Farmed Salmon fat?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
summerwave
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

salmon fat

Post by summerwave »

I have read that Americans have on average 5% or more transfats in their body fat due to transfats in their diet. Is this junk science, RRM? That is, the source I read (I cannot retrace my path to find it) seems to say that transfats are "inert," and that the body doesn't know what to do with them, so "stores" them this way (as toxins).

Is this possibly the factor in farmed salmon; or in any commercially-raised animal given transfats in its feed, that upsets your particular metabolism? You've said your body is very sensitive to (and rejects) farmed salmon nowadays, you feel due to its fats.
RRM
Administrator

Re: salmon fat

Post by RRM »

summerwave wrote:I have read that Americans have on average 5% or more transfats in their body fat due to transfats in their diet. Is this junk science, RRM?
no, its true, Europeans are a bit 'behind' on this (about 50 to 60% of that, i believe.
That is, the source I read (I cannot retrace my path to find it) seems to say that transfats are "inert," and that the body doesn't know what to do with them, so "stores" them this way (as toxins).
Exactly.
http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/artific.htm
Is this possibly the factor in farmed salmon; or in any commercially-raised animal given transfats in its feed, that upsets your particular metabolism? You've said your body is very sensitive to (and rejects) farmed salmon nowadays, you feel due to its fats.
Yes, i think that this is the case.
summerwave

farmed

Post by summerwave »

Wow; so whatever raw animal food you eat (other than raw yolks, probably) has probably some transfats if commercially-raised.

(I'm sure it's in a lot of the feeds and if not that, in supplements, as even supplements for humans are loaded with hydrogenated fats like calcium or magnesium stearate).

Wow. So farmed or non-organic fish, beef, lamb, chicken fat that doesn't explicitly state otherwise probably has trans fats.

I'm almost transfixed by the possibility of all the mischief in our wonderful, commercially sourced foods.

It is time to buy a chicken for eggs, and bulk up on brazil nuts!
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

If brazils didnt have such a a poor omega ratio then thats all Id eat. Im very tempted to stop buying fish and just use egg yokes!
summerwave

yolks

Post by summerwave »

I wonder if this finds its way into eggs.

I eat egg yolks (chicken) as well as fresh (unheated/non-heat-processed) fish roe from freshwater fish. The latter are frozen by me for 3-5 days, though they are available for purchase on ice, due to some guessing I am doing about parasite prevention (I'm not sure fish eggs really carry parasites though).

So for both of these-- the chicken eggs organic; the fish eggs from the wild-- I wonder if there is no problem with transfats.
summerwave

why are they doing this to us?

Post by summerwave »

:shock:
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Jodiat, are you under the impression that an ideal omega ratio is 1:1:1? Because I don't think this is true.