Question about teenage hormones and etc.

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
yahdood
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Question about teenage hormones and etc.

Post by yahdood »

So my skin hasn't been the greatest this past year. Pretty much I always have two active pimples. Getting frustrated with them I finally came across the Wai diet, and I have been on it for about a month (with a few days not too strict). About a week ago I stopped using all products on my face, and to my surprise my skin didn't really worsen at all! But I still am getting my very few breakouts.

RMM, I heard you say in another topic about hormone metabolism changing when you are a teenager, and I think this might be the cause for me.

I was sort of a late bloomer (am 19 years old now), and always had really clear skin up until last year.

Do you think my hormones might just be changing still? And do you think that I will be able to go back to a normal diet once my skin has cleared?

It's all so confusing! All through highschool I ate sooo terribly, and didn't really wash my face at all either! But when I started getting just a few pimples I rushed and started using products. Is it possible that the products have just made my skin worse too?
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Hormones are a crazy thing.You cant see them but you can control them to a point.

My dad had very bad acne - worse then myself but still cystic. He grew out of his around 27 years old - when I was one years old. Now he eats everything and anything and gets like one spot on his back.

Growing out of it is a long shot that might never come, I would pay close attention to diet. Other things like hydration and sleep are key.

Im 24 now and I used antibiotics from 15-17 and used BP cream for years after. Now I dont use nothing but water, but recently Rose water as I have dry skin on my forehead sometimes.

Anyway my point is prevention is always better then a cure (growing out of it) because one day you might have traded one evil for another.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Question about teenage hormones and etc.

Post by RRM »

yahdood wrote: Do you think my hormones might just be changing still?
Yes, they surely do and will.
And do you think that I will be able to go back to a normal diet once my skin has cleared?
Probably not once your skin has cleared due to the diet.
But yes, most people grow out of it (in a couple of years mostly)
, and then you can eat anything.
Is it possible that the products have just made my skin worse too?
Yes, its possible. Lots of people report adverse effects, regarding any treatment.