Another attempt

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
Havas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Another attempt

Post by Havas »

Over 6 months ago, my dermatologist assured me that my skin would clear up extremely quickily with the latest course of drugs and regiment. But I still haven't got the results. His latest instructions are to "Wait 3 months and it will definitely improve". So now, for the first time in 5 years I'm completely off all acne medications.

Considering the Wai diet in the past did help me (although not nearly as much as I hoped), I figure another round being a bit more careful with controlling blood sugar can't hurt (and maybe more effective this time, without on meds).

Just a background, my blood tests have shown continual potassium elevations as well elevated protein levels. I will try eat less potasium and hopefully the base protien levels will decrease if I can reduce inflammation.

From a skin perspective I'm dealing with now is: significant redness, dry face, clogged pores, facial flushing and Keratosis Pilaris on the back of my arms, lots of red marks left from acne. The amount of active lessions is minimal.

Over the last months, I've put on a lot of weight too (from 70-85kg) (although it hasn't seemed to have made a change to my acne in the slighest) - but I'll knock that off too.

I'm aiming at 4 egg yolks per day, and meeting my other nutritional requirements with fruit. Any specific changes you think I should be making? I'll post a food diary of the first few days incase I'm making any serious mistakes :)

I think when I last did the Wai diet, I made a few mistakes that prevented me from seeing some of the results you people have.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

I think I am making those mistakes currently.

Also - you might want to wait a while because of the drugs. If you took some antibacterials.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What kind of changes do you mean?
Havas

Post by Havas »

Before I was mainly concerned about only doing Wai foods. But this often meant that I'd have to skip breakfast's and lunches (and sometimes consequatively) -- so this time I want to be far more organized and responsible. Have the days meals all planned out, control my hunger etc..

I've decided to hold off for two weeks, as I want to give my skin some time to get to its "base" levels after having now stopped Accutane/antibotics/topicals. See where that takes me, so I can better separate what is Wai and what is just natural course.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Why did you have to skip breakfasts and lunches?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Another attempt

Post by RRM »

Hi Havas, I remember you, welcome back!
Havas wrote: Just a background, my blood tests have shown continual potassium elevations as well elevated protein levels.
Ouch! :shock:
I will try eat less potasium
That may not help, as it may just be the level that 'your body deems as appropriate; it may be that your body responds by simply increasing the uptake rate or decreasing the output.
Potassium is also an essential mineral, so that it may be unwise as well.
Try to figure out all the possible side effects of too little potassium available for specific organs. I think muscle twitches is one of them; just make sure that what you are doing doesnt have any negative effects.
How are you planning to eat less potassium?
and hopefully the base protien levels will decrease if I can reduce inflammation.
Yes, maybe. Eating very frequently may also have good effects on that.
From a skin perspective I'm dealing with now is: significant redness, dry face, clogged pores, facial flushing
Yes, those all may be the result of the combination of retaining too much water in the true skin, and too little in the outer skin (probably due to elevated protein and potassium levels)
Over the last months, I've put on a lot of weight too[ (from 70-85kg)
That my also partly be due to the anabolic effects of elevated protein levels.
I'm aiming at 4 egg yolks per day,
Thats a bit drastic. Why not 6 egg yolks as a minimum?
Why no fish?