Whole Eggs

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
Havas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Whole Eggs

Post by Havas »

Just a quick question. I'm doing the Wai diet (as of tomorrow) to cure acne.

But I'm wondering about eating whole (raw) eggs. I don't think it was really explained why you can't eat the egg white.

Just seems like there's a lot of good stuff in the egg white. And naturally animals ate both the yolk and white. And I guess the real reason, I don't like throwing away the egg white :'(

Since I'm normally too lazy to cook food, my normal breakfast is 3 whole (egg and yolk) eaten raw. I guess with the diet, I'll need to only eat the yolk? And do I have to remove the "egg yolk bag" or can I eat that?
fictor

Post by fictor »

The egg white contains a substance that inhibits the digestion of protein (am I right here?). If coocked, this substance is destroyed, but so is the quality of the protein, so the best thing is to eat only the yolks, raw. The bag tastes no good, and usually contains some egg white residue. Ditch it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, and its not just about the inhibiting properties of avidine and ovomucoid (in the egg white), but also about the (diminishing) influence that raw egg white might (probably) have on your appetite. Eventually, you would increasingly dislike eating the eggs.
To circumvent that, just eat the egg yolks (not the sacks, indeed), which taste delicious.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

I keep my egg whites and poach them later in the day. That way they are cooked when I eat them, obviously as a munch food.

It's not affecting my skin, so why not?

:lol:
B-Rad

Post by B-Rad »

i noticed when i eat whites it gives me somewhat upset stomach and i need to take a big dump soon after. It sometimes gives me rank BO also
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Brazilnuts wrote:I keep my egg whites and poach them later in the day. That way they are cooked when I eat them, obviously as a munch food.

It's not affecting my skin, so why not?
Wow, then you are lucky. For many of us that would be disastrous.