Wai Diet without OO

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
ychiung
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wai Diet without OO

Post by ychiung »

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if the diet can be done without consuming OO? I do eat raw salmon almost daily plus plenty of fruits. I space out my fruit intake so that I do not eat too much at one time. Will this have any significant effect on acne?

I am also eating a bit of whole grain bread to include some complex carbo in the diet. Any comments?
fictor

Post by fictor »

Why would you want complex carbohydrates?

Why do you not want to eat olive oil?
ychiung

Post by ychiung »

Well I found whole grain bread makes me feel "fuller". OO is a bit troublesome for me to consume. I do not like to make juice and so I cant mix it with juice. Also, it looks weird for my colleagues to see me taking sips of OO frequently. And it makes a mess in my locker because of the OO dripping down outside the bottle.

Every now and then, I have to go offshore in my work and it is inconvenient for me to carry a bottle of OO with me. So I thought of doing away with all the hassle and why not get my EFAs from the salmon instead?

But seriously, does consuming OO or not make a real big difference in controlling acne? This is my 3rd time attempting the diet. For the first two attempts, I had been successful in beating acne but I always succumb to temptation and go back to my old ways. Of course, now my acne is back and I'm very sure the diet will work its wonders again but not sure about the OO. I'm convinced the Wai diet is the only natural way to get clear so I'm gonna stick to it this time, no ifs ands and buts.

I'm no newcomer so I understand what I will expect from following the diet. I encountered resistance during the past few days but my body is now slowly settling down. My cravings for cooked foods is reduced and I have no problems eating fruits as the main course. I had stomach discomforts during the past few days but are now slowly disappearing. Today, my company had a party and I was strong enough to resist the temption and reject all those cooked foods. Surprisingly, it was so easy to achieve and I was eating apples instead. In the past, this was impossible and I always gave in with the excuse that there's always tomorrow to start eating Wai.

Right now, my acne is a little worse than when it started but I know, from experience, this is normal. Clear skin always result after the initial flare-ups. This is story so far. I guess I can wait this out and see if it works but I appreciate any inputs or suggestions. Thanks!
fictor

Post by fictor »

Olive oil is not necessary to beat acne. It is though very helpful to stabilize blood sugar, and to make you feel !fuller", as you say you do with the bread.

Why do you not like juice?

You can also use nuts. Eat them with the fruit, it will do the same as the oil, as nuts contains a lot of fat. Be sure to use raw nuts, of course.
ychiung

Havent got raw nuts either

Post by ychiung »

In my part of the world in SEAsia, I cant find raw nuts either. I found packaged nuts of all sorts: peanuts, almonds, hazels, pretzels, brazil, macadamia. I assume these nuts are cooked and therefore contain bad protein.

I dont like to make juice because it is sooo time consuming! Well first I need to peel around 10 oranges then put it in the juicer and then wash up all that mess. I go to work at around 8 am and if I'm juicing I would usually need to wake up at around 5:30 am just to get everything ready on time. Of course, to bring a juicer offshore is out of the question. To me, juicing is simply too troublesome and inconvenient an option.

Besides, by eating the fruit, I am also ingesting the fruit protein and cellulose which helps to slow the release of fruit sugars contained inside the fruit cells. So that has a little stabilizing effect on my blood sugar level.
fictor

Post by fictor »

I see your point when it comes to juiceing. I start early at work too, which indeed makes it incovenient to spend time juicing and washing up the equipment in the morning. You could make the juice in the evening though, storing it in the fridge over night?

Raw nuts can be ordered on the web.
ychiung

Gastric feeling in stomach

Post by ychiung »

Why is it that I get a gastric (sour stomach) feeling and bloating? I tried eating fruits like watermelon to make it go away but the feeling still persists. I was perfectly fine a few days ago but now, the sensation is back and stronger. I thought I got over this but apparently not. Will this lead to gastric trouble if ignored? How can I overcome it? I dont have the craving to eat forbidden foods though. I would like to continue the diet but without the stomach discomfort.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Actually, olive oil might help with the "sour stomach". Is that not right? RRM, Oscar?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It is possible without olive oil, but it means you have to make sure to eat very frequently and very small bites/meals.

The bread i.c. munch food contains lots of fibers, which (esp when eaten close upon the protein) can cause gas/bloating.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

ychiung wrote:... Will this have any significant effect on acne? ...
I am also eating a bit of whole grain bread to include some complex carbo in the diet.
That will probably cause acne. You really need to do this diet 100% right first.
ychiung wrote:Well I found whole grain bread makes me feel "fuller".
Not feeling full (your stomach not filled with fiber) is something you will get used to soon enough.
What is far more important is that you make very sure to have sufficient energy available at all times.
OO is a bit troublesome for me to consume.
Then choose some other oil, like avocado oil or walnut oil.
I do not like to make juice and so I cant mix it with juice.
You can buy 100% freshly squeezed OJ nowadays.
Also, it looks weird for my colleagues to see me taking sips of OO frequently
They will get used to that very rapidly.
You rather like them to stare at your pimples?
And it makes a mess in my locker because of the OO dripping down outside the bottle.
Then you need to find yourself a different bottle, like a coca cola bottle, or one with a straw.
it is inconvenient for me to carry a bottle of OO with me.
Virtually everybody carries some kind of bag or briefcase. You can use that to transport your bottle.
So I thought of doing away with all the hassle and why not get my EFAs from the salmon instead?
Its not about the EFAs when we talk about carrying that bottle with you. Its about the constant availability of sugars / carbs, which is essential to this diet. Without it, the diet will fail on you.
does consuming OO or not make a real big difference in controlling acne?
Its about the oil stabilizing your blood sugar level.
You can u8se a different kind of oil, or simply an OO that has a very neutral smell and taste. (i also dislike 'strong' OOs)
Surprisingly, it was so easy to achieve and I was eating apples instead.
Good for you. Congrats!
first I need to peel around 10 oranges then put it in the juicer and then wash up all that mess
You are using the wrong type of juicer. You need to use a citrus juicer. Makes a lot less mess and its fatser. Also, the other juicer may cause acne (because of the rotating blades = heat on molecular level).
RRM
Administrator

Re: Gastric feeling in stomach

Post by RRM »

ychiung wrote:Why is it that I get a gastric (sour stomach) feeling and bloating?
Like Fictor said, the oil prevents acid reflux and so on (sour stomach).
Bloating may be caused by the extra fiber that you consume now (whole fruits). Using the right juicer will help a lot in that. (the fiber is centrifugated, separated and not consumed instead of cut into pieces and then consumed). The more centrifugated OJ instead of whole fruits is consumed, the less bloating.
ychiung

Skin getting clearer day by day

Post by ychiung »

My skin is now getting clearer each passing day. I'm really not surprised cos I have been through all that already (twice before) and this just serves to prove that the concept of Wai diet is the best natural cure for acne. Of course, I could have chosen to take antibiotics or accutane and take the 'shortcut' but I believe that is just sacrificing short term benefits for long term damage. I'm glad I chose to do it the hard way. Not only is this a holistic and natural approach, it is also the most substainable in the long run.

I'm not following 100% strict diet cos I think I'm already no newcomer. Much of the experimenting have been done in the previous 2 attempts. I know what causes acne in me and what doesn't. I know I can eat rice or wholemeal bread cos I've done it before and my skin stays clear. Its only when I eat prepared cooked foods like curries, fried stuff etc that causes all the problems.

Sigh, so this is the way to go for me now. After the acne gets conquered, the challenge is gone and I guess it now gets pretty boring. But at least, I have one less major worry now: pimply skin!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ha ha, good for you. Im glad you know what works for you.
ychiung

Wai diet lose effectiveness over time?

Post by ychiung »

Hello,

I am just wondering if the diet would lose its effectiveness over time, especially if it is done on and off, like I did?

Ideas anyone?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What can change, is your body; it can become less or more sensitive to water retention, maybe as a result of a change in sebum production.
But, no, the diet has no effect on that.
As a result of changes in your body, you may need to be more strict, dietwise (or there may be less need, of course).