Farmed Salmon fat?

Post by Jodiat »

Looking at my fat in the raw farmed atlantic salmon:

Fat 15.7g

Saturated, 2.6g
Mono (omega 7-9) 7.8g
Poly (omega 6) 4.6g
Omega 3, 2.1g

Ok this website http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/finf ... cts/4258/2 same fish.

Fat 13.4g
Saturated, 3g
Mono (omega 7-9) 3.8g
Poly (omega 6) 3.9g
Omega 3 ???

o3 = 2506mg
06 = 982mg

So what I am getting at is could my salmon be causing more inflamtion then its worth and is it better to use Omega3 boosted eggs for protein instead?
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:dr ... clnk&gl=uk

You know I really am thinking of changing my protein to omega3 eggs. Ive lowered my protein intake and still getting cysts one is massive on my neck - infact so far this diet is causing as much a problem then a solution. Ah well I wont give up yet.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think you're making things unnecessarily difficult for yourself, as you're trying to solve several problems/questions at the same time. My suggestion would be to solve the acne problem first, and worry about the rest later. So follow the Acne Sample Diet (http://www.waiworld.com/waicure/acnesamplediet.html) to the letter until your acne is gone.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Point taken. However I dont think olive oil is helping so I will not be using this. I will use codliver oil and coconut oil. I will only eat 1-2 nuts per day and combine the fresh fruits with fats - and keep to 120g of Salmon. I will reset from day one as of today. Excess oleic acid seems to cause a problem - I didnt realise my fish was as high in these fats and 100ml olive oil caused alot of small breakouts and really dry skin.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im extremely susceptible to acne, but oil / fats never made any difference.
Sticking to the 100% diet very strictly is what makes all the difference.
Also, you need to give it some time, as that is what it takes.
You are in the very early stages of the diet, so that your previous dietary habits still are very much of influence now (for some sebum / pus it may take a while before it has surfaced).

As Oscar said; Please just stick to the strict diet for a couple of weeks and then you can start questioning (and changing) things.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Im almost strict bar the use of Lecithin and the fact olive oil is very drying internally so im using coconut oil and codliver oil to cover it and I might well start adding OO back in next week.

My diet is 120g raw salmon, 1 walnut, 1 brazil nut. Fruit (a fair ammount)with coconut oil. 1litre of OJ. 1 spoon of codliver oil - 1 spoon Lecithin. Some water too.

Ive broken out in new 9 cysts (4 on the back the rest around my neck) 7 spots on the face and quite a few pimples on the face since starting this diet. Right now for the last 2 days a small bump on the left side of my neck has now turned into a massive boil thats very painful.

Anyway ive looked into my omega ratio and got it close to 1:1:1 since cutting out OO. Ive always followed the rest after protein. Now im using 60g a sitting not 120g - which clearly will help now. I will add some OO when im more confident. I just tried an avacardo and they are f**king horride! And I can stomach anything...maybe I was expecting sweetness.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:Im almost strict
then you are not on the sample diet.
When you start 100% strict, you start with day 1.
the fact olive oil is very drying internally
What makes it a fact?
I just tried an avacardo and they are f**king horride!
You need a well-ripened hass avocado,
and then you will find it delicious (probably)
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

True its not 100% I agree, its very close tho and I will take out lecithin but I dont see any problem with codliver oil.

Olive oil has dried my back oil because now it feels alot like my girlfriends skin when she was on accutane. Ive also had a 'dry' throat every day since adding olive oil to my diet (regardless of how much water I drink). This is my expericance - not fact of a matter.

Im not into a 'fatty' fruit it seems, lol. I agree it could be amazing for some but I simply dont like what I tasted...theres few foods I dislike but this is now one.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:True its not 100% I agree, its very close tho and I will take out lecithin but I dont see any problem with codliver oil.
I agree.
Olive oil has dried my back oil because now it feels alot like my girlfriends skin when she was on accutane.
But that doesnt mean it has to be the olive oil. It doesnt even have to be caused by a change in diet.
Ive also had a 'dry' throat every day since adding olive oil to my diet
Ah, that may be caused by the type of olive oil. Olive oils with relative high levels of oleuropin tend to have that effect on your throat.
You need an extremely mild oo, that doesnt not have that effect.
Im not into a 'fatty' fruit it seems, lol. I agree it could be amazing for some but I simply dont like what I tasted...theres few foods I dislike but this is now one.
Hmmm. What you tasted, is THAT one, and you didnt like THAT avocado.
It was probably not ripened well, and maybe not a hass avocado?
Particularly avocadoes, more than other fruits, taste bad (are unedible) when not perfectly ripened. Its a 'difficult' fruit. But when perfectly ripened, it tastes delicious.
So, dont judge yet. One day you will taste a perfect avocado, and you may love it...
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Its quite possible its the olive oil in my opinion thats effect my oil (either production or quality) and so far for the worse...since stopping olive oil my breakouts are much more under control, insanely so.
Ive not given up on olive oil yet. I just bought a new bottle today but it tastes 'spicy' while the other tastes abit more mild and dry but ideally id like a sweeter olive taste. Again untill I read more positives on olive oil Im not sold on the idea - but again I will try more over the next few months.

I agree that avacardo wasnt the best experiance, its also true next time it will be a better one. It will be awhile tho. It kinda reminded me of a coconut in a way.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:Its quite possible its the olive oil in my opinion thats effect my oil (either production or quality)
Dietary oil does not co-determine how much oil is produced in the skin.
The latter is determined by your hormones in response to your skin condition.
Also the 'quality' of your skin-oil is not determined by dietary oil, as your body has always the faaty acids required at its disposal.
...since stopping olive oil my breakouts are much more under control
Since stopping the oo, you are further into the diet also...
Only when you manage to totally eliminate acne with this diet and then reintroduce oo into your diet and then break out, only then can you say that oo caused it.
So far that is not the case, and its only speculation.
First you need to clear your skin 100%, and then we will see whether there is any effect of oo on your skin at all.
just wait and see.
dont judge yet.
First we have to clear your skin 100%.
It kinda reminded me of a coconut in a way.
Hmm, then it wasnt ripe enough (too tough/hard).
A really ripe avocado is like butter, but less fat, of course.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

I agree with what your saying and in theory untill im clear I will not truly know.

My point is hormones are related to fat. For postaglandin production, Excess fat of one kind will in essence cause more production of that prostaglandin which could cause a hormonal imbalnce. So using some fats (usually adding omega 3 and reducing omega 6 and 9) can balance hormone production. This factor cures alot of people with acne (not all).

So from this - and using 25ml - 50ml - 100ml of olive oil (high in oleic acid) I can only assume the balance was not favourable (and maybe the fats in farmed salmon arent so great) and this could be one reason of such alot of breakouts on my face (especially the mouth area where I never breakout) I broke out with 5 pimples and 3 larger spots.

Like I said now Ive stopped Olive oil its undercontrol.
Untill im clear and I can 'experiment' then we wont know. I dont mind experimenting when im more clear but right now I dont want to play too much even if its 'healthy' breakouts and olive oil isnt a problem.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

RRM wrote:
Jodiat wrote:
Ive also had a 'dry' throat every day since adding olive oil to my diet
Ah, that may be caused by the type of olive oil. Olive oils with relative high levels of oleuropin tend to have that effect on your throat.
You need an extremely mild oo, that doesnt not have that effect.
RRM - When you mentioned this I instanlty remembered the word 'Oleuropein'.

I remeber this because I have used olive leaf extract to kill candidia in the past and on the bottle it said 'standardised to contain 6% Oleuropein'

Everytime I ever used Olive leaf (for 2 weeks a time) to kill candidia I always broke out alot in the face area! Exactly how I was breaking out last week.

So if my olive oil like you said has high ammounts of Oleuropein and im taking 100ml im killing candidia with a massive ammount (Oleuropein is very powerful against mold, fungus and bacteria). I would be killing way too much then my body can deal with. (I have poor bowels and a weak liver) The excess toxins released produced these breakouts would be Herxheimer reaction and have very little or zero relevance to the omega ratio which was what I was pinning it on.

Now this makes alot of sense because not everyone here will have candidia problems but could still have acne. Thus most people will have no problems with olive oil in high doses. Maybe this should be 'noted' for people with candidia who start this diet?

Im also going to add olive oil back into my diet tomorrow but slowly.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow, interesting, and a very good point, indeed.
Maybe you can post that in the candida thread?
Please make sure that the oo is very mild / low in oleuropin.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Its possibly the answer im looking for and much hope its this then an allergy!

Low oleuropin will be more mild and less bitter and would help more if its an allergy. High oleuropin would be better for me to kill anything that needs killing all I would have to do is limit and monitor it. Then increase over time instead of jumping in the deep end with both feet.