this( mental illness).
Regarding the sauna. Part of my being anxious about gettting this eating right is that I work out and am pretty active. I commute to work by bike and it is mostly uphill and I ride my bike most everywhere I go. I work out at the gym. I do a fast stride and good cool down on hill setting on the treadmill 5 times a week for 30 min. at least which really helps me mentally and I work out w/weights sbout 4 times which also helps a lot, especially keeping things "up" and "toned". I have been doing the weights for years so this is no sudden change. I have heard that saunas can cause acne? lololol (I'm at the point where I believe nothing that anyone tells me (exception being the WAI site). We do have a sauna at my gym, I guess I could give it a try. I have been turning the water in my shower to hot, cold and back and forth of late (not too extreme) to give my skin something to think about!
I tend to workout after work as 5:00am is my other choice so I am not getting home till 7:30 pm sometimes.
I thought I would eat my egg yolks when I got to work in the morning as then I know I won't be running around too much and the 3 hours of no eating is easier between breaky and lunch. As I am going to start eating fish can anyone suggest when I should eat this? Again, the 3 hours that you have to wait before eating again concerns me and I have to admit, I am really not sure how to work this.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You could eat the fish when you get home from the workout. I personally feel that 3 hours is too much for me. I tend to observe about 60-90 mins before starting to sip on OJ again. Make sure you get enough sugar energy during your workout.

I don't know what your medication does, so I have to be a bit careful here, but I would stop the meds as soon as you can. They will probably influence your system a lot, and maybe make it more difficult to get back to a healthy state. Then give your body a bit of time to adjust to the new (and healthier) circumstances. :)

Sauna causing acne?? :roll:
sabie

Post by sabie »

lololol, I know, I'm afraid my thought processing is dismal right now. Thanks for the tip about the three hours, eating the fish at night would make sense as it would be after a work out and I would be resting. I guess I could eat it right away so as to leave as much time before bed. I guess breaking out in acne after years is making me edgy so I want to do all the right things.
forgot the positive! My digestive system which had almost shut down from so many carbs is already so much better and I think the added fat is helping me feel better mentally.